A question to Ron Paul Supporters:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I keep hearing this ridiculous claim over and over and over again that policies enacted by Ron Paul if he were ever nominated President and if they ever passed through Congress, two big IFS. Then The world will be a peaceful place and a utopia. No More wars will be fought and no longer will corporations be evil or work just for Profit. How can this possibly become reality??

I would like to know how Ron Paul will stop "evil corporatism from taking over america". As some say. When his policies are genuinely pro-corporatism and will lead to eradication of all liberal government oversight policies which protect civil liberties as long as they are not over-protected which sometimes they are--Which is what I hate about government policies. I know why we need government oversight, do you?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Oh! Oh! I know this one! Pick me!

...*ahem* The answer is...HE CAN'T. If he opposes the corporate agenda, he opposes the plans that bring in money to keep the government afloat. He is opposing the menu that feeds our leaders.

And when that happens, politicians are generally removed or shoved aside.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Civil liberties over protected?
So we have to much freedom?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walternate

Civil liberties over protected?
So we have to much freedom?

No sometimes government is too big!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
There is no possible way he can get everything going all at once. It will take time. He will be the catalyst for everything to follow. It will be long after he is out of office before everything can be implemented. But it has to start somewhere. Why not let it begin with him.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
There is no possible way he can get everything going all at once. It will take time. He will be the catalyst for everything to follow. It will be long after he is out of office before everything can be implemented. But it has to start somewhere. Why not let it begin with him.

Because as sensationally claimed before by a poster above you, it will never happen! What exactly is this everything you are talking about. All of his plans are going to happen even after he is gone? He's not in there now, and none of his plans have ever passed, what makes you think he will be able to stop corporatism If he gets there somehow without the corporations?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Ron Paul is a movement of the people. The power of the people will get things changed. If not now then never. The bought off corporate thugs and the criminal cartel which call themselves our government will know their den of criminality is over. With all the odds against him and the way his campaign has been ignored. We are still over coming and winning. The only thing they have left is their Soros owned rigged voting machines. How will he change things he already has. Its called from the bottom up and grass roots activism. It is on fire all over the country.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Ron Paul plays the same game every other hated politician does, he just hasn't been caught at it yet. And I'd hope, in the many years we've been playing this game, some politician might finally know what the people want to hear. What you fail to realize is that we what want and what the government/corporates want are two very different things. And guess who's funding the campaign? Not us.

Just because someone can sprout flowers from their posterior and hand out promises like it's candy, does not mean they will stand by their word. Everything changes once you're in office and those corporations and sponsor come clamoring for you to return the favor, after they funded your election.

Because believe me, if they want to, those corporations can take that power away just as fast as it was given. The government will turn against itself, biting the hand that serves the people, as long as that money flow keeps coming.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

ron paul has been voting his record from day one

the devil you KNOW:
5,000,000,000,000.00 in the hole
45,000,000 on food stamps in 2011

and free medical and dental for illegals who are leaving anyway because the country is now that effed up
edit on 7-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by Propulsion

Because as sensationally claimed before by a poster above you, it will never happen! What exactly is this everything you are talking about. All of his plans are going to happen even after he is gone? He's not in there now, and none of his plans have ever passed, what makes you think he will be able to stop corporatism If he gets there somehow without the corporations?
It’s called having faith. I have been around for a good 44 years now, and I have watched this great country go straight to hell in a hand basket with people promising me this, that, and everything else. RP is not perfect, but I will take him over the rest hand down. Nothing good in life comes easy, and anything worth having takes hard work and dedication. I don’t think it’s so much about RP, as it is for all his supporters who are willing to step forward and make the change happen with him. He can’t do it alone, but there are many who are willing to help. I will certainly be one of them.
edit on 7-5-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Ideally, any president with a "mandate" from the voters can get more done than one without. However, we aren't living in an ideal situation. Ron Paul, if appointed... er... elected president will find himself on the wrong end of a bullet if he doesn't watch his P's and Q's. Or worse, they'll discredit him falsely in front of the whole nation.

I like Ron Paul's platform, but unless the people of this country stand behind him 100%, now and after, congress won't care what he's promised to the people. The status quo will remain what it is.
edit on 5/7/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

link   

He can't so....then he will become kind of the untouchable whistle blower of sorts.
If something is wrong, he addresses it in the public eye.
Something will have to be done about addressed problems to quell the publics anger.
If he is suicided, then we look deeper into the rabbit hole.
Think about it, Kennedy theorists hold on to the idea that something more than the OS was afoot.
It would be much MUCH BIGGER if something happened to Pres. Paul.

link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
I keep hearing this ridiculous claim over and over and over again that policies enacted by Ron Paul if he were ever nominated President and if they ever passed through Congress, two big IFS. Then The world will be a peaceful place and a utopia. No More wars will be fought and no longer will corporations be evil or work just for Profit. How can this possibly become reality??

I would like to know how Ron Paul will stop "evil corporatism from taking over america". As some say. When his policies are genuinely pro-corporatism and will lead to eradication of all liberal government oversight policies which protect civil liberties as long as they are not over-protected which sometimes they are--Which is what I hate about government policies. I know why we need government oversight, do you?

No one ever said that no more wars will be fought, what Ron Paul is trying to explain is that if our national security is threatened we must declare war, define what the mission is, go in, win and get out. No more preemptive undeclared wars is what he is saying. Budding into other nations business is not making us safe, it creates more enemies. If we attack a building kill one bad guy and two innocent people, the family of these two people are now our enemy.

The only reason corporations are able to be so “evil” is because they send lobbyists to Washington and buy politicians, and that’s how they get contracts, bailouts, in some cases they change laws to benefit the corporations. In free market society the government has no influence, therefore there is nothing they can sell to the corporations. So if we get rid of this huge problem in DC, corporations will have to compete for business. And free market regulates with a demand supply system.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
He wants to decentralize the government
Centralization is what allows all of this corporate control in the first place, ergo, separating it would make it that much harder for corps to infiltrate and lobby.

End the fed, also. Is the top priority of humanity because that entails the world bank,bis, and imf.
edit on 7/5/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I still am so confused why any thinking voting age American is debating
between Romney, Obama, and Paul........These guys are running for the executive office....not legislative or judicial.
go ahead and vote the party of your choice for Congress. But clearly Ron Paul is the best choice for head of the executive branch. There can't be any intellectual debate about it. Everything you believe in as an individual he promotes you having that choice. If you are against abortion than vote to make it illegal in your state. If you are for abortion or pro-choice than vote for it in your state......you don't like the results....MOVE!.....but to let the Federal government decide for everyone is foolish. Stop being so willing to give up your voice and your choice. Give power back to the States that were intended to be theirs in the first place. It is much easier to move to another State than it is to move out of the country.
Ron Paul is about freedom of choice. The congress and courts will keep Ron from doing anything too radical if that is what you are afraid of........Are any of you still thinking we should be dying over in Afghanistan?....Are you all so in love with the IRS that you enjoy trying to figure out your taxes and praying you didn't screw them up and enjoy feeding the beast?

All of this doesn't even matter........Romney and Obama are only going to give you status quo......you only vote for them if you are loving the status quo in your life right now......if you do...God Bless and flip a coin or vote for whom ever you fancy.......if you don't like the status quo, you can't vote for either of those two if you have a brain in your head, it really is that simple.......Because absolutely no one reading this post is smart enough to know when either of those two candidates are lying or telling the truth. Neither of them is going to improve your life, and you can be damn sure that neither of them is going to make America great again. Be smart and take a chance!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Unlike the past conflict between the President and Congress, where they get nothing accomplished but eroding the rights of the American people, when Congress fights President Paul's agenda, the people will be paying attention... And in the coming years, these corrupt congressmen will be voted out by the same people that voted Dr. Paul into the White house

This is not an overnight solution to our problems, but with the active support of the American people, taking the initiative to make sure future politicians are there to actually represent the people is our highest priority

No longer are we blind sheep voting for one party or the other. We are aware of the backdoor deals these politicians are having, and it is no longer tolerable.

The movement that will put Dr. Paul into the White House is more than just about the President. We are reclaiming our right to representation and within the next 10 years(hopfully with two terms of Dr. Paul and the start of Rand Paul's Presidency) we will have completely remove these traitorous politicians from office and replace them with real people that are there for the general populations benefit... not the benefit of the corperations

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I don't know about the other posters, but I've never heard anything about a "utopia" or a "peaceful world."

Ron Paul simply wants to stop illegitimate wars and to return our inalienable rights to us from a government that's claiming to protect them by taking away them from us. Yes, many of his policies will likely need to be followed beyond his own Presidency to come to fruition, but most, if not all, can be started during his Presidency, and a policy that has been started is far more likely to meet its ends than a policy that never even sees the light of day.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Ron Paul seeks to give back the decision making process to the individual. But even if he was able to change government and laws to reflect everything he sees wrong with it, personally, I think the people are too stupid to make choices for themselves. The dependency on government is too interwoven in people's personalities.

I am actually surprised the constitution was written in the first place, as the ancestors to Americans must have been far smarter in their day...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

And that's why he won't succeed. There are far more players in this game that want the current system to stay put, because such a drastic change will result in the upheaval of the entire nation. They want the system that they know will stay afloat for a while longer, rather than switch to a system that will rock the earth before it stabilizes.

He is one man against an army of traditionalists. People who have invested their entire lives in the Machine. People who will do anything to stick with the way they have grown comfortable with, become addicted to...people who have been conditioned to defend this system loyally, right to their dying breath.

Ron Paul's plans are tantamount to unofficial "treason", the death of the current government...and that won't sit well with a lot of people. He plays that game, he follows that course, and he's a dead man. He will be removed as a liability.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

But even if he was able to change government and laws to reflect everything he sees wrong with it, personally, I think the people are too stupid to make choices for themselves.

Precisely. But the problem with government is where to put the power boundary. Where do you let the people govern themselves, and where do you put your own good intentions behind locked teeth, just watching as the people tear each other up in their new-found freedom.

No one wants to make that choice. No one wants to watch that happen.
edit on CMondaypm343424f24America/Chicago07 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join