It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Weather Events Now Occurring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Another Class M flare ejected from our sun:What's up with that?

Has anyone been having minor trouble like static on phones or what not so far? I was having some problems with static today, and searched and found this. I know who he ishe's pretty reputable as far as I know.

At least these are just class M's (but I don't pretend to be a professional on this subject) I would imagine if they hit the right spot they could still be something too watch. Just as long as it's not an X Flare,

Mitch Battros

A sporadic line of severe weather alerts have been broadcast in Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Alabama, Florida, and Texas. The National Weather Service has placed "warning" alerts for flash floods, hail storms, and sudden temperature shifts. (spelled correctly) :-)

edit on 7-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Only thing that happened here was a drizzle, nothing interesting.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Same here. had a little rain and some thunder earlier, but all fine.. and just FYI, I'm in Ohio .. the storms I experienced lasted only 10-15 minutes and weren't that bad... as an Ohioan I'm used to much worse.
edit on 5/7/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I would welcome severe rain. This spring has been way to dry. We had some rain but it was a sorry excuse for typical spring t-storm.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The connection between earth weather and space weather is theory.

The theory is based on geomagnetic storms produced from Coronal Mass Ejections (CME), which are essentially highly-charged gas clouds that were able to escape the sun's gravity.

The CME usually arrives days afterwards as it is plasma, while the solar flare travels to earth at the speed of light, reaching earth 8 minutes after the flare on the surface of the sun. With very strong flares, you sometimes have a 'proton event,' which can be harmful to satellites and astronauts in space, as well as passengers on airliners near the poles.

So the order of events when dealing with solar flares:

1. Solar Flare (X-Ray radiation)
2. Solar Proton Event (If produced, follows flare)
3. Coronal Mass Ejection (arrives days after flare, causes geomagnetic storms)

Now this particular flare, being a low M-Class flare, is probably not strong enough to cause any serious geomagnetic storms. So if there was a connection between this flare and weather, it would take days for it to manifest. It wouldn't be instant. This is all theoretical of course, no one actually knows if there is a connection.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I know not too much of anything here either, FL, clouds. Static on phones though, and for what of a better word some stoppage on tv tonight, like skips in an old video, it did straighten itself out though. Let's hope the dudes wrong. Unless later this week.
Spoke too soon some lightening in the sky.
edit on 7-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by windowpane

Thanks for the clarification. I guess the lightening I'm seeing now has nothing to do with it. I hate lightening though. Thanks again.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Weather Alert:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hell of a storm in Austin. Just drove 10 miles in it and my care nearly floated away in a couple spots. High winds - like 45 mph bursts. Some thunder but mostly very very heavy rain. Couldn't see 15 feet in front of my car going 20mph. It's good though because we desperately need some water to fill up Lake Travis before the hot, never see rain summer of central texas (normal).
edit on 7-5-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Yesterday in NE Florida we had severe storms with hail and strong winds. The wind bent our flag pole over at the ground. This is a 3" pole at the base, and I have never seen one bend like that. I am waiting to see further storms in SE Georgia & NE Florida in the next couple of days. You could hardly see the houses across the street. And the winds must have bee 70 MPH gusts and 50 MPH sustained.

edit on 7/5/12 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Hope you stay safe and be careful. Some those rainstorms can really be nasty with nore than just rains
All that happened here FL, would've been what my grandmother would've called heat lightening (of course now I know there's no such thing as heat lightening , but the lightening was mixed with low thunder, no rain someplace must've been getting it decently

new topics

top topics

join