It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA reportedly thwarted new al-Qaida underwear bomb plot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

CIA reportedly thwarted new al-Qaida underwear bomb plot

news.yahoo.com

The CIA thwarted a suicide plot by al-Qaida's affiliate in Yemen to bring down a U.S.-bound airliner near last week's one-year anniversary of Osama bin Laden's death with an upgraded "underwear bomb," the Associated Press reported Monday. The White House quickly released a statement insisting "the device did not pose a threat to the public."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
( start sarcasm )

THANK GOD FOR THE WONDERFULL CIA i honesly dont know what we woud ever do without our wonderfull defenders of freedom to protect us against the big bad terrorists Thanks CIA we dont know what we woud ever do without you!!!
And to our wondefull President Thanks for keeping us safe from all the big bad meanies out there WE LOVE YOU SO MUTCH

(end sarcasm

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
and this all happen during all the political issues in greek and france, amazing

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
the MSM sucks!

the title should have been that the CIA thwarted new Al Qaeda panties bomb plot.

saying that the bomber was wearing underwear is sexist!!!

but on the upside, no one was ever in any danger from it because the people that build such things are not very good at what they do.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Meanwhile in the middle east another muslim is being framed (probably the ones that wear panties) (women)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

(start sarcasm)

Wow, you are really funny. Thank god for people like you who know it all and know what is best for this country, I mean what the CIA does is not important right!

(end sarcasm)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
(resume sarcasm)

Oh, that's nothing, my pants explode all the time...but that's just from my amazing package

...and also fat arse and violent diarrhea

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
10 dollars says the bonber is a retarded guy managed by the CIA. The truth is we kill a million people and nobody wants revenge, so we manufacture terrorists.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Gotta keep the sheep scared!! That's the best way to get us to allow more and more 'protection' from our wonderful government.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The U.S. is fighting a covert war in Yemen. And i'd imagine this is about galvanising public opinion for further drone strikes in the south. This is less about 'fighting Al Qaueda' and more about propping up a corrupt regime, the opposition to which, has become dominated by religious extremists... You as Americans, are not in danger, but people in Yemen are from both the US military and CIA as well as Al Qaeda. I don't think i really need infere further of CIA involvement in Al Qaeda operatives, but that is my feeling. The most important part of American foreign policy is galvanising public support (many of thr wikileaks docs showed this)....
www.guardian.co.uk... this is what i'm talking about....
rt.com... this one is also interesting, though much less balanced.
Hope i haven't gone too far off topic but i think it's all linked... thankyou, DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE.

and it seems the underpants bomb contained no metal so could have got on an aircraft. Maybe this is about tightening airport security...
edit on 8-5-2012 by theGreatunhosed because: added point related to the original article posted

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
reply to post by ninjas4321

(start sarcasm)

Wow, you are really funny. Thank god for people like you who know it all and know what is best for this country, I mean what the CIA does is not important right!

(end sarcasm)

alCIAda and thier PR spin.

What about the drug trafficking,subverting civilian non-violent movements, and thuggish assasinations?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I smell an F.B.I. coerced patsy.

Reminds me of this: Terrorist Plots, Hatched by the F.B.I.

More BS to sustain a war on Mr. Terror.

top topics

join