It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is one world government a problem?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
What is exactly is the problem with a single world government, or globalized institutions?

If we start by assuming that all governments are bad within a certain range, how would a single world government be any worse than the governments that currently exist?

Would there not be some strong economic payoffs like the elimination of protectionist subsidies, and easier movement of goods and capital?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DakotaCensus

The problem would be for those who worked their ass off to improve their country and to eliminate the borders would be basically to hand over the rewards for all that hard work. The neighborhood i was born and grew up in has been taken over by peoples from other counrties and it is for lack of a better term a sh!thole now.

Why should we work so hard to beautify our communities only to have others come in, take over and wreck the place?

A one world government would only work after a major depopulation, either by nature`s hands or our own.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

Actually a One World Government would work if we have a common threat such as an alien invasion and when Humanity decided to build an interstellar empire

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

You watch to many movies.

How do you even know that the concept of invasion is something an E.T. would be familar with? The whole idea of a more advanced civilization conquering lesser civilizations is a human thing, something that originated here on Terra Firma. Dont be so fast to see E.T.s as hostile yet, if anything they may want to come back down from the heavens in which they came(Annunaki) and show us once again the correct way we should be living our lives.

With regards to that last statement how many humans would view the ETs as hostile now? If they were to land somewhere tomorrow and declare every religion we ever heard of complete false, and then go on to say that the food we eat is wrong, the ways we communicate, etc and etc.

The mind must remain open to all possibilities even the inconcivable.
edit on 7-5-2012 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DakotaCensus
What is exactly is the problem with a single world government, or globalized institutions?

If we start by assuming that all governments are bad within a certain range, how would a single world government be any worse than the governments that currently exist?

Would there not be some strong economic payoffs like the elimination of protectionist subsidies, and easier movement of goods and capital?

My simplest answer - because power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Because men are men, and the type of men who *usually* rise to such authority did so through conniving and sheer ambition, and this usually is not due to some send of altruism or good will on their part (some very enlightening studies exist on positions of authority and the sociopathic tendencies of those who usually work toward them).

In a perfect world, with a perfect people, such homogeneity might work - but this is far from a perfect world, and we are far from a perfect people. A single ruling entity over the entire planet would scare me to no end, as there would effectively be no safe havens left from poor judgement or outright tyranny...and I have no doubt such would ensue before long at all.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
reply to post by StratosFear

Actually a One World Government would work if we have a common threat such as an alien invasion and when Humanity decided to build an interstellar empire

When the Aliens come or when we have an intergalactic fleet ready for take off... Let me know!

Until then...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Human nature. The issues that plague national governments will sill exist, but on a global scale... imo.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Look at it like this.

How many different types of Govt. exist on this planet? And most people hate their Govt.

And you really believe EVERYONE would agree on one Govt. to oversee everything?

I don't think you fully comprehend the implications of what you are saying.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Sorry for the double post of this topic, not sure how I managed to do that but it was unintentional.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DakotaCensus

It happens.

Please direct additional comments to the other thread of this same subject, located here.

Thanks

Thread closed.

top topics

join