It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman In Black Burka Kicked Out Of Obama Campaign Event

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Yo

How does that relate to the topic?

Answer that

link   
reply to post by Signals

Would you be ok with a mormon president expelling a christian nun who was wearing a headscarf?

link   
anybody hear how did the hoodie folks made out at this doo?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Yo

How does that relate to the topic?

Answer that

Well, like I stated, when you previously said "good for them i never saw the logic of making women wear that to begin with... " I thought it funny that you are now feigning outrage at this action.

Don't see the connection?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Unless she did something wrong and was removed justifiably I think we can all agree this is a violation of her civil rights as a Blood Red American.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Alright lets break that post down to those who fail at reading and comprehension:

Women should be able to do whatever they want and if that means wearing a burka so be it but that doesn't mean i am going to tell them not to and furthermore i would not klck them out of an event because i had a problem with it.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

In reply to that copy paste.

I cover (although what I wear is modest dress with headscarf) and these are the reasons:

In Islam, a woman's beauty is not a thing to display to every man walking down the street. I do not care what strange men think of what I look like, and am not for those men. My beauty will be for my (yet future) husband to behold, and it is only him and my family I care to impress with the gifts of beauty God gave to me. Strange men are not my concern, and before them I will not share my body and my beauty.

Woman in Islam are different than western women because we do everything in opposite manner. In the west, a woman does her makeup and her hair and dresses beautifully to go outside, so that her beauty is for the enjoyment of everyone who sees her. When she comes home she removed her makeup and puts on sweat pants or other comfortable clothing.

Muslim woman dress down to go out, we remove any makeup and cover our hair, and wear loose fitting clothes that cover our body, because we do not care what the strange man walking down the street thinks, actually, we would rather he not think of us in any sexual or otherwise manner. But when we go home, we do our hair and our makeup and dress beautifully for our family and those close to us...because these are the ones we wish to impress with our beauty...

this is why we cover... it is because I do not want the man on the street to think I am anything... and when I am out I want to be recognized as a religious woman thereby obtaining more respect from the people we encounter... strange men also are more respectful of a covered women... especially in this country.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Exactly; the woman in the Burqa is proud of her religion and country (she had on US flags). She is a better American than a lot of Americans because she is exercising her right to freedom of religion. It is in the US CONSTITUTION.

The constitution was fought for in 1776 so that this woman could wear a burqa in 2012.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela

In reply to that copy paste.

Are you responding to me or neo? My post was a quote of a previous opinion of his, which I supplied for context. They are not my own opinions, nor do i subscribe to them.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Alright lets break that post down to those who fail at reading and comprehension:

Women should be able to do whatever they want and if that means wearing a burka so be it but that doesn't mean i am going to tell them not to and furthermore i would not klck them out of an event because i had a problem with it.

Thats good to hear... and it is wrong to do what they did. It is discrimination. Not that I can imagine what anyone would want to be supporting Obama for, he has lost the Muslim vote completely. So, honestly, I think this is some kind of attention seeking move on Obamas part.

You know the whole, running for president hard on Muslims thing, he knows he cant get one vote from any Muslim in this country... why not go for the support from the other side...lol

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The woman seemed to be screaming hysterically.
She was being led by the arms by officers on each side, no other contact could be seen.
So what was she screaming? (I really can't make it out)
Why would a woman in a burkha have military pins on her?

At any rate we're jumping to the conclusion that she was made to leave due to what she was wearing.
There's many other reasons she may have been removed.
ANYONE acting strangely at a Presidential event is going to looked at very hard by the secret service and police.

Maybe it was just a stunt to raise publicity for the Obama appearance.
The Seigel center looked about 1/3 full so it was not very well attended.

Why would Obama tell a bunch of college kids while speaking of the hardships of the middle class that "you've never worked harder in your life?" How exactly how does that makes our class schedules more difficult Mr,President?

Just keep reading from that teleprompter.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela
it is wrong to do what they did. It is discrimination.

Based on what? We only know she was asked to leave. We dont know why she was asked to leave. For all you know, she was asked to leave because she had uncontrollable gas, or was harassing other people.

There is no reason to assume she was removed because of her attire based on the info available at this point.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

she was asked to leave because she had uncontrollable gas

If she was leaved because of that, that would be a federal violation because she has a medical condition and it is still discrimination.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I'll wait until we have more than a 5 second video clip to know what actually happened instead of just assuming this has anything to do with her religion.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Signals

Would you be ok with a mormon president expelling a christian nun who was wearing a headscarf?

That's a ridiculous assumption....

And yes, I'm okay with a Mormon President, I still (and should) consider that Christian.

I'd take it any day over what we have now.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Exactly; the woman in the Burqa is proud of her religion and country (she had on US flags). She is a better American than a lot of Americans because she is exercising her right to freedom of religion. It is in the US CONSTITUTION.

The constitution was fought for in 1776 so that this woman could wear a burqa in 2012.

Wrong again, our Forefathers (love it or hate it) didn't give a flip about Islamic tradition, they were Christians.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
www.dimensional.com...

Please go to this site to see actual quotes from Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine, John Adams, George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, James Madison and others who plainly and unequivocally state that they were NOT Christians, did NOT believe Jesus was the son of god, did NOT want the laws of the United States to be based on ANY religion (and several hold contempt specifically for Christianity), and believed that, in a democracy, religious feeling would eventually subside and disappear.

do tell
edit on 7-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
But those pilgrims who landed on Plymouth Rock were seeking freedom to worship however they wanted sure a lot is owed to the founders but which founders?

Wasn't for those pilgrims who came first those later "founders" would have never brought the change they sought.
edit on 7-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Wrong again, our Forefathers (love it or hate it) didn't give a flip about Islamic tradition, they were Christians.

The constitution they wrote does not say only Christians, it says freedom of religion. They actually did give a flip about Islam as a matter of fact because they wrote it into the Constitution. If you want an only christian country (if one exists) go to the vatican city but leave the USA (soon to be muslim haha) alone.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

hmmmm sounded like she was screaming his name.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join