It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Planet X Approaching After all? How Much Evidence Do We Need?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jb1958
reply to post by dawnprince

What about the theory that Planet X will cause tectonic plate movement etc. (Yes I know most members dismiss this as bunk). But for sake of argument, if there was a planet(comet) heading in, and the Govt knew it harbinged bad things, would the Govt hide the knowledge?

Not if it was a planet, comet or even a large-ish asteroid since such a thing would be seen by thousands of amateur astronomers and become public knowledge within minutes of discovery. And any effect it had on the planet would be as noticeable as a walrus in a trifle at a wedding.

Of course, it's always possible that nearly every one on the planet is involved in the conspiracy EXCEPT YOU
If only you weren't wearing a tinfoil helmet you'd have heard the messages .......

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

No tinfoil hat. Joke all you want. Sinkholes, subsidence, cracks in roadways, smoking ground,flooding, happening all around the world. But, sure, everything's normal.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jb1958

No tinfoil hat. Joke all you want. Sinkholes, subsidence, cracks in roadways, smoking ground,flooding, happening all around the world. But, sure, everything's normal.

You're right. For four and a half billion years, the Earth has been completely inactive geologically. Why has it suddenly come to life?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

A very remarkable planet, this "Planet X".
Not even the gravitation pull of the Sun, nor the Moon can cause the effects you describe, and yet your PlanetX is able to do these things.
Must be very very powerful indeed.

And yet... still nobody can detect it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

reply to post by dawnprince

What about the theory that Planet X will cause tectonic plate movement etc. (Yes I know most members dismiss this as bunk). But for sake of argument, if there was a planet(comet) heading in, and the Govt knew it harbinged bad things, would the Govt hide the knowledge?

Not if it was a planet, comet or even a large-ish asteroid since such a thing would be seen by thousands of amateur astronomers and become public knowledge within minutes of discovery. And any effect it had on the planet would be as noticeable as a walrus in a trifle at a wedding.

What you're stating is wrong. If Planet X was coming at us from the direction of the Sun, and was reflecting light in the IR spectrum due to it's chemical composition, it would be extremely hard to detect - what are all amateur astronomers taught - never look at the Sun.

Of course, it's always possible that nearly every one on the planet is involved in the conspiracy EXCEPT YOU
If only you weren't wearing a tinfoil helmet you'd have heard the messages .......

It's funny how so many cannot resist discussing Planet X without resorting to these little ad hominem digs. Do you really have such a great need to fill a void and to feel superior?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

A very remarkable planet, this "Planet X".
Not even the gravitation pull of the Sun, nor the Moon can cause the effects you describe, and yet your PlanetX is able to do these things.
Must be very very powerful indeed.

And yet... still nobody can detect it.

It's called equilibrium. Ever studied any science? All these factors were in gravitational equilibrium before Planet X showed up, and PX is throwing that equilibrium off.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

It's called equilibrium. Ever studied any science? All these factors were in gravitational equilibrium before Planet X showed up, and PX is throwing that equilibrium off.

So sink holes are caused by "equilibrium?" I think you're the one who needs to study some science.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

So sink holes are caused by "equilibrium?" I think you're the one who needs to study some science.

There are three main kinds of faults: normal, thrust and slip. Thrusts are compressive, slips move in parallel but opposite directions (think San Andreas), and normal faults pull apart and can be known as rifts and occur in rift zones. In active rift zones caused by normal faulting sinkholes are a common feature. Lesson over. Let me know if there is anything else you need to be brought up to speed with.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
PX or ?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Check the first couple minutes. His mic was screwed but WOW! April 19 upload and notice he verifies a new moon right after the clip.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

There are three main kinds of faults: normal, thrust and slip. Thrusts are compressive, slips move in parallel but opposite directions (think San Andreas), and normal faults pull apart and can be known as rifts and occur in rift zones. In active rift zones caused by normal faulting sinkholes are a common feature. Lesson over. Let me know if there is anything else you need to be brought up to speed with.

Sinkholes are usually caused by the erosion of soluable rock, like limestone, not faults or invisible planets. Lesson over.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Sinkholes are usually caused by the erosion of soluable rock, like limestone, not faults or invisible planets. Lesson over.

Karsts are the more common cause of sinkholes; however that does not mean sinkholes are not caused by rifting sometimes and in FACT are, please show me anything that says rifting never causes sinkholes, here is the first link I came across:

www.springerlink.com...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Karsts are the more common cause of sinkholes; however that does not mean sinkholes are not caused by rifting sometimes and in FACT are, please show me anything that says rifting never causes sinkholes, here is the first link I came across:

www.springerlink.com...

I didn't say sinkholes are never caused by rifting, did I? I said they're usually caused by the erosion of soluable rock. The recent uptick in sinkholes in the US has been linked to fracking. How would an invisible planet upset the "equilibrium" of the Earth's crust without affecting the Earth's oceans, which are much, much more liquid and susceptible to tidal forces?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

www.springerlink.com...

I didn't say sinkholes are never caused by rifting, did I? I said they're usually caused by the erosion of soluable rock. The recent uptick in sinkholes in the US has been linked to fracking. How would an invisible planet upset the "equilibrium" of the Earth's crust without affecting the Earth's oceans, which are much, much more liquid and susceptible to tidal forces?

Sinkholes are occurring all over, not just where fracking is occurring. Many low lying coastal areas of the planet are being flooded. Anyway, the results of a new solar body moving the Pacific ocean 3 inches and the Pacific Plate 3 inches would be quite different, with the ocean it wouldn't be noticeable, but with the plate it could be quite violent.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Sinkholes are occurring all over, not just where fracking is occurring. Many low lying coastal areas of the planet are being flooded. Anyway, the results of a new solar body moving the Pacific ocean 3 inches and the Pacific Plate 3 inches would be quite different, with the ocean it wouldn't be noticeable, but with the plate it could be quite violent.

Did I say that sinkholes were only occurring because of fracking? People are simply more aware of sinkhole formation these days because they have gone from being a geological curiosity to a political issue. Surely you're joking about the Pacific Ocean moving three inches. A body large enough to deform the Earth's crust would create huge and unpredictable changes in the tides; predicting them would involve solving a three body problem. (Sun, Moon and X.)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Anyway, the results of a new solar body moving the Pacific ocean 3 inches and the Pacific Plate 3 inches would be quite different, with the ocean it wouldn't be noticeable, but with the plate it could be quite violent.

"violent", you say?
And yet... still, nobody notices.

As one example, seismometers all around the world have registered nothing unusual. And before you cry "government coverup", recall that there are many hobbyists and experimenters who have their seismometer (such as myself).

Here is one such list (psnlist) of just some of those private individuals who have put their seismometers online...
psnlistmap

Why is it that nobody can detect the "violence"?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

What you're stating is wrong. If Planet X was coming at us from the direction of the Sun, and was reflecting light in the IR spectrum due to it's chemical composition, it would be extremely hard to detect - what are all amateur astronomers taught - never look at the Sun.

Maybe a believer could explain to me how that conjecture can possibly be even plausible when, as I'm sure we're all aware, the earth orbits the sun at a distance of approximately 150E6 km (1AU) once every 365.25 days.
IE how can any large anomalous object, IR or not, remain constantly concealed by the sun all year round for years on end while steadily approaching all that time?
Perhaps a diagram would help us all understand how that works.

I've heard the 'only visible from southern hemisphere' theory but I live at 43 south, I have a telescope and I can safely say there's nothing out of the ordinary there. Even if an object was only visible in the IR spectrum it would 'occult' or black out any object it passed in front of unless the claims are expanded to grant the mysterious object transparency as well

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

How Much Evidence Do We Need?

Well, any evidence whatsoever would be a good start.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5   >>

join