It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

False Flag! CIA Thwarts Another Al-Qaida Underwear Bomb Plot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

So what you honestly then believe that a few hundred people cancelling their holidays is enough to vastly undermine the American Economy.

If there was a conspiracy to undermine the American economy involving a terrorist attack there are much more effective ways of going about it rather than planting stories about threats against the airline industry.

Your whole argument hear has not been thought out in the slightest you just saw an excuse to shout “FALSE FLAG” and let the flags and starts roll.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Terrorism exists,Fact 9/11 happened Fact and a terrorist network known as Al-Qa’ida were responsible. Up for debate.

Why would a would be terrorist go to such great lengths making a stupid underwear bomb....to bomb something they know very well has the most stringent public security in the US.

They could much more easily spark fear into the hearts of the citizens by buying guns/ammo/armor from the local sporting goods store, walking down to the day care/elementary school/ high school/ rec center/ shopping mall...and laying waste. Its not hard. It's not as if they care if they get caught/killed...hell they were going to blow themselves up!

Why target only holiday fliers when the easiest targets are right in the open. Them some pretty stupid terrorists if you ask me. Terrible terrorists.......That's why it's hard to believe this is a legitimate "planed attack"

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
If this was a false-flag, the agenda may be to introduce even more intrusive "security" protocols and infringement upon privacy and liberty.

Metal detectors might not have caught the bomb...

Body scanners may have missed the bomb...

But the MOST accurate, LEAST intrusive, and LEAST expensive way to find bombs and weapons is sniffer dogs!!!

Constructive Solutions: TSA, Full-body Scanners, and "Grope-downs"

• Train and utilize massive amounts of Detection/Sniffer Dogs. All of those TSA agents getting off on frisking people can now have a specialized dog to play with instead! And if the cost is too high, I think Homeland Security can make it happen... I mean, every policy is in the "best intrest and security" for us.... right?
But the detection dogs are awesome! They can smell all categories of explosives and even firearms! Sniffer dogs can find any kind of drugs too. The dogs can even smell large amounts of DVDs and CDs used in bootlegging. Dogs can even smell for large amounts of cash currency, that would help crackdown on counterfeiting and laundering. These dogs are so great they can even smell for cancers and other diseases. Dogs are perfect sniffers, we bred them that way for hunting animals and even finding little mushrooms in the ground!

edit on 5/7/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

The dogs would offend those of
some *cultures* who hate them....
So of course they have to do tricks like this
and touch your junk because offending
or racially profiling is such a bad thing...

Listen we will never know if this was a true
event or just a statistic for them to throw out
like they are doing something..

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

Why would a would be terrorist go to such great lengths making a stupid underwear bomb....to bomb something they know very well has the most stringent public security in the US.

For a number of reasons,

Firstly to prove that they can still hit at the heart of America even where it is at its most secure. Airlines have long been a target for terrorist there is a massive historical president for attacking airlines. Also let’s not forget that even with all their security the terrorists on several occasions since 9/11 managed to get a bomb onto a plane or they have got very close to it and it only takes one guy to get lucky once to get a bomb on a plane then detonate it to have a massive propaganda effect on the public. There are many reasons why public transport, particularly airlines make for such a tempting target for terrorists.

Just to note, Islamic terrorists would avoid attacking any type of school as you have suggested also the other types of attacks that you have discussed have been attempted or planed.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The last "panty bomber" was all but proven to be a CIA false flag operation. I can't believe they are so friggin' stupid as to try to foist the same sh** on us a second time. We need to rid America ourselves of the plague that has become our ABC agencies in America. The think tanks within the Military Industrial Complex have become so arrogant and absurd that their empire is slowly circling the drain. You cannot deceive, manipulate and kill people and expect to do so forever. The universe doesn't work that way. They have gotten away with murder for too long.

link   
There's a lot of ETs on ATS. (avatars I mean)

The alien agenda seems so much like the NWO agenda.

link   
And the propaganda machine spins faster... preludes to yet another war. When will the west have enough blood?
edit on 7-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

link   

So what you honestly then believe that a few hundred people cancelling their holidays is enough to vastly undermine the American Economy.

If there was a conspiracy to undermine the American economy involving a terrorist attack there are much more effective ways of going about it rather than planting stories about threats against the airline industry.

Your whole argument hear has not been thought out in the slightest you just saw an excuse to shout “FALSE FLAG” and let the flags and starts roll.

Man, you are crabby today

Do I believe "that a few hundred...." no. But it may have been an attempt to do so.

Don't you have something better to do? Like, watching MSNBC or something?

And how do you know what I think? Trust me, I gave it full thought. Not that I care what you think.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
This can't get more obvious, IMHO, of another False Flag attempt by our government.

##snipped##

Oh, the timing is so perfect, isn't it?

On the eve of what will be known as the "Summer of Discontent" and a 2012 Election. Perfect timing!

Scare the masses!

edit on 7/5/2012 by Sauron because: all caps in title to lower case, replaced internal quote tags to external quote tags

I hate to say this...I really-really do...but when I saw the reports on this today, I thought the exact same thing..."How convenient"...

The public has been getting a little bold in their disgust with the airport treatment and were starting to get vocal about it. Some Senators and Congressmen were beginning to get involved...and now..."Oh we have another threat...must tighten the vice even more now'

I don't fly anymore. If I can't drive there, I don't go.

It amazes me how chicken sh!t so many Americans have become...we used to be "Billy Badd @sses" but we about a buncha big fat wimps now..."I'm scared...I am SOO important...I can't die...strip everyone's rights away to protect me"...

F'ing sad is what it is....man up people...stop sacrificing Liberty for security...Remember the New Hampshire Creed "Live free or die"...How about Patrick Henry "Give me Liberty or Give me Death".

People need to stop being p*ssies...when it's time to go...try to go with some freaking dignity...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vardoger

Terrorism exists,Fact 9/11 happened Fact and a terrorist network known as Al-Qa’ida were responsible. Up for debate.

They could much more easily spark fear into the hearts of the citizens by buying guns/ammo/armor from the local sporting goods store, walking down to the day care/elementary school/ high school/ rec center/ shopping mall...and laying waste. Its not hard. It's not as if they care if they get caught/killed...hell they were going to blow themselves up!

Why target only holiday fliers when the easiest targets are right in the open. Them some pretty stupid terrorists if you ask me. Terrible terrorists.......That's why it's hard to believe this is a legitimate "planed attack"

I completely agree with you. Your better scenario makes sense.

However, I will use an analogy.

Technology that you see today is about 7-10 years old. The companies that manufacture technology only spoon feed the public for as long as that technology can generate a profit. When a particular technology starts to lose popularity, they reach into their bag of tricks and bring out the next great gadget to spark interest and sales.

Same thing with Terrorists. They know they can pull off your scenario. And while I believe your scenario has already been planned, they, the terrorists will wait until the rest of their terror activities have diminished their effectiveness, THEN launch the next level of fear attacks -- your scenario.

The goal of terrorism is to create terror for as long as possible. So until their current methods are 100% stopped, they will not move on to the next method until they have exhausted the effectiveness of their current methods.

The underwear bomb is just in its early phase. The first one failed due to a trigger mechanism failure. Then enter the second generation. And now a third being introduced is the use of the body cavity, i.e. stomach / abdomen, to be stuffed with explosives to be completely undetectable to our current screening methods.

So while your scenario makes perfect sense, they will not exploit it until they absolutely have to.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Oh, and one more thing.

I do not participate in ATS for some sort of BEAUTY contest regarding Stars and Flags.

I am here to debate, invent, and vent. I enjoy the camaraderie that ATS offers. I could care less how well I am decorated.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why can we not have a discussion about terrorism on ATS without claiming it’s all a false flag and the government are behind everything. Terrorism exists, 9/11 happened and a terrorist network known as Al-Qa’ida were responsible.

Lets stop talking about terrorism in terms of the conspiracy fantasy world and lets discuss it in the real world.

This is getting so frustrating, why OP, Why do you think this is a false flag what evidence do you have that this was a attempted false flag that the CIA stopped because they like to shoot themselves in the foot like that.

Why indeed.

The CIA admits that it hired Iranians in the 1950's to pose as Communists and stage bombings in Iran in order to turn the country against its democratically-elected prime minister

As admitted by the U.S. government, recently declassified documents show that in the 1960's, the American Joint Chiefs of Staff signed off on a plan to blow up AMERICAN airplanes (using an elaborate plan involving the switching of airplanes), and also to commit terrorist acts on American soil, and then to blame it on the Cubans in order to justify an invasion of Cuba...

Former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Hugh Shelton says that a Clinton cabinet member proposed letting Saddam kill an American pilot as a pretext for war in Iraq

U.S. intelligence officers are reporting that some of the insurgents in Iraq are using recent-model Beretta 92 pistols, but the pistols seem to have had their serial numbers erased. The numbers do not appear to have been physically removed; the pistols seem to have come off a production line without any serial numbers. Analysts suggest the lack of serial numbers indicates that the weapons were intended for intelligence operations or terrorist cells with substantial government backing. Analysts speculate that these guns are probably from either Mossad or the CIA.

A retired 27-year CIA analyst who prepared and presented Presidential Daily Briefs and served as a high-level analyst for several presidents, would not put it past the government to "play fast and loose" with terror alerts and warnings and even events themselves in order to rally people behind the flag

Source

And the list could go on and on...

Sorry for getting a little off topic OP. But I do agree with your view on this.

edit on 5/7/2012 by Klassified because: missed one.

edit on 5/7/2012 by Klassified because: eta

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
You people and your false flags. A failed plot is not false flag because it will get all of one 24 hour news cycle and be forgotten. What the hell would be the point?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Kurt Haskell :

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Just seen this being reported on sky news,really...i mean really "They do not yet know the identity of the bomber or if he had bought a ticket",bit like saying you have foiled a murder plot because you found a knife and binned it!

However i do find it rather convenient,too convenient.Coupled with an elderly hostage calling to obama for help and the elections coming up

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I think Haskel's testimony ( star that Bull) and the part where the FBI tried to get him to change his testimony and the way he wasn't called to the defense in the first underwear bomber's trial pretty much says it all.

any one who thinks this is real terror is obviously alCIAduh

edit on 7-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Oh, no, I'm scared, what do I do!?

I think we need new legislation that will further nullify the constitution.

Yeah! That'll make us safer!

*Hides in his blanket fort and turns on fox news*

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This story is like the U.S. government "reminding" the people that they should still be scared, looks like their Frankenstein creation still has life left in it yet.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Here is one angle no one has said yet. Maybe it is a false flag but not ours. It could be an al-Qaida flase flag. Rememer it was said that they did not get the bomber but only found the device. Think about it for a minute. With everyone on edge you do not have to act but just say "BOO". Al-Qaida could just be playing mind games. Letting stuff be found. The whole thing feels wrong.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
FBI says it posed no threat as the bomb didn't make it to any plane.
That the guy hadn't bought a ticket but it was definitely a device that could that have gone through the body scanners without being detected.
Do they have body scanners in Yemen ?
What's the point in taking a device on a plane then getting off in the US and trying to get past a body scanner?

The FBI also said that they'll need to use new technology to help with these situations.
So that should be out within a few weeks in my opinion.

Why don't they just ask the CIA to stop all this messing about and then our airports can get back to the way they used to be.

I used to love flying and going to the airport.
Now it's like lining up for an identity parade when you're innocent.

False- flag !

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join