It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is one world government a problem?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
What is exactly is the problem with a single world government, or globalized institutions?

If we start by assuming that all governments are bad within a certain range, how would a single world government be any worse than the governments that currently exist?

Would there not be some strong economic payoffs like the elimination of protectionist subsidies, and easier movement of goods and capital?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This question has been asked here several times. I think a lot (maybe even most) of people understand that a one world government is an inevitable outcome for us at some point. The problem is- do you want it to be people like the current U.S. government to be the government? I am not implying here, that it would be the US government taking over the world blah blah blah.

A unified civilization could be a wonderful thing. We have to be very careful how that comes to fruition. We don't want ObamonsantophizerBP to be our leader, do we?
edit on 7-5-2012 by MzMorbid because: noodles

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DakotaCensus
What is exactly is the problem with a single world government, or globalized institutions?

If we start by assuming that all governments are bad within a certain range, how would a single world government be any worse than the governments that currently exist?

Would there not be some strong economic payoffs like the elimination of protectionist subsidies, and easier movement of goods and capital?

That's exactly what Mussolini said! We really should put more thought into making things easier on the Fascist one-worlders....

edit on 5/7/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Why is one world government a problem?

Why would it be so bad to eliminate every small business and replace each of them in every city with one large walmart?

Absolute power corrupts absolutely One world government means that... if you ever wanted to escape, there would be no place for you to go to escape.

No thanks .

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
the one world government doesn't imply they want to govern the people on the world
just the world
without all the people

that could be construed as bad
especially if you are amoungst the people that they don't plan to have to govern

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The problem would be for those who worked their ass off to improve their country and to eliminate the borders would be basically to hand over the rewards for all that hard work. The neighborhood i was born and grew up in has been taken over by peoples from other counrties and it is for lack of a better term a sh!thole now.

Why should we work so hard to beautify our communities only to have others come in, take over and wreck the place?

If one was set in place as one poster said there would be nowhere to go, well then i`d build an island in the shape of a middle fingers so as to be seen from satellite.

edit on 7-5-2012 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Let someone like the Dalai Lama lead the One World Government, and maybe I wouldn't have a problem with it. But if it's started by the US and run by the same idiots, I'll just shoot myself.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Why would it be so bad to eliminate every small business and replace each of them in every city with one large walmart?

That's a non-sequitur. China has an incredibly centralized government, that exerts a much tighter control over its population than the US or Europe, and yet has a huge number of thriving small business.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
Let someone like the Dalai Lama lead the One World Government, and maybe I wouldn't have a problem with it. But if it's started by the US and run by the same idiots, I'll just shoot myself.

the Dali lama is a hereditary leader ( well sort of)
no democracy about it

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
That's exactly what Mussolini said! We really should put more thought into making things easier on the Fascist one-worlders....

That's an ad hominen fallacy, if Mussolini said he liked toast would that make people who eat breakfast fascists too?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The problem, for myself at least, with a one world government like the one we can feel coming, is that it will be forced upon most of us, and it certainly won't be (or isn't?) a benevolent transition. It's also my honest opinion that our species, collectively, isn't ready to be unified. There are far too many ideologies for this to happen peacefully at the present. I believe humanity still has at least a half dozen centuries before we begin to think and behave similarly enough to have a one world government.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DakotaCensus

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

That's an ad hominen fallacy, if Mussolini said he liked toast would that make people who eat breakfast fascists too?

No, I don't think eating toast makes people fascists. I think that being fascists makes people fascists. At the moment we don't have anyone else to be in charge. When all our leaders are a hell of a lot kinder and more interested in my well-being, I might change my mind....

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
the economic collapse in '08 was due to greed. alan greenspan testified in front of congress they deregulated the deriviatives industry because they didn't think the banks would be dumb enough to concentrate so much risk in just a few insitutions

I'm no genius, but if a handful of american banks almost took down the global economy due to greed, centralizing all the money literally into one place would mean a return to lifestyles circa 1500

I'm not ready for that

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The real issue I think is that you have no say, your freedoms are blanketed by one controlling force proving no balance of power.

When you have one body in charge of everything......it tends to be the big suck for everybody.....history repeats after all. Only this would be repeating on a global scale.....imagine the room there for corruption and debauchery...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
its not a problem as see it, equal opportunity to everyone!

I have a feeling that Alex Jones and the whole lot of people in on this whole financial collapse mumbo jumbo are going to be the ones responsible for the collapse over time, and I also feel that they (freddie mae, etc etc, wall st etc etc, all the conspiracy hosts etc etc) were put into place years ago to mastermind the most beautiful plan of a one world government and bring it to fruition.

Once the collapse happens what better way to indulge everyone with a New World Order, one that will solve everyone's problems!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
A simple and direct answer was provided by British historian Lord Acton over 100 years ago:

Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

A one-world government would, by both nature and necessity, be one of absolute power. Therefore, it would be absolutely corrupt and absolutely corruptive.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic
The real issue I think is that you have no say, your freedoms are blanketed by one controlling force proving no balance of power.

When you have one body in charge of everything......it tends to be the big suck for everybody.....history repeats after all. Only this would be repeating on a global scale.....imagine the room there for corruption and debauchery...

I'm not sure I follow you. What history repeating are you talking about here?

Also how does the balance of power within a nation relate to external forces? It is not like there is some outside force preventing the US government from becoming totally authoritarian. Any checks that do exist are internal to the system.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MzMorbid
This question has been asked here several times. I think a lot (maybe even most) of people understand that a one world government is an inevitable outcome for us at some point. The problem is- do you want it to be people like the current U.S. government to be the government? I am not implying here, that it would be the US government taking over the world blah blah blah.

A unified civilization could be a wonderful thing. We have to be very careful how that comes to fruition. We don't want ObamonsantophizerBP to be our leader, do we?
edit on 7-5-2012 by MzMorbid because: noodles

A one world government is not inevitable and it will never occur. The people of the West are deluded with themselves, they think all nations are going to come together as one.

Yet outside of the West countries are plotting your very downfall, countries like Iran, North Korea, Russia, China, Argentina, and so on all want world domination without having to share with the westerners.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DakotaCensus

OK, look..you have one gov...one authority to rule all...nations will be nations in language only. History has proven using Rome as a example, that over time, one ruler is inherently bad for all involved.

One party, one ruler....same thing, one small group dictating policy for all even if it's detrimental to the growth of that one order.

Democracy was a transitional gov anyway.....

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
A one world goverment is a good idea, there is nothing wrong with the concept at all. The problem comes from our governments all being corrupt criminal organisations. If the rot could be removed and all goverments magically became concerned of our wealfare, and not our wallets, then a one world government could do all kinds of good. End world hunger, poverty and unite the world. But that won't happen under the rule of greedy maniac war hungry monsters.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join