It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No end to it, NASA medical excuse as regards Deke Slayton proves Apollo inauthenticity

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by filbert

Who is Patrick and what is 404'd? I pointed out that atrial fibrillation is associated with a stroke risk and for that reason Slayton wouldn't be sent into space assuming the connection had been made back in '69. Do you have a medical background? Do you know when the association between stroke and a-fib was first made? I do not. However, I do not believe this particular point about CVAs and a-fib and Slayton has been brought up here or elsewhere for that matter. If it has please provide me with a link.

Patrick is the name of the person who started this thread under one of his many sock puppet names, "decisively." The Moderators can remove a thread from public view by assigning it ti "File 404," a place on the server that cannot be accessed by the public. The Framingham study first concluded that atrial fibrillation could be a risk factor for stroke in 1970:

www.framinghamheartstudy.org...

Of course, as a "health care worker," you would know that other factors would need to be taken into account as well.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

If you are asking me this I am not sure at all what you mean. I do like the OP focus though. The stroke thing is a good way to go with this. A-fibrillation is associated with a high risk for stroke. When the person with a-fib goes in and out of the unusual rhythm little clots of blood that formed in the heart are jolted loose and go to the brain. They can actually do this any time but classically do so when the rhythm changes. So they of course would not send Slayton with this condition. this is a very good point and is quite original. the OP should be commended.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Is the Frammingham the very first study where the association was made?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

The other hemodynamic point is a good one. those two are the main ones I see. Stroke and low blood pressure. If Sayton did go into space post Frammingham study or post general knowledge of CVA and -a-fib association I would say the story must be made up.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by filbert

Since I am HB oriented I would argue if the Slayton story was made up it means the whole thing was made up but somebody might argue that is not necessarily true.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by filbert

The other hemodynamic point is a good one. those two are the main ones I see. Stroke and low blood pressure. If Sayton did go into space post Frammingham study or post general knowledge of CVA and -a-fib association I would say the story must be made up.

Are you Filbert Woodson?

www.economist.com...

I can't believe you keep making such stupid mistakes, Patrick.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by filbert

Since I am HB oriented I would argue if the Slayton story was made up it means the whole thing was made up but somebody might argue that is not necessarily true.

Absolutely. Even if NASA invented a story to, say, cover something embarrassing, it does not invalidate all of the other documentation. Why do you persist in arguing the contrary?
edit on 11-11-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by filbert

Is the Frammingham the very first study where the association was made?

You're he doctor, you tell me. Also, tell me whether microgravity wold increase or decrease the odds of stress related complaints?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Do you ever bored talking with yourself? At least change up your writing style if you're going to go down the sock puppet route.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join