It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is this next to my son....?!?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Creepy!

Very disturbing, your gonna get flak for it "being night" or "fog in the back ground"
There are some amazing contributors/members on here for video analysis.
Hopefully you don't get discouraged by trolls as I did with my "weird cemetery picture...what is it thread?"
I hung in there, stuck to the truth & members contributed greatly! It's hard when people call you a Liar and a fraud when all you want is a plausible explanation. Thank you for sharing!

Love these pics!

S&F!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

Yup...it seems legit. I mean...it looks real...yeah. Its giving me the creeps. And I am used to paranormal stuff.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by geewizz

It's probably a simple lighting aberration. It could be something else, but there's no way to say for sure. It is, however, a fallacy of logic to associate the appearance of something in the photo with your sons premonition about the dog (see post hoc ergo proctor hoc). You need more than the speculative interpretation of a photo to make such a coincidental correlation.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
18 pages???? I just woke up to see this is still going on?? For the love of pete....

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by geewizz

There's nothing next to your son,

What happens is under certain light condition a mirror/glass can cause a double reflection effect in this case whats happening is the lady is pointing the cellphone at the mirror. The mirror is next to a light but the way they are disposed the light cannot directly shine into the mirror leaving little light to enter the mirror which reflects the image in the back and since the light shine on something close the reflected light from the bounced surface returns to the mirror which gets reflected again.

Its light the "double glare" effect you can get when you flash a flashlight at a certain angle in a window.

Put more simply its the same effect used to create the those things for TV anchors that allows them to look at the camera that's shooting through a semi transparent mirror that's also reflecting their scripts... The dark background condition with a close proximity of the light cause the image to be reflected separately on both the top and the bottom side of the glass layer of the mirror.

Nothing to be scared of chum

edit on 8-5-2012 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

So far, Reeferman has done the best job here with pics. Heres his post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This particular one at the bottom of his post is the most disturbing... to me.

For a number of reasons. There are a number of pieces of glass in the shot. The back window, x number camera lenses and a mirror. I don't know why they chose to shoot this odd angle. However, they did. They also contend that an invisible plays a role, seemingly not benign as the child refers to "them" as monsters. And the family dog (who died?) used to "sit and guard" the child. Even the child stipulated that the dog protects him from the "monsters".

Family pets , childhood "friends" and "monsters" are a concerning thing but not altogether alarming. Ghosts in mirrors are a recurring report. "I heard something behind me, looked up in the mirror and saw something there but when I turned and looked with my eyes it was gone. Thats a good one. Surely shudder time. Just a tale, but a recurring theme in a lot of ghostly stories. And freaky deaky.

So here the image is in the mirror and behind the child. And what an image. "Enhanced" this way by reeferman, I make out several faces in and about the central figure. The key to "finding images" in a photograph, is to stop seeing the photo subject matter and search for the "artifacts". If you can place two eyeballs in the anomaly, then look for a face, then shoulders, etc. Mostly spirit pictures are fuzzy, so you are not sure if they are there at all.
Eye of the beholder and all. Skeptics fill pages of clowning and seeing things (insert Twilight Zone theme).
Believers see ghosts in everything.

Just observe.

How many sets of eyes do you see here?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I admit I didn't read all 19 pages (about 4) did member & Mod.
Defcon have an opinion/contribution on the photo in question?
He is very knowledgable & helpful w/ pics. Of this nature.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hello

I took that image to photoshop and played around a little.
I added some brightness, lowered the contrast a tad, added some curves, added a highpass filter set to soft light and then i cut out the ghostly thingy (what ever you want to call it), i then used the dodge and burn tools to bring out the light areas and darken the darker areas, and managed to come up with this.

It looks like two faces to me, one reminds me of Jesus.
Anyway here it is.

Thanks.

edit on 8-5-2012 by Ephio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ephio

Good one Ephio.You are the first to see the skull below the main one. Keep looking. There are more. They "overlap" in and around the central character. They don't look benign to me.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Can't be bothered to scale this properly since it's not really possible anyway as the double reflection (from the surface of the glass) would originate from a slightly different perspective than the captured image of his wife -- regardless you can see how the hair-lines and general facial features match up + discern the shape of the phone against the lower left side of the 'apparition's' face.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Somberlain

yeah I know, let it go, I learned about fifteen pages ago it can't have a logical answer cause that would make too much sense.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jenlovesturtles
18 pages???? I just woke up to see this is still going on?? For the love of pete....

What did you expect?

Logic?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

(sigh) well, I didnt expect so many people talking about "seeing an evil force" or the statement "you should get an exorcist"

so my answer is NO

edit on 8-5-2012 by jenlovesturtles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Looks like a white haired old guy with a tache, patting your sons head.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by geewizz

It looks like a gray type or possibly a hybrid, or it could be just your camera catching things and glitches and playing tricks on your mind. Or maybe you just been on ATS to long because you can only see what you mind is capable of grasping, and like clouds passing by in the sky one or a few clouds eventually look like something you mind is picturing.

Basically It is whatever you want it to be, and what you want it to be is a camera artifact smudge, return to your daily scheduled programming bro.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I do they same thing here. I look at my daughter while sitting in the drivers/passengers side of the car while she is in the back. By what it looks like to me is a thumb print on the rear view mirror, since she would of had to move it down to look at her son or it was adjusted at one point or another.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I dislike when someone puts up a serious post or pic and everyone just jokes.If the poster thought it was a loke they wouldnt post. I'm mostly talking about post's like " Chewbacca"! really?
at first I thought of the boys reflexaion but onlt half his face is lit.
The passenger doesnt seem to have same expresion or tilt, very curious about drivers looks because that would be kinda of the right angle , but it looks like a Grey to me also.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

see my post on page 12 this was exactly what i was on about, i am glad someone has spotted it and highlighted it out.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Now it really looks like a Grey to me, but It has a suit and tie, and I do not mean that to be funny

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by madhadder545
reply to post by intrptr

Now it really looks like a Grey to me, but It has a suit and tie, and I do not mean that to be funny

I'm thinking draco
or imp... why would a grey have clothes on?
They don't need clothes they have no
anatomically correct anything
edit on 8-5-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join