It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kelly Thomas Video Finally Released

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
reply to post by The_Phantom

Then he didn't want my help, and the people here are claiming that the victim wanted his fathers help...

Can't have both sides, either he wanted his fathers help or not.

I'm saying the father wanted to help him, but Kelly didn't want to be a burden on him, but still saw his father as someone that would protect him if he asked for it. I haven't changed my position at all.
edit on 8-5-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

You've not been libeled or slandered in this site, and claiming you have been puts the burden of proof upon you. You are insisting that the Constitution that granted the Fullerton legislature power to legislate to begin with has no bearing in law. This is an insane argument that not only misunderstands law, it misunderstands crime.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Please, define burden?

If Kelly was asking me for spare change, I am sure he asked his father for something a bit larger.

Speculation is only speculation though, like I said those are the details I do not have. What happened before this "sensational" stuff.

As for the coppers, I don't know why we even stress out anymore. They ALWAYS get off, ALWAYS. Pulling out the dusty old "piece of paper" aka constitution does NOT change reality.

Of course, it does get you stars in a forum. Especially if you riddle your post with inulting ad-hominems!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Have you read the anger some people have expressed in being completely impotent to fight back against police brutality? It was his son; I'd be raising bloody hell...besides, Ron's motivations are mostly a moot point here...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

what are you talking about , did you even read my first post vehemently condemning this act?

Or are you only choosing to see what you want?

You say you deal in first hand evidence.......im sorry how is first hand evidence just in the video , leading you to conclude this man WASNT schizophrenic?

Ther are a lot of things in that video you cant see........LIKE HIS MEDICAL CONDITION......

alluding to the fact that im stupid because i believe COURT proceedings that said this manhas a history of schizophrenia , over watching a video and knowing NOTHING of his medical issues , is ignorance in itself.....

come on man

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

My only response to you is ignorance is not insanity, naievity is not insanity.

Insults; however, ARE insults.

We are done, I am responding to other posters out of respect to them. When they cease I will leave, and you can start hating on the cops again. (SORRY! to have intruppted!)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Please, define burden?

Burden: worrying responsibility: a difficult or worrying responsibility or duty
"the burdens of parenthood"

www.bing.com...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Sorry the "Define burden" was semi-rhetorical.

I find it almost impossible to fathom that if the father had offered his son, let's say 10,000 dollars. Well I don't think the son would have been feeling burdened.

But we all sit here and condemn the police/judges. And the boys father was one himself, now was he a special version? One that doesn't fit in with all the other cops/judges/etc?

Anyway, I don't think I should stick in here. If I am indeed being ignorant, one other poster can't handle that and has to sling insults at me. Which, I might add doesn't fix ignorance. Unfortunatly the mods seem to agree that I am indeed insane, so I better go before I "freak out" or something!

Later!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

The fact you chose to ignore that I agreed about how bad the actions of those two thugs with badges were, while pointing out that many Cop Haters are equally dangerous is telling.

Did you watch the whole tape and or read the transcripts? It was over by the time the others got there who clearly thought they were coming to the aid of two fellow Officers.

The system worked this time and now it's up to a Jury. That's how it's supposed to work.

Hating all Cops when only a small number are bad does not make a person reasonable or honest in my mind.

It is a shame we must have laws and police, but we do. A society without them is far worse than one with them. Most people arrested are guilty as hell and that will never change.

I'll continue to take the "HONEST" route of considering each case separately instead of taking the bigoted route of hating even the well meaning people in uniform who risk their lives for the rest of us.

This time the two Cops were very wrong and luckily the cameras caught it and they will pay. That is the way it should work. As to the Cop Haters, the prisons are full of them. Criminals hate Cops; that's just the way it is. Honest folk sadly admit there are some bad ones and that's just the way it is.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

i cant finish that vid. i keep seeing crap like this and im gonna get locked up, because 1 day i might just beat a cop down myself especially if they threatin me with out reason, ill give them a reason but, not before they push me to. I dont care if i go to jail at least its worth it, i dont care if they kill me, im ready to go home anyway. Bring it on piggy pies, im ready to rumble. you serve and portect your own and us civilians will do the same against you. Atleast i will.

peace...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I find it almost impossible to fathom that if the father had offered his son, let's say 10,000 dollars. Well I don't think the son would have been feeling burdened.

But we all sit here and condemn the police/judges. And the boys father was one himself, now was he a special version? One that doesn't fit in with all the other cops/judges/etc?

Anyway, I don't think I should stick in here. If I am indeed being ignorant, one other poster can't handle that and has to sling insults at me. Which, I might add doesn't fix ignorance. Unfortunatly the mods seem to agree that I am indeed insane, so I better go before I "freak out" or something!

Later!

We don't know how much his father gave him, I'm sure he probably gave him as much help as he could without forcing him to live in a hospital. I don't know why people are assuming that his father is some terrible person for no reason at all.

Well, if someone asks for a definition I might as well provide one.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

enlightened individuals know better and those of you who are defending the officers actions or not acknowledging the wrong doing here are existing on a lower level of consciousness. One day you will grow and start to feel a new part of your consciousness that exists called compassion.

first off dont try to talk down to anyone and call yourself enlightened , because someon has a difference of opinion....

Second of all, I think ive stated atleast twice, that these officers should be shot.........

Next time, if youre so enlightened, read the whole post, and get my viewpoint on things before accusing me of anything...........thats what an enlightened person would do

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Later!

I agree, he couldnt get the kid a hotel
the kid wouldnt take a measly hotel?
GET OUT OF HERE that sounds insane..
that is not logical..

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Don't imagine for a single second that you haven't insulted I and countless other in reading this thread with your tripe.

You can point to a lion and declare it a duck all you want, the sane will witness this and think you insane. You can call someone who has made irrefutable points of law ignorant, but again, such a remark is just insane.

Perhaps, out of respect to the other members, you can read this over and come back and explain how the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals is just as ignorant as I.

In April, 2006 the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit ruled that "making it a crime to be homeless by charging them with a crime is in violation of the 8th and 14th Amendments."

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I do believe you are falsely accusing the Father here. You may want to look into that.

I`ve seen where his family wanted to help him but he bounced around at times and wanted to be doing his own things rather then tie them down.

Being homeless isn`t against the law and these cops had no right to cause this man trouble and should be placed in Prison for his murder.

You also mention how the constitution keeps getting brought up. Well yes it does and I`m ready to die to defend it not lay down and give up.

And I did give you two stars for I do agree with some things you have mentioned.

link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

that is not logical..

People who suffer from mental illness are generally not logical...

link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

what are you talking about , did you even read my first post vehemently condemning this act?

You say you deal in first hand evidence.......im sorry how is first hand evidence just in the video , leading you to conclude this man WASNT schizophrenic?

Ther are a lot of things in that video you cant see........LIKE HIS MEDICAL CONDITION......

alluding to the fact that im stupid because i believe COURT proceedings that said this manhas a history of schizophrenia , over watching a video and knowing NOTHING of his medical issues , is ignorance in itself.....

come on man

Justifying the officers actions proves that you have lost scope of the real issue at hand.

What the officers did was wrong.

according to The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) Statistics show that schizophrenia does not usually cause violent behavior, and the majority of those with schizophrenia are not violent. Indeed, schizophrenics are more likely to be victimized by violent crime than to commit it against others [source: Javitt].

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Later!

I agree, he couldnt get the kid a hotel
the kid wouldnt take a measly hotel?
GET OUT OF HERE that sounds insane..
that is not logical..

I'm saying Kelly didn't want all the burden of taking care of him to just be on his dad, by being on the street getting help from several people no one person is responsible for his care. Dude, he was calling out for his dad, knowing that his dad is the type of person that would give him help if he wanted it.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Very interesting. A complete failure on part of those police officers, the whole thing could of been handled a lot better. The dude should of been in a mental ward from the looks of the vid, if they cant handle one scrawny weak from malnutrition and sleeping in trash cans for a long periods of time man, then they need to hire some cops who can, and can handle it way better, from the looks of the homeless guy he was not much if any real threat. If they wanted to find out his name bring him in or finger print him or something, without the beat down. They could of.

They even have portable fingerprint devices for such cases.
portable-device-helps-officers-id-uncooperative- suspects

It's clear the cops or at least one cop had was really just looking to beat him down, especially on the part were they tell him to put his feet out in front of him, and his hands. And especially since you can hear that one cop say something along the lines "see my fist its ready to F*** you up". If they really wanted to they could of handled this way more peacefully and with better results. It's pretty obvious at least that one cop was out to get him and the rest joined in like a pack. Epic failure on there parts, or actually its more along the lines of deathly failure.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

come on man

Justifying the officers actions proves that you have lost scope of the real issue at hand.

What the officers did was wrong.

according to The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) Statistics show that schizophrenia does not usually cause violent behavior, and the majority of those with schizophrenia are not violent. Indeed, schizophrenics are more likely to be victimized by violent crime than to commit it against others [source: Javitt].

Again.........where in ANY of my posts have i justified their actions?

NAME ONE?

Look through my posts in this thread......its not hard.........point out the spot where i said this? infact ill make it easy

Why dont you look at the first page...........

Wait ill make it easier.........I stated this

Leos should be aware enough to take all things into consideration........not everyone understands things like others do, there are people with illnesses out there..........there was no reason for this to occur...... They also proved toxicology that the man was neither on drugs or intoxicated...

now you can appologize for insulting me, and clearly not reading my opinions on the thugs
edit on 8-5-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join