It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmarked black helicopter flies over my neighborhood yesterday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
What does it mean? Anything? I've never seen anything like this, the thing was jet black, very loud and low and there wasn't an identifying mark on it. It was so loud it was intimidating and a little overwhelming. I live in a very well-to-do neighborhood and we see choppers fly over doing traffic reports or heading to the hospitals here in the Spokane area all the time, many times we'll see police surveillance choppers as well, but I've never seen anything like this. Any ideas? Theories?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Lol. Must be a slow week.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Glad I could entertain you but this was a serious question.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
*sigh* Im gonna bite but this is no form of personal attack on the OP but I kind of get annoyed with posts like this. Just because a black helicopter flew over doesn't mean something is up. I'm in the uk and live no where near an air field but I still have the odd Apache or Chinook fly over but I don't come here and post. At the end of the day it could be anything I really wouldn't worry

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I'm sure you'll be fine.

It's normal...

Probably some MIB drill.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Seeing a (black) helicopter and then reporting it here has become the ATS version of "Yellow car no Hit-backs!".

I could understand reporting it if there were more than 3 of them and they were in formation or something, or they were shooting, or doing something of interest.
Imagine going on a geologist forum and reporting ever rock you see. "I seen a rock today, it was a rock".

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Babooshka77

I live in "nowhere-ville" at 2050 m (7000 feet) elevation in the Colorado Rocky Mountain foothills. No less than 5 times last year an ultra-silent helicopter (at least while approaching, still very quiet when departing) cleared the peak of my roof by 50 feet at most; it could even maneuver through zero visibility cloud cover.

Ultra-quiet machine buzzing residential homes at 50 feet and flying through zero visibility low ceilings can't be a civilian birds; no markings seen either.

The overflights have stopped for a few months but it was strange; nothing similar during the previous 20 years I have lived here.

Maybe my ham radio antenna farm spooked somebody?

Best regards,
Z

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Thanks. I'm still new to ATS and didn't know this was such a well-known issue. Please excuse me as I am a newbie and if I post other stuff like this, be kind :-) I just hadn't seen this before -- but we do live right near Fairchild AFB and I was wondering if it was a training deal -- also this is the meth capital of the Pacific Northwest in parts of Spokane and so I was thinking DEA?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

There's been lots of helo activity in Chicago recently.

Are there any planned summits or conventions planned in your area ?

Could be a prelude to security.

Blackhawks Circle Low Through Chicago Skies as Secret Service Releases Security Details

No-Fly Zone To Be Enforced By Shoot-To-Kill Order During NATO Summit

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
If you believe Phil Schneider, the US had 64,000 black helicopters as of 1995 and were
continuing to build them at the rate of 1 every few hours. Pretty soon, we'll each have our own.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Don't apologise friend in my first reply I wasn't trying to knock you down it's good to keep your eyes open but this type of threads do pop up quite alot. Welcome to ATS though I still consider myself a newbie and I've been on here for over a year. And a little tip before posting always helps to use the search function
... Be well !

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
There is a black helicopter that flies low over my house all the time. Sinister looking thing no tail number - it is a Robinson 44. There is also a black Robinson 44 on top of a car leasing co. about 3 miles away. I think the leasing company must be some kind of front.

top topics

join