It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is this next to my son....?!?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Does any one else see the large eye through the back window. This eye looks like it may be reptilian as there seems to be scaly skin around it. There is clearly two entities in the back seat with your son although it is hard to make out just what they are. Perhaps the entities are protecting your son.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by lavenlaar
the double image of your son is the refraction of the rear vision mirror. You know when you flick it at night to dim the headlights behind you. The lens of the phone/camera was at the middle point where double image appears. As for the larger 'smudge', could be on the mirror that is refracted (like inside). try again with with same near angle. may be replicated.

Agreed, it is a double image of the child in the back seat.

If you look closely at the "ghost" image you can see more detail of the young man's yellow shirt than in the primary reflection. Below the red lettering there is a red and blue shape with a white spot (circus elephant perhaps?).

Anti-glare rear-view mirror

A prismatic rear-view mirror — sometimes called a "day/night mirror" — can be tilted to reduce the brightness and glare of lights, mostly for headlights shining directly on the eye level at night. This type of mirror is made of a piece of glass that is wedge-shaped in cross section—its front and rear surfaces are not parallel.

On manual tilt versions, a tab is used to adjust the mirror between "day" and "night" positions. In the day view position, the front surface is tilted and the reflective back side gives a strong reflection. When the mirror is moved to the night view position, its reflectorized rear surface is tilted out of line with the driver's view. This view is actually a reflection off the non-reflectorized front surface. Since the non-reflectorized front surface allows most of the light to go through, only a small amount of light is reflected into the driver's eyes.

Sorry OP, nothing spooky.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I could not be bothered to read through all 13 pages but you can clearly see whatever that is in the picture shares the same pattern as the car interior which makes me believe it is something to do with the lighting.

It does kinda look like a grey though, if you look close and hard enough.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FORMe2p00p0n

Well at least both of them seem to be having a great time.... what ever it is

The outl;ine drawing is not what I was looking at, it seems to me that there is a reflection of your son's face between him and the outline drawing.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by geewizz

no matter what it seems to be playing in the light coming from the back window..

the cloaked hand muffling the boys mouth & his eyes longing for help bugs me the most...

glowing edges..

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I played around with it as well, brightened it, sharpened it, etc, and it still looks like two faces to me. Plus, the OP said there wasn't a smudge. Check the images I linked too (pg10-12 range, I think), and see where I highlighted what looks like eyes to me. To several family members as well, and that without telling them anything in advance. I still want to see some newer shots, for comparison, but this picture freaks me out a bit.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
This is a joke...right?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
My gut instinct here is a trick of the light and reflection since you're convinced its not a mirror smudge (could the smudge have been further smudged or cleaned off by someone, perhaps?) - It looks humanoid though, so I wouldn't guess it to be an animal spirit. The general pose feeling I'm getting from what I can make out isn't aggressive, so I think at worst you're probably just dealing with a friendly with your child spirit or protector.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by geewizz

I see what appears to be someone in a suit sitting to left of the baby in the back seat although the head is foggy..

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by geewizz

its you taking the picture in the mirror reflecting back you can see the phone and hand. thats my take. look closely

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
How do rear view mirrors work?

auto.howstuffworks.com...

If you stand in front of a normal window in your house at night (inside the house, with the indoor lights ON), you will be able to see your reflection in the glass quite clearly. A car's mirror takes advantage of the same effect.

The mirror is not ground flat -- the front glass surface is at an angle to the back (mirrored) surface. So if you looked at this mirror out of its casing, it would be wedge-shaped with the thicker edge at the top. When you "flip" the mirror, the back mirrored surface actually points toward the dark ceiling, so you don't see that image. What you see instead is the image reflecting off the front of the glass, and this is much dimmer that the pure reflected image so it does not hurt your eyes.

To prove that this is what is happening, take a flashlight with you one night and play with your mirror (while the car is parked in your garage, preferably). Flip the mirror and shine the light at the ceiling (or sometimes the floor) and the fully reflected image will overwhelm the front-surface reflection so you can see the ceiling.

What you're seeing is light hitting that surface from an angle.. it doesn't work the way normal mirrors work because the mirrored surface is at an angle from the glass..
edit on 5/8/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I think I'll have to agree with this. The image isn't edited, but it just looks like some kind of smudgy distortion. I see things like this in photos all the time. Do realize that you will see something if you want to see something. You'll just end up convincing yourself that it's significant.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
reply to post by miniatus

I think I'll have to agree with this. The image isn't edited, but it just looks like some kind of smudgy distortion. I see things like this in photos all the time. Do realize that you will see something if you want to see something. You'll just end up convincing yourself that it's significant.

I re-edited my post.. while I think surface smudge is at play because I think it's dang near impossible to really clean the surface glass in an immaculate way without something like an eye glass cloth.. ( and even then it's not always perfect ) .. you're bound to have smudged oils on the surface.. dust in the car.. humidity .. any number of things..

I think it more has to do with the way rear view mirrors are designed AS well as any kind of smudge on the surface..
edit on 5/8/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by geewizz

I apologize if I am insulting, but is there any malice or aggression going on between your partner, and your son? I think that may have something to do with the as you put it "thing"

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Drunkenparrot above explained in more detail how the rear view mirror works.. so he deserves credit, I just saw that.. I don't know that it's a double image of the son.. but I do think we're seeing light hitting the glass surface at an angle which would give that sort of effect.

I've seen it in my own car when driving in lower light..

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Does any one else see the large eye through the back window.
reply to post by Qspeedyrock

"The large eye" you see is simply where the seatbelt comes out of the hole in the c-pillar, and it only looks like a eye because you can see it through the STEAM the little boy is obviously blowing out of his mouth as it looks to be night-time out side so obviously in this instance it's a cold night.

I bet they have just got in the car before it has had time to warm up and the little boy is amusing himself with his own freezing breath.

Mystery solved, you're welcome.

edit on 8/5/12 by flyingkiwi because: My reason for editing? I had to dumb down my reply so it wouldn't confuse some people.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
OP's picture sent a chill down my spine! That is a bit freaky

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Whats going on in the family right now, if you don't mind me asking.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Ok I usually don't see what people are talking about in photos like this, but I wanted to answer this one because I immediately saw something. It looks like an elderly lady's face near his head on his shoulder level. Now I'll go read others' responses.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Whats going on in the family right now, if you don't mind me asking
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

They're sitting at home in front of their computer laughing their asses off at all these people thinking their little boys breath is a freakin reptilian

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join