It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Would Choose President Obama If I Was American

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

When you said Republicans and Democrats are the same that reminded me when I heard former Governor Jesse Ventura on Coast to Coast saying the exact same thing and how they are all in it together. Now, some of the lower members may not know that, but considering the family connections as another thread on ATS mentioned, they all have an investment in each other.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousHusky

Now you get it........

As hard as I am on Obama,I would be just as hard with Romney. Actually,I have been!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousHusky
reply to post by METACOMET

Very good outlook/perspective. If people go through their entire lives with a mindset of stone then they will seldom learn much. Sometimes you have to keep an open mind, but as a saying goes, not too open that your brains fall out. Hence being a cautious optimist who realizes that realism has some merit to it is the closest thing I have encountered to fit that saying.

Right. But even when their brains fall out, or turn to stone, we should always acknowledge and tolerate their right to believe and obey their own conscience. This is an essential requisite for freedom. Others must voluntary come to their own conclusions or the pursuit of truth contains no moral significance. Whenever we depart from voluntary cooperation and try to do good by using force, the bad moral value of force triumphs over good intentions.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What?

Gitmo still opened the wars continued and expanded in to more countries than the last guy did

He has spent 6 trillion dollars and the cbo projections put that at well over 20 trillion within the next 4 years.

88 million Americans are out of work and underemployed

The housing market will not recovered for another GENERATION.

Gun running weapons to Mexico that has resulted in the deaths of over 30,000 Mexican Nationals and that violence has spread across the border to Americans getting killed here.

I wouldn't choose Obama for nothing

Forward with what ?

The same stupidity that has made this country worse off that at any other time in the entire history of this country.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET

Originally posted by MysteriousHusky
reply to post by METACOMET

Very good outlook/perspective. If people go through their entire lives with a mindset of stone then they will seldom learn much. Sometimes you have to keep an open mind, but as a saying goes, not too open that your brains fall out. Hence being a cautious optimist who realizes that realism has some merit to it is the closest thing I have encountered to fit that saying.

Right. But even when their brains fall out, or turn to stone, we should always acknowledge and tolerate their right to believe and obey their own conscience. This is an essential requisite for freedom. Others must voluntary come to their own conclusions or the pursuit of truth contains no moral significance. Whenever we depart from voluntary cooperation and try to do good by using force, the bad moral value of force triumphs over good intentions.

Yeah there is a saying that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Freedom must be respected but don't forget that another person's freedom stops when it infringes on your own. Example: Someone can freely move their arms but if they try to punch you in the face their freedom to do so is at your expense and thus there freedom ends at your nose.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

The housing market will not recovered for another GENERATION.

This may be a cheeky response but at current reproduction rates the next generation is around the corner. Regardless it was the young ones who helped give President Obama the "Colbert Bump" and all the other Social Media bumps that are out there. The one flaw in this belief is that the population does not actually vote for the President. The Electoral College does. Here is a video I saw on another thread explaining it.

Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AK907ICECOLD

Take no offense please when I say....
Who cares? You are from canada, therefore us in the US do not care what you think.
If I had something to say about your great prime minister, you would most likely tell
me the same thing.

nobody wants to speak about their nation's flaws to an outsider. I would just keep it to yourself.

My advice, become an American, then tell me how much your on his side, silly canadian.

Again, but I wonder if you are your nation's patriot, or just a blithering blkhd wanting to indulge in a reign of dicktatorship, Obama sucks IMHO, and am on my way to leave this country.

Just my thought, Peace.

I got a thread for you.... Why I would have chosen Hitler if I was a German living in his time, Blecchhhh.

Maybe we should ask all the countries that have american bases on their territory what they think of american policy OR when you leave to go to that other country you speak of how well they appreciate your presence their.

The USA has been exporting its brand of freedom to the entire globe so its really sour grapes to tell strangers(canadians of all people) sorry I don't care. If america didn't care then america would not be #ing up every country either.

Get a grip and be a realist!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

If not a realist then a neorealist or an optimistic realist.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Okay, okay.... Just found out that a few too many makes my mouth open a ...Little to wide

Damn this cheap beer gets me wasted( What?!, wait.. this beers made in Canada??)

All aside, I was being an ass in my first post on this thread. My apologies for the mindless crap I said..

Better next time, I promise

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AK907ICECOLD
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Okay, okay.... Just found out that a few too many makes my mouth open a ...Little to wide

Damn this cheap beer gets me wasted( What?!, wait.. this beers made in Canada??)

All aside, I was being an ass in my first post on this thread. My apologies for the mindless crap I said..

Better next time, I promise

No worries you kind of have to have a thick skin to post something so polarized.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
As a small business person looking at Obamner Care and higher taxation, I'll take Romney thankyou very much. I want lower taxes, less regulation, more personal freedom, and no Obamner care.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Well i can tell you that I'm not wasted at the moment, but.... I have had a few drinks, but I am not a fan of Obama, and have my own view points, and with that comes hostility in my perspective. So don't ( not just to you
)
invalidate my stance in the opinion friend(s). I sometimes wonder why the hell I live in the USA when I can live somewhere else, only problem is there has to be a balance of some kind to the individual dealing with their community or main man that's running the show.

All facts, opinions, and jokes aside my (almost wife left me for a another in Canada after hating my traditional Alaskan lifestyle, only to have the same, not far away....

[OFF TOPIC] Okay, no spelling check... I am wasted, so I can forget my hard-arshe day. but I just wanted again to apologize to the many sent replies on my first post. I like your country and I wish I could visit but my past actions has hindered me from entering your country..

Too add: Its mostly on ATS that I see Obama getting the wrap for bad form than any other country, so somethings are wrong IMHO. I wish I could start a new life in Canada, Australia or where ever.... Because I'm truly afraid how my nation is being run into the ground.

I mean well, and disrespect was not meant to any Canadians. peace. I wanted to put that out there to make friends, allies, and brothers, rather than haters, bullies, or enemies.

Also.... I am now fully wasted and ready to pass out, but felt the need to dismount my high horse, and ask that you may forgive my ignorance and mundane comments. I will end with that, and ask to PM me for the off topic rebuttal. Thx

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Paid Obama campaign person... I didn't even have to read the whole first post to get that! And everyone seems to think this person is a normal poster, one whose only goal in posting is to promote Obama. Don't you feel foolish now...

Anyway, Obama has atrocious foreign policy... he is in love with the Muslim Brotherhood and is placing them in power all over the middle east. They are terrorists. I do not care what your precious Obama has told you so how good they are, but you should listen to the Brotherhood and what they believe and stand for before you come to such conclusions. But since you work for Obama I am sure you know that. But, If the Brotherhood is not a terrorist organization then you may want to take Hamas off the terrorist list since they rejoined the brotherhood in December....unless of course, the Brotherhood is not such wonderful people and all.

Oh and might want to save the Christians from them in Syria too, have you heard what they are planning for them when they get into power in Syria? Yes, they are promising horrific and gruesome deaths..

but of course, they are sooo good and not terrorists anymore!

and I am the tooth fairy

Check your foreign policy, change that.
edit on 10-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela
Paid Obama campaign person... I didn't even have to read the whole first post to get that!

While you are entitled to an argument I think you just invalidated your own by acknowledging a false sense of knowing where you do not need to have all the info to make an informed reply.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join