page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoSoup4U
reply to post by jjf3rd77

SPENDING:
Cuts $1 trillion in spending during the first year of Ron Paul’s presidency, eliminating five cabinet departments (Energy, HUD, Commerce, Interior, and Education), abolishing the Transportation Security Administration and returning responsibility for security to private property owners, abolishing corporate subsidies, stopping foreign aid, ending foreign wars, and returning most other spending to 2006 levels.

ENTITLEMENTS:
Honors our promise to our seniors and veterans, while allowing young workers to opt out. Block grants Medicaid and other welfare programs to allow States the flexibility and ingenuity they need to solve their own unique problems without harming those currently relying on the programs.

CUTTING GOVERNMENT WASTE:
Makes a 10% reduction in the federal workforce, slashes Congressional pay and perks, and curbs excessive federal travel. To stand with the American People, President Paul will take a salary of $39,336, approximately equal to the median personal income of the American worker.

TAXES:
Lowers the corporate tax rate to 15%, making America competitive in the global market. Allows American companies to repatriate capital without additional taxation, spurring trillions in new investment. Extends all Bush tax cuts. Abolishes the Death Tax. Ends taxes on personal savings, allowing families to build a nest egg.

REGULATION:
Repeals ObamaCare, Dodd-Frank, and Sarbanes-Oxley. Mandates REINS-style requirements for thorough congressional review and authorization before implementing any new regulations issued by bureaucrats. President Paul will also cancel all onerous regulations previously issued by Executive Order.

MONETARY POLICY:
Conducts a full audit of the Federal Reserve and implements competing currency legislation to
strengthen the dollar and stabilize inflation.

www.ronpaul2012.com...

Yeah more Ron Paul propaganda! Sure you can vote for him for running on all this stuff, but as you know most President's sway from their plans and don't get much accomplished in the meantime because of unforeseen events. Like bush with the 9/11 an wars and Obama's division of Congress so there ya go. Ron Paul will be no different. There is nothing to indicate that Ron Paul will not do the same in extreme circumstances. Ron Paul is dangerous because he already is extreme...
edit on 8-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Ron Paul will be no different. There is nothing to indicate that Ron Paul will not do the same in extreme circumstances. Ron Paul is dangerous because he already is extreme...

Great, now we know where you stand. Could have saved everyone here all the trouble and just made the above your OP. You do not care about legitimate answers to any legitimate questions.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Ah, but how willing is the government going to be to let go of the Fed?

That's the question. If the corporations don't want it, then the government will cater to them. After all, the corporations make most of the taxes that go to the government. They have a LOT of say in the political process...not that anyone would ever admit it, or be able to prove it.

It should not be that way, should be the people DEMANDING that their monetary policy be controlled by them and not corporations or private banks, but that's a different thread entirely.

~Tenth

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

It should not be that way, should be the people DEMANDING that their monetary policy be controlled by them and not corporations or private banks, but that's a different thread entirely.

~Tenth

And how exactly will that work?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Great, now we know where you stand. Could have saved everyone here all the trouble and just made the above your OP. You do not care about legitimate answers to any legitimate questions.

The question has been the same, nobody has giving me a good response that is not just Ron Paul's plan. I want to know how he plans to get it all done, even you all admit that he will not be able to do everything, so therefore it's kinda pointless huh?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Ok, let's take one last approach. Why don't you ask specifically what part of what Ron Paul policy you would like to know HOW he would implement? I've answered a couple of those like auditing the FED and bringing troops home (which is part of his economic plan as well). Both could be done, very realistically right from the start. These don't count as real answers, or whatever you are looking for though for some reason.

Most of us are also aware that many of his ideas would need to be passed through congress. Perhaps you could be more clear? Again, I don't claim to have all the answers, but you don't seem to know specifically what you are looking for in an answer either.
edit on 8-5-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

~Tenth

It's called citizens in action. It's called education your fellow Americans, writting letters, starting political action campaigns.

It requires you get involved. That hundreds of thousands of people get involved. It's not supposed to be easy, a revolution never is.

But you will always be surfs to the bankers and your gov until you have control of your own finances.

~Tenth

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

The question has been the same, nobody has giving me a good response that is not just Ron Paul's plan. I want to know how he plans to get it all done, even you all admit that he will not be able to do everything, so therefore it's kinda pointless huh?

No, okay JJ, I will take the time to tell you this.

How is Ron Paul going to "fix" our country? How are his policies going to work?

The thing this, this question isn't as straight forward as you might think. You can wrap up the answer in a single sentence if you "get" the idea, or you could write a book on it (or hundreds of them) and not understand it.

The "idea" is freedom and it's responsibilities.

To Paul supporters, Ron Paul has already won and he continues to win. When a person supports Ron Paul, it gives them one thing in return: an idea of the future, a good one. This idea takes hold and "awakens" one of the fear of what is very obviously going to happen to us in the near future; the immediate reaction to that fear is "DO SOMETHING NOW!", that something is supporting Ron Paul.

Through supporting Paul, he is like our generations old grand pa that takes us aside when mom and dad are drunk and fighting and gives us advice and a place to go so we can listen to his stories and get away from our reality for a while. Paul is doing something that strikes straight to the heart, all the sudden people start looking around them and doing things. Participating in this election, philanthropy, smiling and being kind to others, living a beautiful, free and righteous life. UNITING FOR A CAUSE!

Whens the last time you saw something like this happen here... in America?

Paul may or may not win the nomination or the election, but he "wins" everyday. Everyday people are becoming pro-active and fighting for our rights and theirs. Everyday people are learning, watching how the world works, how to influence it in real terms. Already Paul backers control some state GOP conventions, already the process has begun and the idea has taken hold. The brushfires of freedom in the hearts and minds of men are lit.

That is the r3volution.

The thing is, if this progressive vision of freedom and liberty catches on fast enough... he still has a chance to win the nomination yet. People say "they won't let him win", people don't yet understand it is really in our power to put him there or not.

His policies are: affecting America in such a way that the next generation has the tools, knowledge and motivation to achieve liberty. Fixing the economy and our foreign policies would automatically fall in line.

OR

We can try hard enough and make real change now. It's not about what is and isn't possible or feasible, it's about our personal ability to work together in order to change it.

It's working in the long term, but it depends largely on you and me if we want another puppet POTUS... do you?

That's the best answer I can really give you. As far as his plan to cut spending or how, exactly, ending the fed is going to help you or me I don't know. I didn't go to school for economics, but I can tell that whatever they are doing now isn't working.
edit on 8-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Ok, let's take one last approach. Why don't you ask specifically what part of what Ron Paul policy you would like to know HOW he would implement? I've answered a couple of those like auditing the FED and bringing troops home (which is part of his economic plan as well). Both could be done, very realistically right from the start. These don't count as real answers, or whatever you are looking for though for some reason.

Most of us are also aware that many of his ideas would need to be passed through congress. Perhaps you could be more clear? Again, I don't claim to have all the answers, but you don't seem to know specifically what you are looking for in an answer either.
edit on 8-5-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

I don't know how I could be more clear as I've asked the same question for more than two pages now. How can one man effectively change the system which is corrupt? How can his policies overshadow the other ones without being more corrupt? How can he implement and maintain all of his policies and in effective "change the system"??? HOW?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Participating in this election, philanthropy, smiling and being kind to others, living a beautiful, free and righteous life. UNITING FOR A CAUSE!

Whens the last time you saw something like this happen here... in America?

Paul may or may not win the nomination or the election, but he "wins" everyday. Everyday people are becoming pro-active and fighting for our rights and theirs. Everyday people are learning, watching how the world works, how to influence it in real terms. Already Paul backers control some state GOP conventions, already the process has begun and the idea has taken hold. The brushfires of freedom in the hearts and minds of men are lit.

That is the r3volution.

You answered what his revolution is quite well and what his supporters hope to happen, and their ideal world. This I know all too well. But you are basing that on the assumption that Ron Paul wins, and when Ron Paul wins, everything will be AOK! Obama won last time based on a very similar assumption and look what happened there? I am just not comfortable with Ron Paul's empty promises and do nothing policies. Plus with utopia promises, everyone will be disappointed when they don't follow through, which is bound to happen.

People unite for different causes all the time here in America. OWS, Tea Party, Animal Rights, Women's Rights, Civil Rights, Protests against various gov't laws... Not everyone follows Ron Paul's ideology otherwise he would actually be the front runner!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You answered what his revolution is quite well and what his supporters hope to happen, and their ideal world. This I know all too well. But you are basing that on the assumption that Ron Paul wins, and when Ron Paul wins, everything will be AOK! Obama won last time based on a very similar assumption and look what happened there? I am just not comfortable with Ron Paul's empty promises and do nothing policies.

I never thought the world would magically turn to happy land if Ron Paul wins, I don't hear too many people saying that either so sorry if it seems like that. Would be a lot better than Obama or Romney though.

People unite for different causes all the time here in America. OWS, Tea Party, Animal Rights, Women's Rights, Civil Rights, Protests against various gov't laws... Not everyone follows Ron Paul's ideology otherwise he would actually be the front runner!

I don't think any of those others had the sheer umph or legitimate intent to really get anything done. Plus the ideology of those was a bit specific except in OWS' case, and OWS didn't have the organization or legitimacy.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I never thought the world would magically turn to happy land if Ron Paul wins, I don't hear too many people saying that either so sorry if it seems like that. Would be a lot better than Obama or Romney though.

But that's your opinion, not mine. You always say I have the right to vote for who I want, but then people freak out whenever I question Ron Paul and his policies... They don't understand how I can vote for anyone else!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

But that's your opinion, not mine. You always say I have the right to vote for who I want, but then people freak out whenever I question Ron Paul and his policies... They don't understand how I can vote for anyone else!

I just don't understand because of the sheer negative value of voting for or supporting Romney or Obama; we already know what they'll stand for.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I don't think any of those others had the sheer umph or legitimate intent to really get anything done. Plus the ideology of those was a bit specific except in OWS' case, and OWS didn't have the organization or legitimacy.

That's only because you weren't apart of them, or if you were you weren't as fanatical as you are about this movement. It's all subjective. The OWS people think they are right, the Tea Party think they are right, you think you are right. In reality the Tea Party has been the most successful out of modern day protests/movements. The Tea Party has driven Obama to be a do nothing centrist Democrat. and apparently controls all of the GOP, except for when they cannot elect a member of their own as President. The Tea Party was much more vocal than the Libertarian movement ever was even today, it's still going strong and has about the same support maybe a bit more than the Ron Paul people. Some even belong to both, I wouldn't be surprised. You just don't hear about it in the media either... There are movements happening all over this country who feel that they know what is right for this country.

I frankly don't care about movements like yours or the tea party or OWS. It's great that people are effectively changing government to try and implement their own ideas and ways of living, but the system as a whole will never drastically change to the ideal state you want it to. Perhaps this is why I am hated on this site. I don't really get the point of protests I do not follow any movements. I do not "fight the system." I live in the system and do my best to live my life, be happy, be with my family and friends, and do a good job and be a helping hand to others... If this makes me a shill, a troll, and insider. Then sobeit!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Okay, then why are you here even talking about it?

There is really nothing for us to talk about then. You ask a question on the internet and then say "Well... # it I don't really care anyways"? Obviously you don't have a problem in the world, so
to you. Be happy and be well.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

~Tenth

It's called citizens in action. It's called education your fellow Americans, writting letters, starting political action campaigns.

It requires you get involved. That hundreds of thousands of people get involved. It's not supposed to be easy, a revolution never is.

But you will always be surfs to the bankers and your gov until you have control of your own finances.

~Tenth

Let me clarify. How will we control our money without government oversight protecting us from cronnie crooks in corporations?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I want to know the mindset of Paul supporters and the like that's why I was questioning OWS when it came around, and the tea party as well. But I wasn't active on this site back then for the tea party. I am interested if they really know what they are talking about and if they actually have thought about what their ideas will mean, not just the sugar coated promises. The ideas and the plans are great but after getting trained in project management, I know you need something more than that. You need support not only from the people but also those in power as well. Ron Paul a loner cannot effectively get anything done. Even if the people elected him themselves, Congress will be totally against him and will probably be looking for ways to impeach him at every chance. Also true with the media.I have never pictured Ron Paul as President in my mind.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Interestingly, the Tea Party movement wasn't even started by Palin etc, it was started by Ron Paul supporters, with those principles. Then it was hijacked.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I want to know the mindset of Paul supporters and the like that's why I was questioning OWS when it came around, and the tea party as well. But I wasn't active on this site back then for the tea party. I am interested if they really know what they are talking about and if they actually have thought about what their ideas will mean, not just the sugar coated promises. The ideas and the plans are great but after getting trained in project management, I know you need something more than that. You need support not only from the people but also those in power as well. Ron Paul a loner cannot effectively get anything done. Even if the people elected him themselves, Congress will be totally against him and will probably be looking for ways to impeach him at every chance. Also true with the media.I have never pictured Ron Paul as President in my mind.

Ah, I see you are just the "observer" here to get information? For your personal knowledge I presume?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

The way you have Composed your Post here Speaks Volumes about Yourself ............Right Honorable Ron Paul Supporters would Know where you are coming from by Posting this in a Heartbeat . FREEDOM EQUALS SLAVERY , are We Maybe Somewhat Confused here ? Truely Know the MAN First , then let your Pissing Contest Begin Against this Rightous Man if you Dare Kind Sir............
edit on 8-5-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join