It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No end to it, NASA medical excuse as regards Deke Slayton proves Apollo inauthenticity

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
You seems to pretend that all of this hyper-velocity verbiage proves some point.
With this thread,I'm getting a fix on your position. Thank you for the info.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Deke' s Phantom Atrial Firbrillation Cure, In The Astronaut Boss' Own Very Very Very Bogus Words

So they say, the Apollo astronaut boss was a frustrated astronaut boss. He wanted to "fly" himself, but had been grounded given an alleged problem with atrial fibrillation.

In Slayton's book DEKE ! (Coauthor Michael Cassutt, Tom Doherty Associates New York, 1994),
Deke himself claimed he cured his atrial fibrillation by way of vitamins. From Chapter 24, RETURN TO FLIGHT, Slayton wrote;

"The fibrillations had stopped back in early April, just before the 13 launch. I had been trying to fight off a cold down at the cape and had gone to Chuck Berry, who had loaded me up with vitamins. and I stayed on them. The hunting fibrillation came after a day when I was awake late, then up early, a little more stressful than most.

So just as a little experiment, I started taking the vitamins again, and keeping detailed notes on my intake and my reactions. All through preparations for Apollo 14 and after, I never had a recurrence.

It wasn't the kind of thing you could use as hard medical evidence. I couldn't run to Chuck Berry and say, hey look, I am taking vitamins now-"

and then later in the same chapter;

" So in December 1971 I flew up to Rochester, Minnesota, and checked into the Mayo Clinic under the name "Dick K. King." For a week they ran me through the usual tests-angiograms, whatever. Not only was there no sign of any coronary disease, which had been one of the worries back in 1962, there was no recurrence of the fibrillation."

According to Slayton, he began his vitamin therapy in earnest in the summer of 1970 and no atrial fibrillation for a year and a half up until the time of his Mayo evaluation. Cleared for flight duty by virtue of his good report from the Mayo docs, Slayton alleged he never had a bout of atrial fibrillation again.

Conduction system problems like atrial fibrillation, paroxysmal atrial fibrillation as described in the the case of Slayton, do not come and go. This has nothing to do with real medicine in any sense.

Vitamin therapy does not "cure" paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. Never has, never will, and no competent, thoughtful physician would find Slayton's story about his vitamin self cure credible in any sense.

Subjecting Slayton to an angiogram to determine if coronary artery disease was responsible for his fibrillation is not wholly unreasonable, though most doctors would not view coronary artery disease as a probable cause of his atrial fibrillation. He was diagnosed so young. No chest pain, shortness of breath , diaphoresis, NOTHING, just intermittent atrial fibrillation. What's more, so what ? So what the angiogram is negative ? Coronary artery disease was a very unlikely cause to begin with. Assuming this thing is real, the doing the angiogram part, all these guys have done is exposed Slayton to the very significant risks of catheterizing his coronaries in exchange for almost nothing. After that test, you are right back to square one. Atrial fibrillation on the basis of intrinsic conduction system disease.

I suspect the Slayton and Shepard bogus illnesses are staged to place these men in their respective administrative positions. Be that as it may, we have have shown these medical problems to be 10 plus fake, thank you very much.

Who would have thunk , these simple and most elegant proofs of Apollo inauthenticity are well within the capacity of simple garden variety medical students to handle. One might imagine a University of Texas med student musing about this stuff on his day off, reading about Shepard's hearing coming back, or Slayton eating vitamins and "curing" his a-fib and getting the nod from Charles Berry to climb into a rocket and have at it, "HEY WAIT A MINUTE !!!!! THIS STUFF IS WAY FAKE !!!!! YOU GUYS CAN'T TELL ME YOU PROVED THAT SLAYTON GUY'S HEART WAS OK BY JUST DOING AN ANGIOGRAM ON HIM !!!! THAT DOESN'T TELL US ANYTHING ABOUT HIS CONDUCTION SYSTEM !!!! THIS THING IS SO FAKE !!!! YOU GUYS NEVER WENT TO THE MOON !!!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS PHONY STUFF !!!!" and on and on, you get the idea.

Apollo is fraudulent, any med student could tell you that…..

reply to post by DJW001

edit on 8-5-2012 by decisively because: spelling

edit on 8-5-2012 by decisively because: comma

edit on 8-5-2012 by decisively because: added "are"

edit on 8-5-2012 by decisively because: added "are"

edit on 9-5-2012 by decisively because: spelling

edit on 9-5-2012 by decisively because: spelling

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by decisively

I've decided to withdraw my post. The premise of this thread is way too silly to enter into debate about.

edit on 9-5-2012 by mrwiffler because: arguing with crazy man waste of time

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
He had paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. Meaning it only happens occasionally, and resolves by itself.

These days, if it was a big hairy deal, they'd do a study to see if they could ablate the bad conduction path.

I have something similar myself. About every four years, I'll have a bout of PSVT that lasts maybe 30 seconds. Never stopped me from doing all sorts of things. In fact, I just didn't bother telling anyone, because of just this sort of crap. Slayton's bad luck was that he had a round of it while hooked up to the monitor and they caught it.

A lot of things tend to aggravate this condition, caffeine and tobacco being two of them. Stress, excitement are two others. I suspect all four were in play in Slayton's NASA experience. And PAF is one of those things that just stops and never happens again in some people.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Excellent, great post.

They say Slayton had a-fib once a month by the way. How fast did your heart go when you had it ? When you were in fib, did it effect your activity level at all. Could you ride a bike say, climb a fairly steep hill ?

Did they cath your coronaries ?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by decisively
reply to post by Bedlam

Excellent, great post.

They say Slayton had a-fib once a month by the way. How fast did your heart go when you had it ? When you were in fib, did it effect your activity level at all. Could you ride a bike say, climb a fairly steep hill ?

Did they cath your coronaries ?

I was about as active as you can get in my early years. When I got a run of PSVT I'd spike from high 50's to maybe 230 when I was a kid. These days I still get runs to the 180's. But worst case, it runs about 3 minutes. I can valsalva it away in most cases.

Oddly, except for one thing I've never found anything that would consistently set it off. Sometimes just standing up fast will cause it. There is this stair climber at the Wellness Center in Huntsville that will trigger it in about 30 seconds flat, but other stair climbers don't, and I've never had it happen climbing stairs. I'd say maybe 60% of the bouts I've had were just standing up.

They say you can see it on my EKG on the treadmill, and they always want to ablate it. Tricare will pay for it but I'm a wuss.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I suspect the Slayton and Shepard bogus illnesses are staged to place these men in their respective administrative positions. Be that as it may, we have have shown these medical problems to be 10 plus fake, thank you very much.

Why? Why fake bogus illnesses to put astronauts in administrative positions? Why not just order them? As usual, your logic is completely absent. More importantly, why have you abandoned this thread?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The leftovers of all the apollo missions have been spotted.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Why haven't you responded yet?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
spam removed by Admin
edit on May 16th 2012 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

One might imagine a University of Texas med student musing about this stuff on his day off, reading about Shepard's hearing coming back, or Slayton eating vitamins and "curing" his a-fib and getting the nod from Charles Berry to climb into a rocket and have at it, "HEY WAIT A MINUTE !!!!! THIS STUFF IS WAY FAKE !!!!! YOU GUYS CAN'T TELL ME YOU PROVED THAT SLAYTON GUY'S HEART WAS OK BY JUST DOING AN ANGIOGRAM ON HIM !!!! THAT DOESN'T TELL US ANYTHING ABOUT HIS CONDUCTION SYSTEM !!!! THIS THING IS SO FAKE !!!! YOU GUYS NEVER WENT TO THE MOON !!!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS PHONY STUFF !!!!"

If one did, one would not be very bright. Deke Slayton was one of the original Mercury 7 astronauts. No-one had ever been launched on a rocket into space. NASA administrators insisted that its astronauts be in flawless health. They did not want to take the risk, however slight, that an astronaut might curl up and die at any phase of the mission. Any sort of cardiac condition was enough to keep an astronaut grounded. By the early 1970's, they had acquired enough experience to be confident that a condition like Slayton's was not critical. They let him fly on what would be the last flight before the Shuttle program. Sentimental of them, really. They let his buddy John Glenn fly in the shuttle at the age of 77. Does that make the Shuttle fraudulent?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Shepard in video interview vets MOONSHOT book stories as absolutely authentic

Already posted this in the Alan Shepard thread, but indeed, it is ever so worth having a direct reference to in the Slayton thread as well. Check this bad boy out;

Shepard vets all of that "first person", story telling" nonsense in MOONSHOT as authentic. Remember the line in there that is an absolute contradiction of Armstrong's telling of what's life like on the lunar surface ? The one where Shepard and Slayton say that moon walkers can easily see stars ? Al tells us right here that stuff most decidedly does NOT come from Jay Barbree the book's coauthor but right from the lying heiny jive peddling ain'tstronauts themselves, Shepard and Slayton.

This is an important "document" because as regards all that BULL there in that book, people not infrequently claim it is Jay Barbree the coauthor "making it up" or some such nonsense. Here we have BIG AL telling us, " Nope, every first person account is mine or Deke's"

This video is deceptively sensational.

If you are an Apollo historian, I would suggest downloading it. It's the kind of thing that may disappear. It's that good. Indirectly that good. The goodies are in the MOONSHOT book, this video tells us no one can deny these facts as we now know them to indeed be authored by the ain'tstrobnauts.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Curious, you abandoned your own thread some time ago after once again being humiliated and now reappear completely off topic and derailing your own thread. How telling.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

Hardly abandoning it, great thread, just busy with my others, but i would love to hear from you

So, do you think vitamins can cure "lone" paroxysmal atrial fibrillation ? The medical community does not, and as such, Deke Slayton's now exposed fraudulent illness has become among the strongest evidence herertofore presented for Apollo's now well recognized Inauthenticity.

I have either a dedicated thread, or a dedicated section of a thread covering each of our favorite fraudulent astronaut illnesses. Most of these I myself have dealt with in terms of their general presentation, the exception being Collins' phony neck problem which was nicely covered by SayonaraJupiter.

Please, by all means, let us know what we do not, as regards atrial fibrillation and its amenability to vitamin cure. Indeed, the astronauts' reputations' depend on your ability to muster for them some defense with respect to these issues. Astronaut malingering now poses the greatest threat to Apollo.

It has been suggested that whithin several years, when these matters become more broadly known, Apollo will indeed implode with embarassment in consequence of appreciation for these silly, nonsensical medical events . Can you provide a vaccine AgentSmith to save your buddies, the cislunar peddlers of heiny jive ?

We welcome your posts in defense of the malingering swine. My threads/posts awaiting your comment;

1) The most recent PERP LIST posts covering Mattingly's fraudulent Geman Measles problem. This is perhaps medicine's most devastating attack yet on bogus Apollo.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

2) The Borman Phony cislunar GI distress episode. The most fun intro for you AgentSmith is the YouTube Video;

FRANK BORMAN IS A LYIN' APOLLO FRAUD PERP

3) America's first astronaut Alan Shepard, his bogus vertigo and his fony 40 dB hearing loss cure;

4) The fony fake fraudulant Slayton vitamin atrial fibrillation cure thing you can post on here, on this very thread that you claimed I was neglecting.

I'll leave it to SayonaraJupiter to defend our claims as regards Collins' fony fake fraudluent bad neck. He's more familiar with the fony fake fraudulent bogus chronology than I. That said, regarding issues 1,2,3,4 above, by all means posty away. I would be happy to mop cislunar space with the malingering swine's heinies yet again in response to your challenges. What say you ? Do you think fony fake fraudulent Shepard's Meniere's Disease was really cured ? Do you think fony fake fraudulent Borman really had fony fake fraudulent diarrhea in cislunar space ? Do you think fony fake fraudulent Charles Duke really had rubella and exposed fony fake fraudulent Mattingly ? Do you think fony fake fraudulent Slayton really had atrial fibrillation that was responsive to treatment with vitamins, or treament with nothing for that matter ?

Please do give us all the interesting details when resonding in the afimative to my questions as posed above. Why is it you think these malingerers are not malingering ? I'd Love to know......

You can leave your answers at the dedicated site where that particular issue is being addressed. We are devestatingly well organized as you must be getting a feel for by now.

edit on 16-6-2012 by decisively because: becoming all the more so>now

edit on 16-6-2012 by decisively because: post>posts

edit on 16-6-2012 by decisively because: caps

edit on 16-6-2012 by decisively because: spelling

edit on 16-6-2012 by decisively because: caps

edit on 16-6-2012 by decisively because: Slayton's> Shepard's, comma

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

The risks of a-fib to an astronaut would be two. First of all the hemodynamic risks. Low blood pressure and lack of perfusion. Then the risk of stroke. People take anticoagulants when they have paroxysmal a-fib whether in fib or NSR because of the risk for stroke. I assume that they knew of this association in 1969, stroke and a-fib. If that's the case, then I agree. The story is fabricated. Maybe all of the moon landing story is made up. Wild way to approach this.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Here's Wiki saying the stroke risk is increased 7 fold. en.wikipedia.org...

This is from uptodate(www.uptodate.com...)

Risk of stroke — A serious complication associated with atrial fibrillation is stroke, which can lead to permanent brain damage. A stroke can occur if a blood clot forms in the left atrium because of sluggish blood flow and a piece of the clot (called an embolus) breaks off. The embolus enters the blood circulation and can block a small blood vessel. If this happens in the brain, a stroke can occur. The embolus may also travel to the eye, kidneys, spine, or important arteries of the arms or legs. When the symptoms of a stroke resolve completely within 24 hours, it is called a transient ischemic attack (TIA); many patients refer to this as a “mini-stroke.” (See "Patient information: Stroke symptoms and diagnosis (Beyond the Basics)".) Like atrial fibrillation, the risk of stroke increases with age. Without preventive treatment (eg, blood thinners), stroke occurs in approximately 1.3 percent of people with AF who are 50 to 59 years each year and increases gradually to 5 percent each year for people 80 to 89 years. The other risk factors for stroke include diabetes, high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, or prior stroke or embolus.

Slayton was under 50 but would still be at risk. I really like this approach to the hoax. Never thought of it before even though I work in health care. Does anyone know when they figured out strokes were associated with PSVT, a-fibrillation?
edit on 11-11-2012 by filbert because: a-fibrillation.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by filbert

Slayton was under 50 but would still be at risk. I really like this approach to the hoax. Never thought of it before even though I work in health care. Does anyone know when they figured out strokes were associated with PSVT, a-fibrillation?

Amazing, Patrick. You have managed to turn the fact that your thread wherein I show you that Lawrence Lamb himself did not find Slayton's condition a bar to his flying in space was 404'd to your advantage!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Who is Patrick and what is 404'd? I pointed out that atrial fibrillation is associated with a stroke risk and for that reason Slayton wouldn't be sent into space assuming the connection had been made back in '69. Do you have a medical background? Do you know when the association between stroke and a-fib was first made? I do not. However, I do not believe this particular point about CVAs and a-fib and Slayton has been brought up here or elsewhere for that matter. If it has please provide me with a link.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
speaking of medical records, why did so many apollo 'nauts develop cataracts if they only went to a hollywood basement ?

please say they hid in LEO and never went to the moon, please please please

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join