It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Fox News contributor laments ‘mistake’ of letting women vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Fox News contributor laments ‘mistake’ of letting women vote

They keep piling it on over there at Fox.

Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, a Fox News contributor, tea party activist and personal friend of Sean Hannity’s said in a sermon recently published to YouTube that America’s greatest mistake was allowing women the right to vote, adding that back in “the good old days, men knew that women are crazy and they knew how to deal with them.”

In the video, published to YouTube in March, Peterson explains that he believes women simply can’t handle “anything,” and that in his experience, “You walk up to them with a issue, they freak out right away. They go nuts. They get mad. They get upset, just like that. They have no patience because it’s not in their nature. They don’t have love. They don’t have love.”

Despite his statements being online for more than a month, Hannity welcomed Peterson on his show last Tuesday to castigate the Obama administration over “taking credit” for the Osama bin Laden assassination — but the segment didn’t exactly go as planned.

Excerpts from the video:

“I think that one of the greatest mistakes America made was to allow women the opportunity to vote, We should’ve never turned this over to women. And these women are voting in the wrong people. They’re voting in people who are evil who agrees with them who’re gonna take us down this pathway of destruction.”

“And this probably was the reason they didn’t allow women to vote when men were men. Because men in the good old days understood the nature of the woman, they were not afraid to deal with it. And they understood that, you let them take over, this is what would happen.”

Peterson, founder of the conservative religious group Brotherhood Organization of A New Destiny (BOND), appeared on the Fox News Channel on May 1, more than a month after giving his controversial sermon. Fox News host Kirsten Powers even confronted Peterson about his “mysogynistic” speech and challenged Hannity to repudiate it, but the Republican opinion host did not, and instead gave Peterson a platform to denounce “liberal, women policies.”

This video was broadcast by Fox News on May 1, 2012.
Watch the latest video at video.insider.foxnews.com

No war on women? Sure, Sean - whatever.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm glad women got the right to vote.

Gives me, as a married guy, 2 votes.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
These people(the media) will go to any extreme to keep the genders and races divided in this country, and the shame of it, is that the majority of Americans buy into it.

When are we going to learn to think for ourselves.
When are we going to turn our backs on these poor excuses for human beings, and make them do or say something different because they have no viewers left.

It's time to wage war on the msm by turning them off.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Guess someone thinks that letting African Americans have the right to free speech was a "mstake" and i'm confused

The left tells me that all us evil republicans hate women and minorities so how the hell can that guy be Republican

eh?

More of this war on women stupidity?

Seriously what they are doing is tell me i hate my mother,my wife,or my girlfriend and daughter.

Get a better rap.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Ahhhh......mysoginy.

The latest political boogeyman.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The left tells me that all us evil republicans hate women and minorities so how the hell can that guy be Republican

eh?

I do not understand that statement.
Is it just the left telling you this or is it a genuine observation from the public that incites such perspectives against the right(not you personally) as well?
You are not denying his affiliation are you? There are bad apples al around, which is why so many get frustrated at the one sided blame game.
It should be us(citizens) against them (any gov,corps,media,politicians that do the wrong thing regardless of their affiliation), not each other.

Take note that I did not come in here and say all the repubs are idiots, the right is bringing down the country, everything is the right's fault, like so many do/say with the left these days. Perspective yo.....

edit on 7-5-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: clarification

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

What?

People who go around calling me a racist and i hate women and children pretty big sign that no one misses on here.

like the op and the thousands of other threads.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Fox News: "There is no war on women."
Fox News Commentator: "Letting women vote a mistake."

new topics

top topics

join