It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing the tragic fabrication of a saviour of the world

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: John 10:26-27

Here, we have proof that anyone who follows the Bible right down to the last letter is a sheeple. Especially if ALL of their arguments consist almost entirely of Bible quotes. It's like they are trained not to think for themselves, only to look to a 2,000 year old book for answers, even though it hasn't been updated with even the slightest scrap of science since its conception. And people still follow it blindly...which only proves that line of scripture.

Dang, I hate being right.

edit on CWednesdaypm181855f55America/Chicago09 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I think it depends on what this is. Is it someone watching you, as in judging you, where you are always imagining someone is looking over your shoulder who you need to somehow keep happy? If that is what it is, then I would say it is just part of your psychological makeup and may not be especially helpful and is really more of a barrier to God than a connection.

No. I'm not talking about the super-ego(internalized expectations of what an external person is imagined to be demanding).

Also, even weirder, would be personifying the internet (and I don't mean the people on it, but the automated computer driven part) and imagining that it actually cared what I was doing on it.

And no. I'm not talking about the genies and fairies who live in my computer.

But really, what should concern us most is just normal human interaction and not doing things we will regret later.

Yes. That's it! The Hidden Man is the internalized connection to all humanity, the Totem of all humanity. That's why he shouldn't be denied. It's the interaction with people that matters, and not the verbal declarations.

Matt 25:37 “Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry, and feed you; or thirsty, and give you a drink? 38 When did we see you as a stranger, and take you in; or naked, and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick, or in prison, and come to you?’

40 “The King will answer them, ‘Most certainly I tell you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

That's a pretty good moral story, even if the mythological/eschatological aspects are stripped away.

edit on 9-5-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

You can tell the character of a man by how he treats his perceived inferiors...

That's the message I got from the excerpt you posted.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Sounds to me like God's going to set everyone straight on the fact that the "Lord" (God) in the Old Testament and the "Lord" (Jesus) in the New Testament are one and the same and will be merged together once again when He comes to rule on the earth. So, God/Jesus will be LORD. No more separating the two.

There's nothing in Revelation 11:15 that mentions that the Lord and his Christ are THEY, but HE.

These meanings become an issue because there were many things called god back in them days. One was the Humans playing god, like Nimrod and all those before him. Egypt cloned Babylon's gods.

Then there is the god of Moses that is mixed up the Jethro's volcano linked magic from Midian.

Moses didn't speak very well and even his own followers didn't get his message and made the golden calf to get back to Babylon's games. Old ways die hard and even Moses Exodus folks didn't get the new thinking.

Moses has the terrain and natural systems used to win freedom from the Egyptians, and that was an association with god. Moses has the magic Ark that has a poison power like a volcanic release. And Moses has the Menorah that is supposed to be the upper meaning for what he was trying to get across to the peoples. And even with the Commandements they still didn't get it. Moses had communication skill issues and this is why he took along Jetro to Egypt.

It isn't surprising that folks these days still don't get it, when they didn't get it right from Moses way back then. They even finially ran off and left Moses in Midian and get back to the Israel terrories.

What Moses' monotheism was is the combined god exist under the common heading of the natural order and to understand that and a few other things in the core of the mind was to know god. The ultimate symbol for that innner self core ultimate light knowledge symbol for god was the Menorah.

Moses god and Jesus god were one in the same, and the spiritual god existed in the mind and understanding of each. Neither were god, but got resided within them via the mind's eye of the belief in monotheism's god. Neither could well explain god as there was no symbol possible to explain god. The Natural Order existed and could well be seen, but never fully explained. The understand some of those natuiral order concepts was to have god speaking to you knowledge of his ways. So, some of the ways or first symbols for god was the Mtn of Fire with Volcanic Rift effects, the Ark that made use of toxic powers discovered from volcanos, and the better symbolic one of the Flame or Minorah. It is hard to separate clearly as all the concepts overlap to an extent and only a thin line exists between the proper view and the improper.

So, in this theme there is no person or image that can be made for god, nor should one even attempt to do so. The best that could be done to explain god in those times was allusion. Jesus could never become god or be called god, but the understand for god was within him and Jesus knew how to teach the spirit for god.

And though Revelations doesn't explain that well enough either, so results the confisions on Jesus being god himself. Jesus never wanted to be god, but he wanted heaven upon the earth and there resided god from the unified understanding in everyone's minds of what god was and was not.

Thus, Revelations and the Rapture get down to just the issue of Jesus, The Man, and god existed in the pious spiritual knowledge of Jesus' mind that he hoped to teach and show to others. Jesus was big time into the natural ways to heal people, the natural ways for nutrition to stay well, and doing battled against the issues of the Pharisee and Sadducee that also didn't conform to the pious teachings of what god was about.

Since these issues were that hard to separate in wording, too many people assumed Jesus was god, but Jesus was no more god than Moses. Moses and Jesus shared their god concepts and that concept of He/The Father resided in both them.

edit on 9-5-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Too many complex concepts of god

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

You can tell the character of a man by how he treats his perceived inferiors...

What perceived inferiors? They're people who can use a bit of help. I've been helped.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

You obviously have only read one or two layers into the story. I'm not going to deliver the wisdom of such tales on a silver platter.

Learn to see for yourself.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The books of the new testament were all written at least 100-200 years after the time that the events supposedly happened.

If we tried to write about things that took place from 1800-1900, we'd probably get many of the facts wrong and/or mixed up, even in the modern age.

The Bible is a loose collection of myths, legends, and morality based stories, never meant to be taken literally. The fact that many of the locations mentioned in The Bible have been found doesn't lend creedence to the idea that the events were real.

After all, most modern fiction takes place in easily recognizable locations.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: John 10:26-27

Here, we have proof that anyone who follows the Bible right down to the last letter is a sheeple. Especially if ALL of their arguments consist almost entirely of Bible quotes. It's like they are trained not to think for themselves, only to look to a 2,000 year old book for answers, even though it hasn't been updated with even the slightest scrap of science since its conception. And people still follow it blindly...which only proves that line of scripture.

Dang, I hate being right.

edit on CWednesdaypm181855f55America/Chicago09 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Obviously, you're not familiar with the Holy Spirit either.

Sorry, no "scrap of science" or "updated book" can help you with that one.

A relationship with God takes more than what any man can teach you, even with the Bible.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

Since they were that hard to separate in wording, too many people assumed Jesus was god, but Jesus was no more god than Moses. Moses and Jesus shared their god concepts and that concept of He resided in both them.

Really? Is that why God gave power to Jesus to raise himself from the dead and the authority to judge all men on the earth?

John 10:18

18) No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Matthew 28:18

18) And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Matthew 5:21-23

21) For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

22) For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

23) That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

So, you still believe that Jesus is no more God than Moses? I don't remember God ever giving Moses the authority or power to do that which Jesus was given.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

You obviously have only read one or two layers into the story.

I thought that the layer of the story that concerned the fact that many people in the audience considered themselves superior to other people was too obvious to need mentioning. My mistake. Sorry.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by racasan

What can't speak can't lie as the Brits say

Isis and Horus or is it Mary and Jesus

Why just them?

Could be any mother and child, could it not?

The fact that there is a depiction of a mother and child from ancient mythology does NOT equate Isis and Horus and Mary and Jesus as being the same thing.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Isn't the real tragedy of the highjacked Jesus theme those that insist to make him god, when if they returned to reality and agreed on Jesus, The Man, they'd come very close to making world peace. Not to mention open the door for Jesus' return without making more wars for the profits of the churches inventments.

Can one expect that sort of soul searching to read beyond the one little book that limits knowledge?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Isn't the real tragedy of the highjacked Jesus theme those that insist to make him god, when if they returned to reality and agreed on Jesus, The Man, they'd come very close to making world peace.

Have you met God? When I met God, he looked like a person.
I think Jesus was God, not someone just taking the appearance of a person, but God as a person, in this particular instance actually being a man. What difference is there between: 1.God showing up and having a conversation or something with you, seemingly for a moment to be an ordinary person; and 2. actually being a person?
Is the problem a matter of time? If so, how did He have the time to show up in the first example?
I would say that God cared enough about us to show up as a person, being something well within His capabilities.
Do you have a limit to what God can do?
I have a different way of looking at the god and man relationship where I don't see all that much difference between us, and mostly having to do with how ordinarily God does not grow old and die. I see a similarity, and in Genesis it describes it as making Man in His image. God cares about us because we are similar to Him but we are a particular form which is bonded to the earth that we live in. This is something that is advantageous as a way to best experience the universe, that is, if we lived in a perfect world. We don't, and we need to get a spirit infusion from this particular God entity who came to earth to insure that we knew about such a thing and to get it. This will eventually save the world and things will be made right to where being the sort of beings we are will be a good thing again.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Have you met God? When I met God, he looked like a person.

You met God? Do tell me more. And...prove that it wasn't a delusion on your part. These things do happen in our heads. I should know, my friends have suffered such experiences under influence of '___'.

edit on CWednesdaypm131353f53America/Chicago09 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I never had someone come up and say, "Hi, I'm God". I met people who when I thought about it, realized it had to be God, mainly by doing things only God could do. I don't think anyone would want to ever find themselves in the sort of situation where God has to intervene in that sort of way.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Explain what you mean when you say "doing things only God could do."

They could have been angels, or any number of extraterrestrial beings that we have not been told exist, and have access to powers beyond imagination.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

As is clear here, googling isn't exactly scholarly work when you misinterprete what you post as evidence when the wording is clear.
They have another word for that which you seek. You must have heard someone else talk of Yashyah being a nazirite and it confused you and you are attempting to place something where it does not belong

from your source, wiki
en.wikipedia.org...

In the Hebrew Bible, a nazirite or nazarite, (in Hebrew: נזיר, nazir), refers to one who voluntarily took a vow described in Numbers 6:1–21. The term "nazirite" comes from the Hebrew word nazir meaning "consecrated" or "separated".[1] This vow required the man or woman to:
Abstain from wine, wine vinegar, grapes, raisins, intoxicating liquors[2] and vinegar distilled from such.[3] and refrain from eating or drinking any substance that contains any trace of grapes[4]
Refrain from cutting the hair on one's head; but to allow the locks of the head's hair to grow.[5]
Not to become impure by corpses or graves, even those of family members[6]

After following these requirements for a designated period of time (which would be specified in the individual's vow), the person would immerse in a mikveh and make three offerings, a lamb as a burnt offering (olah), a ewe as a sin-offering (hatat), and a ram as a peace offering (shelamim), in addition to a basket of unleavened bread, grain offerings and drink offerings, which accompanied the peace offering. They would also shave their head in the outer courtyard of the Temple and then place the hair on the same fire as the peace offering. (Numbers 6:18)

The nazirite is described as being "holy unto YHWH" (Numbers 6:8), yet at the same time must bring a sin offering. This has led to divergent approaches to the nazirite in the Talmud, and later authorities, with some viewing the Nazirite as an ideal, and others viewing him as a sinner.

In Modern Hebrew the word "nazir" is commonly used for monks, both Christian and Buddhist - this meaning having largely displaced the original Biblical meaning.

Yes, He was from Nazareth and yes he was a Nazirite. Nazirith most likely got it's name from those that practiced as nazirites as the centuries went on. But there is a difference from being a Nazarean and being a Nazirite. Sampson was a Nazirite for instance.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
I'm beginning to doubt that he existed at all.

what DOESN't matter (uless you want to squabble with Christians forever) .. is if he existed or not.

doesn't matter... in order to glean wisdom.

there are DEEP seeded metaphoric riddles within christian literature.. scriptures contain the actual methods as to how to attain the physical god body.. super powers.. and create utopia...

but all of that important info is completely hidden from most christians because of only their pride and rejection of the 'hidden' (occult) aspects of mysticism...

that and the fact that atheists fight with them night and day about the most ridiculous element... whether it's literal or not.. which.. doesn't even matter lol... it's a story with hidden riches in it only for those with eyes to see..

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

I owe you a public apology. In this post: www.abovetopsecret.com... I wrote:

So far you haven't even tried to prove or offer evidence of anything, except you are scarier than we are.

I was wrong. In your first post, you demonstrated good familiarity with the theories under discussion. I had even looked up Appolonius of Tyana, due to your mention of him, and even saw many similarities between him and Mani, the founder of Manichaeism. Both of these individuals and the rapid spread of their ideas, and/or movements do count as supporting evidence for an actual Jesus living previous to those two individuals.

So, I'm sorry. I should have double-checked before issuing such an accusation. I was thinking of some one else and got confused.

edit on 9-5-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Originally posted by racasan

What can't speak can't lie as the Brits say

Isis and Horus or is it Mary and Jesus

Why just them?

Could be any mother and child, could it not?

The fact that there is a depiction of a mother and child from ancient mythology does NOT equate Isis and Horus and Mary and Jesus as being the same thing.

Oh sure – well except that they are both depictions of holy mothers and children that are worshiped and venerated by sun cults

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join