It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Planet X Approaching After all? How Much Evidence Do We Need?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

it's a real possibility. but of course some people it will insist that it's complete bs

I haven't seen anyone here insist any such thing about a possible Jovian mass object within or beyond the Oort Cloud. What people are actively calling BS on is that this conjectured object is "Nibiru" or that it's inbound at such a high rate of speed that it will reach us sometime later this year.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Sorry, my bad. I got two YouTube series confused. The Beacon1966 one is interesting and is all about occult symbols.

The series about the return of Planet X is this one...

www.youtube.com...

Sorry I got them confused. The one that starts out as a cartoon is the one that theorizes PID clues actually mean the return of Planet X.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero

it's a real possibility. but of course some people it will insist that it's complete bs

I haven't seen anyone here insist any such thing about a possible Jovian mass object within or beyond the Oort Cloud. What people are actively calling BS on is that this conjectured object is "Nibiru" or that it's inbound at such a high rate of speed that it will reach us sometime later this year.

lol but they could very well be the same thing, no? i agree with you about people thinking it could itself or send something to us by the end of the year.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

reply to post by quedup

I'm just busy reading Zacharia Sitchens book 'The End of Days' - he is convinced of Nibiru returning and he correlates stacks of ancient artifacts and writings to present a good case.

Given that Sitchin's entire cash cow was based on a single symbol on a single seal that even an amateur can see he misinterpreted, either intentionally or through simple ignorance, he most certainly does not present a "good case".

I've read every single one of Zecharia Sitchin's books and he does not base it all on a single symbol on a single seal. Do I know if he is correct? Of course not, but you don't either. Also, Zecharia Sitchin was of the opinion that the 12th planet would return in approximately 1000 years from now. He didn't think it was coming in 2012. It's annoying how there are always people in these threads shouting "Mistranslation!" Yeah I've read those reports too. I've also read a bunch of reports that support his theories. They're theories. We don't know.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The object's you have posted about are nothing like Nibiru. The proposed objects are Nemesis and Tyche. Nemesis would exist 50,000 AU away and not come closer. However, the reasoning behind Nemesis came from a paper in the 80s saying there was a periodicity to mass extinctions. This was shown to be false and as such the Nemesis hypothesis was abandoned. In fact Tyche was proposed by one of the scientists that created Nemesis hypothesis to replace it. Tyche would exist 25,000 AU away and not come any closer. It is also not associated with any mass extinctions. It was merely proposed to explain the orbits of long period comets.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Well with regards to Vatican interest, some time back now, I stumbled across a video on you tube. It wa a Coast to Coast episode with Art Bell. He was chatting with a priest from the Vatican, I am sorry I forget the guys name, but anyway, the discussion was regarding the fact that the Vatican had seized a large telescope somewhere, and Art Bell ask why, to which the Father replied, " it's due to what's going on in space at the moment"

Does anybody remember this? I am sure it could be found on YT.
Just wondering if it is some how related.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

My thoughts exactly.

Of course one must not close their mind to such a possibility.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Op, do your know what the force in charge of occult, the svs is? Mentioned in the article on biblecopydes spelling lol. Siv and svs, again, what is the latter bc I'm still not convinced our nature is good. I have nooo idea what evidence there is for jesus, so ...the theory might hold there is not a concept of good and bad and in terms of who will be saved during the rapture, I dunno I just think our worldviews are about to hit the fan.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Conversations are not evidence; they are hearsay. Eyewitness testimony is also not evidence. In fact -- there are few things less evidential in science than "eyewitness testimony." This is part of the reason UFology is so derided by mainstream science. It relies too much on the most fallible form of evidence there is: what people think they saw, and which parts they claim to "remember."

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Nibiru last passed close to Earth in 2003. I think it killed billions of us when the crust displaced. I guess some people have short memories?

www.rense.com...

amazingtheories.com...

This is really funny:

www.rolfkenneth.no...

I daresay it's invisible approach this year will have a similar effect.

As Barnum said ......

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Full interview is Project Camelot with Luca Scantamburlo....have fun!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I saw the video a few years back and felt it was quite spooky and convincing (although I am no video expert). The video showed a star (light appearing in the distance and seemingly it larger and larger over the time lapsed period being shown on the video. It did seem to be a film from a telescope from what I could tell as the telescope was at first searching the area and then zeroing in on the object (trying to get better clarity).I am sure the vatican have many secrets are at the top of the chain when it comes to keeping and knowing secrets whilst keeping everyone 'dumbed down'.

As for the reference to the alien landing at Muroc/Edwards it does indeed strike me that anyone who has read the Gerald Light letter (Tim Good has featured in his books) and can be found online these days (although it was disclosed pre-internet timeline) would find certain correlation between the suggested event. Both (the OP and Gerald Lights) claimed to be sworn to secrecy and the event being filmed, with President Eisenhower meeting Extraterrestrial Beings. In fact, Gerald Light claimed that all the scientists were in a state of collapse and confusion and witnessed five types of craft!

Here is the exact wording of the letter:

Gerald Light
10545 Scenario Lane
Los Angeles, California

Mr. Meade Layne
San Diego, California

My dear Friend: I have just returned from Muroc [later renamed Edwards Air Force Base]. The report is true — devastatingly true!

I made the journey in company with Franklin Allen of the Hearst papers and Edwin Nourse of Brookings Institute (Truman's erstwhile financial advisor) and Bishop MacIntyre of L.A. (confidential names for the present, please).

When we were allowed to enter the restricted section (after about six hours in which we were checked on every possible item, event, incident and aspect of our personal and public lives), I had the distinct feeling that the world had come to an end with fantastic realism. For I have never seen so many human beings in a state of complete collapse and confusion, as they realized that their own world had indeed ended with such finality as to beggar description. The reality of the "other plane" aeroforms is now and forever removed from the realms of speculation and made a rather painful part of the consciousness of every responsible scientific and political group.

During my two days' visit I saw five separate and distinct types of aircraft being studied and handled by our Air Force officials -- with the assistance and permission of the Etherians! I have no words to express my reactions.

research.borderlands

Mod Note: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS - Please Review This Link.
edit on 8/5/12 by argentus because: removed last three paragraphs -- use only a 'snippet' or 10%, whichever is less; inserted link and ex tags

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titan25
reply to post by quedup

Well with regards to Vatican interest, some time back now, I stumbled across a video on you tube. It wa a Coast to Coast episode with Art Bell. He was chatting with a priest from the Vatican, I am sorry I forget the guys name, but anyway, the discussion was regarding the fact that the Vatican had seized a large telescope somewhere, and Art Bell ask why, to which the Father replied, " it's due to what's going on in space at the moment"

Does anybody remember this? I am sure it could be found on YT.
Just wondering if it is some how related.

I think that was Malachi Martin a jesuit. They may have been talking about the revealed third secret of Fatima. There was a problem that the full secret was not revealed, Cardinal Ratzinger was supposed to have confirmed this, (he was a revealee)
edit on 8-5-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

A really interesting thread! The conversation with the Jesuit, IMHO, it is propoganda on the part of the Jesuit. The Vatican contains within its' secrets an ancient school of assassins putting Mossad to shame. If the priest's credentials checked out, he was sanctioned in telling that story. Also the journalist refers to other items to be revealed: that, too, is a story telling tactic to get people to stay tuned.

That brings us to the question of why? And how much of the story is true? If it were the U.S. telling this story, the answer would be easy. We've run out of enemies and, therefore, reasons and justification to keep the war machine escalating; so a new enemy, an alien enemy could be the next 9/11.

But since it's the Vatican, an ultra secret group within a secretive group, perhaps it is, like the one poster said - a call to faith against a common enemy. Sounds high-minded, though, and I'd say it has more to do with what was seen in those telescopes than alien visitation.

Let's pretend for a moment that the Jesuit had never contacted this journalist in this secret cloak and dagger way: where would the story have gone? Nowhere. Hypothesize again on how evil men would view the second coming. They would view it as alien invasion. Who wants to be the authority, on earth, of what is an evil alien and what is a second coming? Who wants to prepare a population to accept an authority? A false prophet.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Could be something there in the matter of interpretation, Cardinal Ratzinger (as he was at the time of revealing the third secret of Fatima), did admit to a german friend that, some of the secret had been omitted, and that all it would not be revealed until after a third world war. Malachi Martin did not go even that far, although he did say he had seen it, and it was not pleasant, (he always understates in his language) so it could be considered that this secret is all about a war for and against 'the faith' With that, you can read into almost any kind of scenario, including aliens, except perhaps a planet X.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

How Much Evidence Do We Need?

How about any evidence at all?

That's what I was going to say....lol

I still don't count 3rd person "evidence" given to a priest as conclusive proof.
It's not that I am dismissing the possibility of the planet existing but I work on facts, not theory and not conjecture.

If it really exists then I would like some solid proof.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Yeah...any evidence would be nice. You do understand that any type of significant celestial body moving into and passing through the solar system would have noticeable and traceable effects? If a brown dwarf for instance came into the solar system...it's gravity alone would be pulling asteroids from the belts along with it....I call malarkey on this idea...there is nothing to substantiate the idea....and not only that..."IF" there was some object....amateur astonomers all over the world would have noticed it's influence....not.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by quedup
If this conversation is a hoax - fine but no one is providing the evidence for that being the case apart from shouting HOAX.

I just thought it a very interesting conversation and thought perhaps others would too. If you don't then that's fine - I'm just interested in any evidence of how genuine it might be and those involved.

It's all good.

But I'm still waiting on you to post one convincing video of planet x.

I'll just leave this here www.youtube.com...
I could see how the "moon/planet" looking object following the sun could be a lens flare it does appear as the circular shape shows up over the surface of the station before it passes into open air
that however does not explain everything else that occurs after the sun has already passed

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by luxordelphi

Could be something there in the matter of interpretation, Cardinal Ratzinger (as he was at the time of revealing the third secret of Fatima), did admit to a german friend that, some of the secret had been omitted, and that all it would not be revealed until after a third world war. Malachi Martin did not go even that far, although he did say he had seen it, and it was not pleasant, (he always understates in his language) so it could be considered that this secret is all about a war for and against 'the faith' With that, you can read into almost any kind of scenario, including aliens, except perhaps a planet X.

If I had to guess what the third secret was, based on subsequent behavior, I'd say it had to do with the Vatican hierarchy personally. The 'mysteries' of the Roman Catholic Church are really just the embarrassments and that's why a lid has to be kept on them, imo.

Planet X, again, imo, is no secret at all. Astronomers never really stopped looking for it. When Pluto, the Planet X of its' time, was found, it wasn't long before the search went on because Pluto didn't account for everything. In 1983 when something huge was actually spotted and reported and then covered up...it was found because someone was looking for it. When the Vatican runs around setting up telescopes and funding space projects, it means, to me, that something of consequence is in sight.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn

reply to post by quedup

I'm just busy reading Zacharia Sitchens book 'The End of Days' - he is convinced of Nibiru returning and he correlates stacks of ancient artifacts and writings to present a good case.

Given that Sitchin's entire cash cow was based on a single symbol on a single seal that even an amateur can see he misinterpreted, either intentionally or through simple ignorance, he most certainly does not present a "good case".

I've read every single one of Zecharia Sitchin's books and he does not base it all on a single symbol on a single seal. Do I know if he is correct? Of course not, but you don't either. Also, Zecharia Sitchin was of the opinion that the 12th planet would return in approximately 1000 years from now. He didn't think it was coming in 2012. It's annoying how there are always people in these threads shouting "Mistranslation!" Yeah I've read those reports too. I've also read a bunch of reports that support his theories. They're theories. We don't know.

Thank you - yes the guy deserves a lot more respect for his theories which make a lot of sense but people tend not to stick with him till he's finished - they read snippets not books.

I simply thought that as I found the conversation interesting that others might too.

I wondered how much evidence we need before we're convinced but didn't mean that this conversation was the evidence just a little bit in a huge pool that I found interesting. Perhaps my title was wrong but many like to hang on to that and take it out of context as they do Sitchen.
Not to worry, just hoped for a conversation on the topic and still think we should continue to search for evidence as more ancient artifacts and writings become available to us - evidence that can't be denied - established facts among scholars but putting it altogether into a whole lenier story is another matter though Sitchin does a grand job - still all theory.

There is no black or white just many grey areas that no one person has the whole picture of -

edit on 8-5-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join