It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to Ron Paul Supporters:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by Walternate
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Civil liberties over protected?
So we have to much freedom?

No sometimes government is too big!

a guard dog is not effective when it is starved to death. representative government was created to protect regular people from the ravages of the wealthy. you will not protect people's rights by having LESS government, you protect peoples rights by having less monied influence over government.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

and what would you like to be in place of our system??? Because it's pretty good the way it is right now. I like the freedoms I enjoy. What else could you possibly ask for?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't want to act like a Ron Paul fan

that's not my idea of freedom....

I feel like I could get shot for disagreeing with the man (based on his fans)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
you will not protect people's rights by having LESS government, you protect peoples rights by having less monied influence over government.

And the only way I see that happening is by making more laws and so in effect more government!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Wookiep

and what would you like to be in place of our system??? Because it's pretty good the way it is right now. I like the freedoms I enjoy. What else could you possibly ask for?

You like the fact that lobbyists and big corperations are the ones actually passing laws and regulations etc, and those people take precedence over what the people of this nation want? You like the fact that those corperations manipulate the FED into bailing them out at your expense? Do you enjoy the fact that they get to dictate when and who we go to war with because it's for their interests and not in the interests of the American people? You actually enjoy the TSA and all these bills that are passed taking away your liberties in the name of "safety"? I could go on and on..do these things give you a warm and fuzzy feeling? Really?
edit on 8-5-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

reply to post by Wookiep

You like the fact that lobbyists and big corperations are the ones actually passing laws and regulations etc, and those people take precedence over what the people of this nation want? You like the fact that those corperations manipulate the FED into bailing them out at your expense? Do you enjoy the fact that they get to dictate when and who we go to war with because it's for their interests and not in the interests of the American people? You actually enjoy the TSA and all these bills that are passed taking away your liberties in the name of "safety"? I could go on and on..do these things give you a warm and fuzzy feeling? Really?

But you haven't answered my question. What do you want in place of what we've got? No, I've never said I like those things, but in general it works. Somethings can change, but that's what we have elections for, not totalitarian regimes!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I would like to see the Republic restored. Remember America? That's what I want. I shouldn't have to look this up for you, go take some history lessons.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I would like to see the Republic restored. Remember America? That's what I want. I shouldn't have to look this up for you, go take some history lessons.

Restore to what? I like my America...What do you want it restored as??? Give it to me in detail. You want to revert back to the 1700s or something??I'm just trying to understand you here. Stop giving me talking points and go into detail

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Restore to what? I like my America...What do you want it restored as??? Give it to me in detail. You want to revert back to the 1700s or something??I'm just trying to understand you here. Stop giving me talking points and go into detail

It seems things are only "talking points" when you don't like, or agree with the answers you get. You should be fully aware, by now, the types of "details" involved with the policies of Dr. Ron Paul. The problem is, you either disagree, or you refuse to understand. That is on you, no-one else. It's OK to dis-agree, you don't have to like Ron Paul's policies, but there's no sense in beating a dead horse as you keep doing.

If you truly don't know the details, then start here, when you're done looking that over, then go to the "issues" tab and read every one of them individually. If you don't like those, then you're bound to disagree forever, that's OK. Go vote your conscience, if Romney does it for you, fantastic.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA

You again? You complain about Ron Paul everyday now.

How much are they paying you and why do you hate freedom?

I don't like Ron Paul's idea of freedom. It's not really freedom if I am forced to do what he says even if I don't agree with it.

Wow are you delusional. Dr. Paul doesn't want to tell you what to do, he wants to give you more say in what you do.

It's the Romneys and Obamas that wish to make you do things or not do things.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

If you truly don't know the details, then start here, when you're done looking that over, then go to the "issues" tab and read every one of them individually. If you don't like those, then you're bound to disagree forever, that's OK. Go vote your conscience, if Romney does it for you, fantastic.

hahahahaha
Pointing to his website is the very definition of talking points! and it does not answer my question. You are avoiding the question like a scared little boy. What do you want in place of what we have now? What type of system are you fighting to get implemented? I want details; in your own words!
edit on 8-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330

Wow are you delusional. Dr. Paul doesn't want to tell you what to do, he wants to give you more say in what you do.

It's the Romneys and Obamas that wish to make you do things or not do things.

Yeah, he's telling me certain government programs are bad when I know for a fact that we need some of them....

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I am one of those people who believes, quite logically, that actions speak many times louder than words. All Ron Paul has done is talk, talk, talk. He hasn't had the chance to prove himself, and that's what I'm focusing on. No man who walks onto the battlefield without proving himself will ever be supported, unless he talks a good game to a bunch of people trained not to think for themselves.

Unfortunately, that's all we need. Quite frankly, it's about time someone like him took the stage. All he's shown so far is the ability to listen to the people, discern the most pressing of issues, and then agree with the people. That's all we want. He agrees with us, we're satisfied.

And then we vote him into office...and at the end of the day, after he's been sworn in and he has the building to himself and his guards, he'll sit in the chair, lean back...and take the mask off. Because its purpose has been served.

He's a politician. He is playing a game that, by its very nature, requires dirty tactics. If he plays the game with a clean hand, he will eventually by shoved overboard by a more aggressive political player. You don't win this game by being nice and honorable. You win by having money and ambition. And ambition knows very, very few morals.

The end justifies the means...even if the means is blackmail, treason, or murder.
edit on CTuesdaypm515119f19America/Chicago08 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Ron Paul has been a Representative in the House for over twenty years, and in that time he has legislated those things that he has always said he would. Just about the only thing he can do as President that he can't at least influence in the Legislature is withdrawal of soldiers already spread across the globe.

Not to mention, twenty or thirty years seems like a long time to be preaching something, just to not actually hold those values and beliefs.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

So wanting change wont cut it, you would rather just drive off the cliff with the current guy or the other guy that is just like him but is white? That still doesnt make since at all. You have 2 choices here, its like one of those books where you get to pick and it changes the ending, pick "them" and its certain to get worse and end bad, or pick the other and have a chance to start the path to recovery.

Its ok though, I see your one of those that would not pick RP even if it meant an instant I WIN strictly because your ego and pride are in the way and its clouded your judgement. Sad thing is guys like you will drag the rest of the country with you when you pick the Republican they chose for you instead of who we need. Its worked great up till this point....not

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkinin

You're missing the fact that it is extremely difficult to perform the type of overhaul necessary for this country to get back on the right track, in just four years.

Has he outlined a detailed plan of how exactly four years will allow him to sufficiently change this nation?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

hahahahaha
Pointing to his website is the very definition of talking points! and it does not answer my question. You are avoiding the question like a scared little boy. What do you want in place of what we have now? What type of system are you fighting to get implemented? I want details; in your own words!

Wow, if I didn't know any better, just based on that post alone I would guess you are about 10 years old. I see you are totally clueless after witnessing many posts by you over and over every day about your love for "the way things are" and your complete ignorance to the reality surrounding you. The sad part is, you choose to be ignorant to the issues, even when it's staring you right in the face. People aren't rude to you for your views, it's exaclty opposite because you're immature and egg people on.

I have already pointed out to you pretty clearly, many examples of what types of corruption exists in our current system, so is it so hard for you to imagine a system without said corruption that you seem to be totally happy with? I'm not going to write a book for you, it's pretty common sense stuff that you refuse to grasp day in, day out.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I have already pointed out to you pretty clearly, many examples of what types of corruption exists in our current system, so is it so hard for you to imagine a system without said corruption that you seem to be totally happy with? I'm not going to write a book for you, it's pretty common sense stuff that you refuse to grasp day in, day out.

These are what is considered talking points. You have pointed out corruption, but alas that was not the question asked to you. I asked how do you propose to set up, implement, and maintain such a system without corruption or the federal government? What type of system will take its place?

I sincerely believe you cannot answer this question in your own words without pointing to websites, videos, or going into an off topic insult/rant!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

REALLY ? REAAAAALLYYYYY ?

How about a closed door meeting with all " Law Makers" and President Paul.
The president offers the law makers 3 options.
1. pass my bills with no add-ons or changes.
2. your personal resignation.
3. or I can expose you and the beneficiarys of your real support and financing to the American public.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by Darkinin

Has he outlined a detailed plan of how exactly four years will allow him to sufficiently change this nation?

No that's why they cannot answer the question!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join