It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Floating Ghost/Entity In My Room

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
We'll to say the least some weird stuffs been going on at my house from me seeing ghostly figures floating through my room, to closed french doors popping open on their own, shadows shifting and moving around, and what looks like things peeking around corners at me. At this point I just feel like I'm losing my mind and have to share a picture I snapped, was just a simple picture of me in the mirror and well look for yourselves to see what was behind me.

That's my bed to the left with the nightstand next to it and then a futon next to that, there is space behind those to literally stand next to where I lay my head at night. It's nice to know that whatever this thing is it's having a fun time standing over me and watching me while I sleep. Sweet right.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-5-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
At this point I just feel like I'm losing my mind...

Dont lose your mind, instead, do some experiments.

Infra Red, ultra violet pics
Does it react to flashbulbs, loud noise... etc...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

Looks intresting I'd like to note it's shape it isn't a human-like shape but, rather a 'old style clock' shape or maybe a hunch bag person shape. What I mean is its more round like. Maybe it's not a human ghost?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Kind of looks like a spotlight which is on the ceiling,illuminating the wall and bed....
sorry ..but it just looks like that!
edit on 5/8/2012 by zoomer72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

No this ones different, this one looked like it had a a long robe on with a hood. The first one I saw was much more detailed then this and walked right by me like I wasn't even there.

The one in this picture looks like it's blatantly staring at me while I take the picture from what I see it's turned facing foward at me. Thats what worrys me, whatever it is it's focused on me.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by zoomer72

That's alright trust me it's no spotlight though, I took this picture after I rolled out of bed the other morning.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
It looks like subtle light reflecting off the mirror. Any minor light source can cause this, it doesn't have to be a spotlight.

edit on 8-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
WOAH...

Clean your room dude.

On a super serial note, looks spooky, I myself do believe in some sort of afterlife, these energy's do exsist, if they bother you just ask them to leave and they will

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
May I ask if you own an iPhone or a similiar Smartphone?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Yes thats what I took the picture with my iphone.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
My first recommendation is to clean up your room. Maybe the ghost is tired of tripping over your stuff. AFTER your room is cleaned up I would take several photos to see if it was just light refraction or just a glitch. French doors can just pop open has to do with the seal of the door and age of the house. If your not being bothered yet really I wouldnt worry about it.

Good Luck

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
Yes thats what I took the picture with my iphone.

And therein lies the problem. Smartphones, the technology and all the wondrous apps that comes with it is also its own downfall. With apps like Ghost Capture around it's very hard to take reliable "ghost pictures" with a smart phone. I'm not saying that you used this (or a similiar app) to fool us, but because many people have tried to fool us and even professional journalists, the picture cannot be trusted.
Example

Sadly, it's a futile exercise to present a picture taken with a Smartphone. I can recreate a similar image to yours (minus the chaotic room
) with the least bit of effort in seconds.

My suggestion: Use a proper digital camera for all your paranormal investigation activities. That will help proof that the picture is less likely to be a fake, seeing that the EXIF data can be investigated.

Sorry to be a party-pooper, but that's the reality.

Edit: Some additional reading for your pleasure.
edit on 8-5-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jenlovesturtles

The only thing in my room thats dirty is that second bed because I have no dresser or closet so I just lay my clothes out on it, other then that I'm considerably OCD with the neatness of my room.

reply to post by Gemwolf

Thanks for the advice, as for the Ghost App's I would never purposely create a photo like this for amusement. You can examine EXIF date I don't know how to do that, but I'm sure it would show you that this photo wasn't tampered with besides cutting myself out off to the right of the photo. You could even check out the ghost's you can use in the app's, I'm sure the one in my picture wouldn't be found in any of them.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by zoomer72
Kind of looks like a spotlight which is on the ceiling,illuminating the wall and bed....
sorry ..but it just looks like that!

Yeah that was my first thought too. I'm not really a skeptic but that does just look like a light.

On the other hand though I've had an experience where I was In a dark room at night in bed and the door and curtains were closed yet this bright glowing light was on the wall that at first I thought was moonlight but like I said the curtains were closed. So yeah I don't want to just discount your claim

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This is the first time I've seen a picture that actually showed something that I could distinguish from the background. Great shot.
I'm inclined to believe that it was real, and that it's not just a weird light reflection. Only you know what you saw, and you're surely capable of telling the difference.

top topics

join