It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing the tragic fabrication of a saviour of the world

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
humanity has been around for 100,000 yrs,

its gullible to think that only in the past 2,000 yrs has God finally "decided" to deliver a message to mankind and manifest a "saviour" who finally died for us so late in the human timeline.

anyways, i see a distinct parallel in the Christian saviour of 2000 yrs ago,

and America masquerading as a world saviour to Americans most of which are Christians, likewise.

people are so functional, larval, CHILDISH in their thinking.

for once, grow up,,

yes it is strange that the saviour came 2000 years ago, but have you taken it into consideration that maybe humanity didn't need a saviour for the past 999,800 years ?

Besides it is also assumed that "The word of God" which is the bible, got handed to the prophets letter by letter, therefore there are countless of hidden findings within it... well to the prophets before Yashua of course.

Oh and yeh if you read the book of genesis it explains also that people lived back then for hundreds and hundreds of years until the annihilation of the great flood happened
edit on 9-5-2012 by Archon23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
which version?

with Abrahamic religion it seems "Apologetics" is the crux that hold up the Scriptures - that is, the various versions of God having conversations with select 'prophets".

thanks goodness for Buddha.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Archon23

I apologize that i don't understand whether you meant this sarcastic or not but how can you say that... simply because we do not understand something we chose to throw it away?

I think that in the last 1700 years MUCH has been established that debunks MUCH of the Bible, and that it therefore is out of date and too confusing to do any good at this point.

Yes, I was being sarcastic about calling the Dalai Lama (I lost his number), but not about it being time to revise the textbook used by the Abrahamic faiths. Every textbook gets updated or thrown out with time. If this book is supposed to be a learning guide, a current resource, it should be current. If we still went by medieval medicine, we'd be blood-letting, cupping, etc.

Progress. We need progress, not stubborn argumentative dogma.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

any of the early AD bibles ... as i mentioned earlier on this post, if this book was simply a bunch of jokes on paper, why does it play such an important role in history, and saying that simply because christians want to make the money blah blah doesn't satisfy the question...

if it was simply for the money why did some of the greatest minds of our history take so much time to study this mysterious book? and find countless of hidden secrets within...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by kingofmd

You forget that some of us were christians. For decades. Some of us know the bible better than most christians know it....

Show me a christian who can be truly objective in their search for the truth, and I'll show you someone who won't be a christian for long.

Impossible. I can say quite confidently that you and the others were never Christians. Now before many of your heads explode, and the "judge not" verse gets twisted and repeated, hear me out. In order to be a Christian, one has to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Did you? If the answer is yes, then why did you turn your back on Him? If the answer is no, you never knew Him, which means you were never a Christian. Either way, you've got some explaining to do. By the way, Satan knows the Bible better than most Christians, but this is not proof of his "Christianity".

One more poke at this foolishness... No one else notices the hypocrisy of persons denying the veracity of the Bible based on the accusation that it was "written by men who make mistakes", while simultaneously using refrences written by men to support their claims? Or better yet, use their own feelings, or presuppositions about a book they have only read bits and pieces from???

edit on 9-5-2012 by kingofmd because: spelling

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

yeh much had been established and your right no one can understand this any more, but have you thought about why it can't be simply understood?, it's because for a long time now, humanity had been constantly made believe since any one of us was born that what we see is what we get, we're born with an open mind, but today's way of life simply blocks all of this "Higher purpose" out of our it...

Updating the bible won't make any difference, when a professor tries to do research on an old topic he doesn't turn to the newest book, he starts from the core of the problem and tries to understand the original message rather than the simplified one under someone's opinion.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I have said this many times myself...
it doesn't really MATTER if he lived or not, if he died at the crucifixion or not, if he was a Buddhist master or not...
what matters is the LESSONS.

Of course it matters whether Jesus really lived, or not. If indeed he is a created historical figure, then none of his so-called covenants with humans on this planet are real. Salvation, as currently "achieved" by "believing on Jesus", is a sham. A person who claims to "feel" Jesus' presence is experiencing nothing more than a figment of his or her imagination. It is something that individuals obviously want so badly that it appears to actually manifest itself.

As far as the lessons go, as has already been stated several times in this thread, the bible writings were all based on much older religions and sacred writings. Those lessons on morality and other matters are certainly valuable, but have absolutely no bearing on christianity as it is expressed in modern society.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

One more poke at this foolishness... No one else notices the hypocrisy of persons denying the veracity of the Bible based on the accusation that it was "written by men who make mistakes", while simultaneously using refrences written by men to support their claims?

It's not hypocrisy to want some clarification. All we have is man-written stuff. Some of us want to know which are true and which are myth.

As for your "impossible" claim, I rebutt with: Possible. And furthermore, the Gospels say that we are to question authority, to seek for ourselves. If anything in the Gospels is true, that one is.

The answers are inside of ALL of us, every last one of us. It's within. That is the message attributed to Jesus. "ye are all gods."

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

You don't feel that this disqualifies you from having a purely objective dialogue?

No, I don't! Not in the slightest! How can it disqualify me if I say I've studied other things and that at this point I don't know what to believe?

Saying my previous studies in other religions "disqualifies" me is like saying that since I know Spanish and English I am disqualified from discussing immigration, or that because I have a Masters degree I'm not allowed to talk about high school curricula.

Your previous studies don't, but your statement I believe the pagan religions had just as much truth as the "Christians" do (if not more...way more)..... does.Not to sound patronizing, but stating that you believe (i.e. cannot prove) something contains "way more" truth than something else, pretty much screams of non-objectivity. I stand by my previous statement.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

when a professor tries to do research on an old topic he doesn't turn to the newest book, he starts from the core of the problem and tries to understand the original message rather than the simplified one under someone's opinion.

He also doesn't start with a mid-point book. My point is exactly that...we need to start with the oldest messages we can find (many of which have been discovered since the current version was "approved and decreed" by Constantine), state who the real authors were, what order the various books were written in, and apply the evidence we have now.

Then come up with a revised standard that does not have forgeries, hearsay, and weak explanations for things that were once considered "miracles". Call "charlatan!" on the liars, "hoax!" on the things that were fabricated, and "obsolete!" on the primitive misunderstandings. Get those parts removed, admit the facts of history -- that much bloodshed and agony is largely due to this "book" -- and move on.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Hi People,

Please can we keep it focussed on the topic and not eachother

Thanks.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

that's fair enough, and yeh you're right maybe it has to be re written in a more understandable manner, but as known lots of men tried to ... Isaac Newton even devoted his life to this thing you speak of... and still couldn't manage to completely understand this... and he was no doubt one of the brightest men that walked this earth...

I think the time is yet to come where someone actually truly can re-write this mysterious book, but until that time comes, we can only make assumptions i guess, and when that time comes, there will be no need to do so for the word of god will be revealed at the apocalypse

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Okay, stand by your previous statement. You're not aware of what I've discovered or why I believe what I do. The pagans way pre-date the Abrahamic faiths. The Abrahamic faiths, therefore, are founded in the same mythologies as those that predated them. This is well established.

Somewhere there is a kernel of reality that sprouted this suffocating vine. I'd like to get to the real roots, thanks.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Fair enough, also, Archon23. Thank you for the calm and thoughtful participation.

Sadly, I think much of the higher truth really is inaccessible to a pretty decent-sized chunk of folks for various reasons. I honestly don't think we WILL know until we get there....one reason not to fear death is that it is part of the journey, a step along the way, not THE END.
Namaste..

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd

In order to be a Christian, one has to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Did you?

Do you – really?

I can remember going to bed one snow Christmas Eve when I was very young and lying in bed trying very hard to hear the sound of sleigh bells – I tried and tried to hear that sound until I could hear it

Now my question is did I in fact hear Santa’s sleigh bells or did my subconscious provide me with some sound effects?

edit on 9-5-2012 by racasan because: sleigh - not slay lol

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

humanity has been around for 100,000 yrs, its gullible to think that only in the past 2,000 yrs has God finally "decided" to deliver a message to mankind and manifest a "saviour" who finally died for us so late in the human timeline.
anyways, i see a distinct parallel in the Christian saviour of 2000 yrs ago, and America masquerading as a world saviour to Americans most of which are Christians, likewise.
people are so functional, larval, CHILDISH in their thinking. for once, grow up,,
This (Jesusism) is "growing up". You have to consider what it was replacing, which was the attitude: 'everything good for us, and for everyone not us (the tribe), death or slavery'.
Jesus taught that every human being has worth, that all men are related to each other, and that we as a species are are related to God, and that we all have the opportunity for self improvement.
I believe that what has brought about the downfall of the Anglo/American/Israeli Empire is the return to the Late Bronze Age mentality that Jesus died to save us from, and it was not caused by an adherence to true Christianity. An anti-Christian form of zionism has been premeditatively infiltrated into American churches to promote this backwards thinking, to support a specific tribe and so are reversing the progress mankind has made so far. The "fake" Christ is the new one that is a tribalist and not the real, cosmopolitan promoter of universal humanity, named, Jesus.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Too bad. By the time you realize what Christianity really is it's probably too late. Unless you are young.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join