It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kelly Thomas Video Finally Released

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
this is why you do not resist arrest
Its called shut up and lawyer up..

now why you do this so these
guys cant get off on beating you up
this guy in the video is a complete
moron..

he should of shut up let them apes arrest him and let his lawyer
do the dirty work

he fell right for what they were wanting to do

I hope you get what you deserve soon enough, its people like you that is taking us down. Sad thing is, this guy had a condition, the cops are just so...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by rebellender

I can't speak for jimmyx but I think it is s semi-observational sarcastic type remark. At least that's how I read it. jimmys isn't saying it is right but saying that it happens and often, somewhere between occasionally and regularly.

At least the main perpetrator has been charged with murder although I personally think the rest should at least be charged with complicity or whatever it's called. I mean, surely common sense would tell a trained LEO what a severe beating with and without weapons from a much larger man in the dominant position would result in. They literally helped their colleague to kill this man imho.

The man's father (I caught this story the first time around on ATS) is....get ready for this...an ex LEO. Uh-huh. Imagine how he feels....

May justice be served swiftly and fairly.
edit on 8/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Corrected user name of jimmyx

agreed,
the world is getting dark. we have the option of going inside and closing the door and shutting it out as to ignore it's darkness,
Police and Military dont have that option. Their job is the Darkness.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This is pathetic on so man levels. It's a disgrace that cops can't figure out how to handle the mentally handy capped.

Furthermore it's pathetic to see just how under trained the police are in restraining an individual. A 80 year old grandmother two lessons into a basic jujitsu class could have done a better job. Seriously. no technique. it appears like they have no training whatsoever. Pathetic pathetic pathetic.

Seriously cops expect us to respect them with this sort of garbage going on.

Also, what gives with wanting to punch another person in the face who hasn't done anything to you. That is whats called sociopathic behavior. Nobody in their right mind goes around looking for an excuse to hit somebody who hasn't done anything to them.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The police are being charged that
is a good thing, now if they can get
a convction would be even better.
Testimony to continue at hearing for CA officers
The coroner concluded that Thomas died from mechanical compression

Read more: lacrossetribune.com... 7j6

Does this help the cops any knowing
he died from the cpr mechanical machine
and not directly from the cops only related to it?

Guys dad has spoke out, nice for kellies dad
to speak out now after the fact his son
was beaten to death homeless.. what a low life.

He obviously does not care much for his disabled
son it would be sick they try getting money now
out of the deal which sounds like what is going on
edit on 8-5-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Does this help the cops any knowing he died from the cpr mechanical machine and not directly from the cops only related to it?

so it is your contention that Kelly Thomas would be alive now if no CPR was given?
edit on 8-5-2012 by rebellender because: doing a lot of that lately

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

Does this help the cops any knowing he died from the cpr mechanical machine and not directly from the cops only related to it?

so it is your contention that Kelly Thomas would be alive now if no CPR was given?
edit on 8-5-2012 by rebellender because: doing a lot of that lately

No its not mine this seems to be some kind
of defense.. he would of never needed cpr
if not for the beating.
Could this help the case in favor of the officers?
I would have no problem convicting all of them
on manslaughter charges..

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I would have no problem convicting all of them on manslaughter charges..

here is my flip side of Zimmerman.
I dont have a problem sending the one cop to the chair today.

I am also not going to ramble on over the course of 300 pgs about my position.
Saving grace to the police officer is he gets due process.
My saving grace is I am human. There is forgiveness for being human.

should there be forgiveness for being an Animal?

Nuff Said by me on this....I am walking away
edit on 8-5-2012 by rebellender because: its like a rash

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Horrible case.I saw the partial video that was released before.That's all I need to see to know that these cops way over reacted.These cops are going to have the book thrown at them and they deserve it.Anything less would be absurd.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

The coroner concluded that Thomas died from mechanical compression

Read more: lacrossetribune.com... 7j6

Does this help the cops any knowing
he died from the cpr mechanical machine
and not directly from the cops only related to it?

He did not die from the CPR machine. Mechanical Compression has nothing to do with CPR, they are saying that the Police being piled up on top of Kelly prevented his chest from rising when he attempted to take a breathe. It is explained in much much more detail from the DA when he announced that charges will be filed.

Guys dad has spoke out, nice for kellies dad
to speak out now after the fact his son
was beaten to death homeless.. what a low life.

Way to be totally judgmental about circumstances you know absolutely nothing about.

How do you know he did not care? Because the son was homeless? How do you know that Kelly Thomas was not on the street by choice? You are making a million assumptions based on no facts at all. Not exactly a smart thing to do.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

Yes we do......

Source

The officers stopped Thomas and searched his backpack and asked him to sit on the curb. But the shirtless man, who suffered from schizophrenia, had trouble complying, prosecutors said, at which point Ramos put on a pair of latex gloves, leaned down and threatened him with his fists

edit on 8-5-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

I'm basing my response on what I actually SEE in the video. Not what the tabloids and newspapers are "saying" about him. Show me the medical diagnosis from a qualified doctor saying he was schizo...

Im basing on what the reports and the courts are saying......

not what someone can speculate from a video.........

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Watching that just infuriates me .. the brutality was over the top, I saw where the one cop started beating him with a flash light while a couple of other cops were holding him down, kneeing and tazing him.. he sounded like he wanted to cooperate..

It's hard not to thrash when you've got a tazer jolting you, cops kicking you, pinning you down so you can't breathe and then start pounding you with a flashlight.. and honestly if it takes that many cops to subdue one person who didn't even look violent, then you might want to reconsider your police training.. a couple of those cops looked too fat to do anything BUT beat on someone with a weapon ..

I'm speaking out of anger .. I admit it.. but it was absolutely over the top.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
That was no stop and search. That was a public execution for vagrancy and a brutal one at that.

As others have said already. He was well known to the police so the action being taken was probably more to do with 'lets bully the tramp' than anything to do with protecting and serving.

It looked to me that Thomas got up from a seated position because the pig of a cop hit him. The rest was very hard to watch.

Let's see how the law deals with these criminals. All of them. Not one policeman tried to stop this and they all got their story straight before Thomas was even taken away. How many times have they done this before if getting their stories right is done so casually?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I agree, let your lawyer do the fighting.
However, I think I read that this individual was not quite all there to begin with.
Either way, I hope these animls get some real prison time at the very least.
Although I'm pretty sure they won't.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

How do you know he did not care? Because the son was homeless? How do you know that Kelly Thomas was not on the street by choice? You are making a million assumptions based on no facts at all. Not exactly a smart thing to do.

I don't know but coming out
after the fact his son is dead
crying foul seems fishy..

Was it wrong what they did, yes..

I would like to know more about why
his father let his mentally disabled
son out on the street homeless
almost starving to death..

That said should the PD pay yes
they should pay finacially and
the cops should pay with prison time..

Just would hate to see this dad get a million
dollars after letting his son be on the street like that
would that not make you more pissed about this whole
situation it does me... poor guy got beaten to death
with no family crying for his dad.. while his dad it seems
couldnt give two craps about him at the time but comes
out right IN TIME to collect a little or ALOT of cash.. that distgust me just as much

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia

reply to post by knightsofcydonia

Yes we do......

Source

The officers stopped Thomas and searched his backpack and asked him to sit on the curb. But the shirtless man, who suffered from schizophrenia, had trouble complying, prosecutors said, at which point Ramos put on a pair of latex gloves, leaned down and threatened him with his fists

edit on 8-5-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

I'm basing my response on what I actually SEE in the video. Not what the tabloids and newspapers are "saying" about him. Show me the medical diagnosis from a qualified doctor saying he was schizo...

Im basing on what the reports and the courts are saying......

not what someone can speculate from a video.........

So what you're saying is that second hand evidence is stronger than first hand? That defy's all logic.

this is completely inhumane. If you can't see that then I feel sorry for you.

The lack of empathy on this forum scares me. People are so full of hatred and aggression..its a mental illness.

enlightened individuals know better and those of you who are defending the officers actions or not acknowledging the wrong doing here are existing on a lower level of consciousness.
One day you will grow and start to feel a new part of your consciousness that exists called compassion.
edit on 8-5-2012 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I wish I hadn't watched that. As a mother, to hear him crying for his Dad at the end breaks my heart to tiny little pieces.

No dinner for me tonight.

I hate abuse of power.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Though there are strict rules pertaining to how police officers handle persons with a mental disability, the COC seems to be an excuse for officers to act out.

BTW, COC means "Contempt of Cop".

I guess these officers missed this.
Responding to mentally disturbed citizens: Basic strategies for patrol officers

The first priority is ascertaining the physical health and safety of the subject and others who may be at the scene. If there is no immediate danger to self or others, when first approaching the subject, keep your distance and move slowly. One officer should be the talker and the rest keep silent, to avoid simultaneous conversation, which will likely be confusing and irritating to an already disturbed subject; the other officers can control any crowds that might contribute to a spectator circus. Employ the technique of a calm show of force: by a combination of strength of numbers and a firm but easygoing manner, make it clear to the subject that you would prefer him to comply willingly and will respect his decision to do so, but you are prepared to use physical restraint if he leaves you no other choice.

For many disturbed subjects, this approach accomplishes the dual purpose of imposing some external control over an otherwise overwhelming experience, and at the same time, leaving an otherwise resistant subject a face-saving way out of appearing weak by “giving in” – after all, he’s facing six cops. Also, many mentally ill subjects are so disturbed that an otherwise intimidating show of force by just one or two officers may be completely missed or ignored. For example, a drawn baton or firearm may have little meaning to an already frightened, angry, hallucinating subject.

In line with this, provide reasonable assurance that you’re there to make things better, not worse. With angry and agitated subjects, avoid unnecessary threats and try to meet hostility with deflection and de-escalation, but be cautious about letting down your guard. Remember, mentally disordered persons are unpredictable, so never underestimate a subject’s size or appearance – it’s amazing what a burst of adrenalin can enable a terrified or enraged person to do. Even though the subject appears disturbed, try to keep your conversation geared to that of a normal, reasonable person. As much as possible, don’t lie, deceive, unnecessarily manipulate, or treat the subject like a child – remember, “just because they’re crazy doesn’t mean they’re stupid.”

If the subject expresses delusional thinking, neither dispute nor agree with the content. Arguing against someone’s perception (“there’s no plot to kill you, pal – it’s all in your head”) is likely to be irritating and alienating, while too-quickly agreeing with the delusion (“yeah, they’re tying to get you, but we’ll take care of it”) or hallucination (“sure, sure, we see the guys with the trenchcoats, too”) may be taken for the phony camaraderie that it is, further inflaming the subject by convincing him that he can trust no one and is being manipulated by everyone. A better strategy is present yourself as an honest broker who frankly can’t pretend to see or believe what the subject does, but is prepared to keep an open mind in the service of helping the subject:

“Sir/Ma’am, I really don’t know if they’re after you or not, but if you think they are, let’s figure out how to keep you safe for now, okay?”

www.policeone.com...

How come I can find this information, and they cant?????

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
To the best of my knowledge the claim that Fullerton P.D. were called on the scene by an anonymous caller complaining of vehicles being vandalized has never been verified or borne out. There appears to be no evidence whatsoever of any call to the Fullerton P.D. about vehicles being vandalized near the area Kelly Thomas was found. This claim that the Fullerton P.D. were responding to a call is being made to establish jurisdiction. Without any physical evidence of an "anonymous" call being made the whole incident lacks any subject matter jurisdiction, and it then becomes a moot point whether Kelly Thomas gave "police officers" his name or not.

Without any subject matter jurisdiction, it matters not what kind of badge and uniform the thugs were wearing, they acted as private persons on their own private beliefs, and it appears their private beliefs are that homeless people with mental handicaps need a can of whoop ass opened on them even if it means killing them.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Off with their heads.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Thats the most disturbing video of sadistic killers killing a helpless man for fun that I've ever seen. Its even worse than the rape scene in Pink Floyd the Wall. I never imagined my own #ry would become so screwed up. EVERY OFFICER THERE DESERVES A LIFE SENTENCE...

They initiated the violence instead of handcuffing him they swung at him with num-chucks... then they spent 10 minutes killing him slowly - TORTURE - putting all their weight on him to squeeze the life out of him - like snakes.

Its time to make the cameras a live feed to the public. Obviously the management of the police force is GUILTY TOO - at least of the COVER UP and prolly also for "training" them to be thugs on purpose.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join