It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

False Flag! CIA Thwarts Another Al-Qaida Underwear Bomb Plot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56
FBI says it posed no threat as the bomb didn't make it to any plane.
That the guy hadn't bought a ticket but it was definitely a device that could that have gone through the body scanners without being detected.
Do they have body scanners in Yemen ?
What's the point in taking a device on a plane then getting off in the US and trying to get past a body scanner?

The FBI also said that they'll need to use new technology to help with these situations.
So that should be out within a few weeks in my opinion.

Why don't they just ask the CIA to stop all this messing about and then our airports can get back to the way they used to be.

I used to love flying and going to the airport.
Now it's like lining up for an identity parade when you're innocent.

False- flag !

What's the point in taking a device on a plane then getting off in the US and trying to get past a body scanner?

Answer: why, to test to see the strength of your enemy and the ability to detect it.

I think this might be the beginning of a new wave...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why can we not have a discussion about terrorism on ATS without claiming it’s all a false flag and the government are behind everything. Terrorism exists, 9/11 happened and a terrorist network known as Al-Qa’ida were responsible.

Lets stop talking about terrorism in terms of the conspiracy fantasy world and lets discuss it in the real world.

This is getting so frustrating, why OP, Why do you think this is a false flag what evidence do you have that this was a attempted false flag that the CIA stopped because they like to shoot themselves in the foot like that.

Why? Because it's all crap! Original underwear bomber? Brought onto the plane by a sharp dressed man.

The last 18 or so "terrorist" threats that were thwarted by the FBI? They were CREATED by the FBI!

Heck, the 93 WTC bombing was an FBI job.

deadlinelive.info...

I agree we should discuss the terror threat IN THE REAL WORLD, and if you live in the real world and not in mainstream news propaganda world, you'll come to realize that much of the Islamic terror threat is MANUFACTURED. To deny that reality is delusion.
edit on 8-5-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
You people and your false flags. A failed plot is not false flag because it will get all of one 24 hour news cycle and be forgotten. What the hell would be the point?

That's all it takes to reinforce in the mind of the average brainwashed American to be scared, be very scared, and let the TSA continue sticking their hands down your pants.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

I think this might be the beginning of a new wave...

Yea, a new wave of propaganda fake terror plots during an election cycle. It's not like it didn't happen before...

Former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge claims in a new book that he was pressured by other members of President George W. Bush's Cabinet to raise the nation's terror alert level just before the 2004 presidential election.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The Bush administration used to raise threat levels around campaign time, apparently. Is Obama doing the same with European terror alerts to create a rally-round-the-president effect?

www.informationisbeautiful.net...

Please don't be so gullible as to believe this panty bomber fake terror crap.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hoorah for another thwarted plot by those evil Al CIAda terrorist monkeys! It is wholly due to their tireless vigilance, and that of the governments and many alphabet agencies involved in protecting us all, that we are here today to praise their bravery on the jolly old interweb!

Seriously, enough already guys, you are only making yourselves look even more ridiculous.

I mean, the whole idea of terrorism is to strike unannounced, in random places, time and time again to wear down the enemy and have them jumping at shadows. So far, the only ones trying or, it seems, succeeding in some cases, are the shady alphabet agencies, our governments and the compliant corporate media. We are led to believe the evil dark skinned terrorists are everywhere, always plotting and ready to strike at any moment. And yet, where are all these attacks by the bad guys? Oh yeah, I forgot, they keep being thwarted by tirelessly vigilant.. well, you get the picture!

We are surrounded by soft targets everywhere, a veritable smorgasbord of possible things to hit, and yet they tell us those evil terrorist monkeys are engaging in doomed to fail, James Bond-esque schemes in order to bring down a plane (usually, or is that always, a US or US bound one!). Yep, that's right... one plane, when they could easily hit a whole bunch of airport terminals and shut down the entire freakin system, not to mention the death, economic and infrastructure damage!

I just wonder now what they are planning, or what measures are waiting in the wings to be passed, to protect us all (again)?

And finally... (sorry for the rant)... if these new dastardly undercracker explosives are NOT detectable by the nudey scanners, then they might as well take them all out... right?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
underwear bombs.....this is almost like a bad joke...

TPTB are officially out of muses.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

You left out Operation Northwoods and the Gulf of Tonkin. Why??? Look at the history of the U.S. government and tell me that this is beneath them....

I say it is a perfect false flag leading up to the massacre in Chicago for the NATO summit. Do I have facts or proof? Nope. Just my gut instinct based upon things that have been going on in Chicago since Rahm has taken over.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
In war this kind of thing is very similar to harassing fire just to muddy the waters cause chaos and confusion, only this is done not with bullets but with a puppet and words this is a deception tactic probably used to gauge the reaction of the people post event also to evaluate certain leaks within the cabal of security networks entrenching there way deep into the American landscape. I am surprised that they have not targeted our infrastructure relating to the shipping of goods across America, target the truckers they are relatively soft targets and it wouldnt be hard to simultaneously attack a large number of them at once. This would cause some real havoc dozens of trucks parked at thousands of weigh stations hundreds of trucks at supply depots etc etc and these people have the important job of moving your food, supplying your gas stations, etc. I believe that this is where they will go next to keep you very afraid tptb are not foolish

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

You left out Operation Northwoods and the Gulf of Tonkin. Why??? Look at the history of the U.S. government and tell me that this is beneath them....

I say it is a perfect false flag leading up to the massacre in Chicago for the NATO summit. Do I have facts or proof? Nope. Just my gut instinct based upon things that have been going on in Chicago since Rahm has taken over.

Seeker you forgot to add the pentagon papers

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Oh man i just wrote a giant reply to the OP and changed my min,but seriously, come on! Is everything a freaking plot againts the world? Planes crash all the time people die! I dont think Americans are scared of this stuff anymore. It certainly wont stop me from flying. This is petty. If the government was to scare Americans, why not blow up markets and football stadiums and baseball fields and stuff like that. Envoke real fear into people, that would be more likely to work.. But a underware bomber again?!?!?! Its not a false flag.. its realistic! These groups have adapted. These groups also aren't always smart in keeping their mouths shut either! Im not surprised someone caught on to this. It makes no sense to create fear from this.. its not going to do anything...! And besides false flags are done to gain supportof a war or politcal change. What more can the government inpose on us flying? You have to be naked? The government isnt taken away our rights WE ARE!I have nothing to hide if they wanna scan my body great.. if it meansi can move on faster awesome! They just said they wanted to set up frequent flier easy pass lines in airports.. Not to mention if the governent was plotting something why would they want everyone home... id much rather have you distracted with fun while i pull the wool over your head!

and just for the record... I do believe in a lot of the conspiracies on here...i just think some of us just troll the internet looking fro anything to make into a conspiracy..

Now who thought that Obama speech in Afghanastan was a holograph?

Just Sayin'
edit on 8-5-2012 by EmceeTrick because: forgot Obama!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

They dont happen... lol or if they do they happen in their own countries.
edit on 8-5-2012 by EmceeTrick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EmceeTrick

I see your point, but I still think this particular incident was pitiful. I think this was...as another poster said...someone trying to remind us we are supposed to be scared.

We are suppose to cling to the leg of ole Uncle Sam and cry for protection. To which he says "yes silly sheep, I'll protect you...now I have to take away some of your rights to do that and you won't be able to move around freely or speak your mind...now bend over...you fav uncle has a present for you".

I don't think for a minute that our "real" enemies are that f'ing stupid. The underwear failed before. Again, as others have said...there are far-far softer targets that would extract far more fear, panic and problems than this type of thing...I'm afraid I call BS on this "plot".

We have become weak and pitiful...Crying to the Gov to protect us from "them bad ole brown people"...makes me sick we have become such chicken sh!t cowards...I said it before....Gut Up people! Be strong....die with some freaking dignity when it's your time to go...begging is not becoming.

"Those that would willing sacrifice liberty for security will lose both and deserve neither" (Thomas Jefferson/Benjamin Franklin - paraphrased)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Damrod

I think they would use something a bit more BOLD. Like we caught 1000's of these guys in america! But just one that we know of currently is just not even worth it.. its not even top story on the news channels anymore granted they are MSM but you figure they would be blowing this up.. it was hot this am now i had to go look for it on CNN.com frotn page kidnapping suspect and Obama... Trust me that right there proves to me that this is real and no one gives a crap...

if they wanted it to be a false flag it would be still top story on e all the .coms its not IMO. They made a big deal over it in the middle of the night man... when i was a awake... Maybe its still on a lot on the tvs im just saying the www news chanels who eat this stuff are quiet about it now. Even fox news it quiet about it! I dunno we shall see if your right ill make an ass out of myself on a youtube video and post it!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why can we not have a discussion about terrorism on ATS without claiming it’s all a false flag and the government are behind everything. Terrorism exists, 9/11 happened and a terrorist network known as Al-Qa’ida were responsible.

Looks like the OP was right and you were wrong.

news.yahoo.com...

U.S. and Yemeni officials say the supposed would-be bomber at the heart of an al-Qaida airliner plot was actually an informant working for the CIA.

Maybe next time you won't be so skeptical.
edit on 5/8/2012 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Fox just reported this bomber is a CIA informant...what a shocker!

All these guys work for the CIA.
lmao

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well i`ve had dirty looks aimed at me all day for going against the mainstream.
Can`t wait to see a few faces tomorrow.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

No, he was a CIA informant who gave them information that led to them foiling this plot, that does not mean the CIA engineered the plot. Of course the CIA and any other number of intelligence agencies around the world have informants inside terrorist organisations who provide them with intelligence regarding plots.

Stop seeing what you want to see, yes the information that led to this success was due to a Cia informant passing on vital intelligence that does not mean that was a attempted false flag. Its just absurd to make such a claim. Surly if this was a false flag the CIA would have let it happen or gave this guy the bomb rather than stopping the attack. So no I was right and the OP was wrong.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
he was a double agent apparently
weird
Would-be underwear bomber a double agent

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets stop talking about terrorism in terms of the conspiracy fantasy world and lets discuss it in the real world.

This is getting so frustrating, why OP, Why do you think this is a false flag what evidence do you have that this was a attempted false flag that the CIA stopped because they like to shoot themselves in the foot like that.

Most on this site NEED a conspiracy just to live. They are so bored and fed up with their mediocre, downtrodden lives that they see a conspiracy in everything. They think they are awake but in reality they are discontented with how blow average they really are......

They think terrorists are a figment of EVERYONE elses imagination and that its really some shadowy government NWO Illuminati plot.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

all I'm saying is you guys are confusing false flags with cause-effect conspiracy. If you hold such a dim view of the US, then surely you would acknowledge the US has legitmate enemies that want to do it harm ?

or does everyone love and admire the US, so every attack is a conspiracy ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join