It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iron Sky in the UK for one day only?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
From what I was watching on the trailer it does show the Nazi's in a 'cooler' light than the hollywood stuff.
Normally the movie controllers tend to shun stuff like that...

Thats something i had not considered

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Locally (Carmike Cinemas - www.carmike.com... ), Iron Sky will not even be available. When I called, they told me that they had never heard of it and didn't play 'YouTube videos' in their theaters.

Bearing in mind that this area is supported by a large university... meaning; diversity, I was a bit shocked.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
You can buy the merch only at their online store only. I guess the big movie industry does not like to be cut out of the loop and hopes a truly indipendent movie dies a quick death. On Rotten they already know what they should do with the movie, sign the rights over to Hollywood for a remake, because they can do so much better with it.

On the weekend it opened in Germany on average each of the 162 cinemas it opened in had about 400 spectators in one day and just under 800 for a weekend. Thats one cinema. I dont know, but in times where a count of 10 at the cinema (I have seen less too) is not a rarity this sounds like a win.

Sucks for the british fans, could be they were too squeamish to jump right on Iron Sky and now its too close to Blu ray release and too close to other summer movies. Could be nobody wants to see an indipendent film that is going to keep all the revenue and rights for itself to flourish. Think Star Wars. All the money Mr. Lucas made, Hollywood did not make, although they kept the rights to the movies and not the merchandise. I can imagine they are very keen to be kept in the loop and vary of anything that is about to break loose.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Why only release it for a single day?To close to the truth maybe?

edit on 10-5-2012 by HappyWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
What is up with all these Alien movies?

Guess one thing must be true, they put Adolf Hitler in space and he's coming back with a vengeance.

edit on 7-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

No Hitler in this Movie.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join