Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

False Flag! CIA Thwarts Another Al-Qaida Underwear Bomb Plot

page: 1
18
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This can't get more obvious, IMHO, of another False Flag attempt by our government.




WASHINGTON (AP/The Blaze) — The CIA thwarted an ambitious plot by al-Qaida’s affiliate in Yemen to destroy a U.S.-bound airliner using a bomb with a sophisticated new design around the one-year anniversary of the killing of Osama bin Laden, The Associated Press has learned.

The plot involved an upgrade of the underwear bomb that failed to detonate aboard a jetliner over Detroit on Christmas 2009. This new bomb was also designed to be used in a passenger’s underwear, but this time al-Qaida developed a more refined detonation system, U.S. officials said.

The FBI is examining the latest bomb to see whether it could have passed through airport security and brought down an airplane, officials said. They said the device did not contain metal, meaning it probably could have passed through an airport metal detector. But it was not clear whether new body scanners used in many airports would have detected it.

The would-be suicide bomber, based in Yemen, had not yet picked a target or bought his plane tickets when the CIA stepped in and seized the bomb, officials said. It’s not immediately clear what happened to the alleged bomber.




SOURCE

Oh, the timing is so perfect, isn't it?

On the eve of what will be known as the "Summer of Discontent" and a 2012 Election. Perfect timing!

Scare the masses!




edit on 7/5/2012 by Sauron because: all caps in title to lower case, replaced internal quote tags to external quote tags




posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I was just thinking this mate, how can terrorists be so Hardcore yet so bad at wrecking havoc. It makes no sense are UK/US secret services so good that they foil every single plot? its not that i question whether or not there are true Jihadi's or other religious extremists, but it seems like either they are really not very good at their chosen profession, or it stinks of False Flag.

Hypothetically if i wanted to be a terrorist i could do better, i think most people could! the internet provides many answers and reading up will help you learn how to cover your tracks. I vote false flag, many conspiracy theories i find a bit way out, but seriously are we that good we catch them every time? idk whether that is possible.



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
What makes it so far fetched?
Do you actually believe that there is zero terrorists against the U.S?
I don't consider underwear bombs significant enough to be a false flag.
Wouldn't the government want this to be exploited through every media outlet if it were in fact a false flag?
So far this is all I've heard of it.
edit on 7-5-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Why can we not have a discussion about terrorism on ATS without claiming it’s all a false flag and the government are behind everything. Terrorism exists, 9/11 happened and a terrorist network known as Al-Qa’ida were responsible.

Lets stop talking about terrorism in terms of the conspiracy fantasy world and lets discuss it in the real world.

This is getting so frustrating, why OP, Why do you think this is a false flag what evidence do you have that this was a attempted false flag that the CIA stopped because they like to shoot themselves in the foot like that.



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Orwellian powers that be!

Animal Farm - its all rhetoric & satire they way they pull off their terror plots

now that they've al-qaeda'd (taken a big wide load dump) all over the mideast and paradoxically convinced American sheople the mideast was behind it all - so they will always be even if they've most all been killed off like the...

Native Americans





posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Yeah, and they probably convinced him to do it, trained him how and gave him the supplies. Or is that only an FBI thing?

I bet they call for more body scanners now


reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin
 

Because real terrorists can't be this sloppy... Even 9/11 could have easily been stopped but they let it happen. Real terrorists could waltz across the Mexican border and kill dozens just like the cartels before anyone even realized they were there. There are millions of targets yet every time they target planes.. Real terrorists would realize that infiltration is much more effective than overtly just blowing crap up, and that it would cause significantly more terror. The unibomber was more effective at paralyzing an entire nation than these "trained terrorists" and didn't have to sacrifice his life doing it over and over. It would accomplish nothing to have actually succeeded in his plan if it was genuine. They hate our government but target civilians every time? Does that make any sense to you?

To the government it would just be a headline that quickly fades from memory and might even cause more americans to join the government in their fight. Which doesn't make sense to me, or many others
edit on 7-5-2012 by Monsatan because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack
 


Yeah.
Too much of a coincidence to me.
A few friends and I were saying something like this would probably happen around the anniversary of the supposed assassination of Bin Laden.



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
What makes it so far fetched?
Do you actually believe that there is zero terrorists against the U.S?
I don't consider underwear bombs significant enough to be a false flag.
Wouldn't the government want this to be exploited through every media outlet if it were in fact a false flag?
So far this is all I've heard of it.
edit on 7-5-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)


Not at all, man. In fact, the opposite.

I think the underwear bomb hits a totally different set of demographic -- the vacationer, the business executive, -- who fly.

Just in time for the beginning of the vacation season, they release this story to suppress the masses and invoke fear of flying.

How many people do you think will cancel their vacation flying plans now? A lot if they are scare enough.

And, what a perfect way to FURTHER SUPPRESS the US Economy -- put a damper on tourism.

If you believe, like I do, that there is a conspiracy to shut down the US Economy by "those within" you will believe that this is a false flag to further achieve that goal.



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Why can we not have a discussion about terrorism on ATS without claiming it’s all a false flag and the government are behind everything. Terrorism exists, 9/11 happened and a terrorist network known as Al-Qa’ida were responsible.

Lets stop talking about terrorism in terms of the conspiracy fantasy world and lets discuss it in the real world.

This is getting so frustrating, why OP, Why do you think this is a false flag what evidence do you have that this was a attempted false flag that the CIA stopped because they like to shoot themselves in the foot like that.





Well, this is a Conspiracy discussion board, friend. What else do you want to discuss? Cupcakes and Lolipops?



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don't think you really understand a false flag attack

when hitler invaded poland after claiming polish forces attacked germany, that was a false flag operation. the himmler plan had german troops dressed as polish troops attacking german targets

your projecting a nefarious plot onto an event in your mind does not make it a false flag

and thet fact that it was thwarted just makes it kinda funny tbh



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Obviously this is a governmental attempt to aquire more power for TSA. Just think, we will soon be forced to walk through full body scanners that allow the operator to view us in the nude, and they will be doing whole body searches on small children and old ladies- the implications are mind numbing. Oops, sarcasm. I think that the term False Flag has been mis-used and abused.



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If this was a false-flag, the agenda may be to introduce even more intrusive "security" protocols and infringement upon privacy and liberty.

Metal detectors might not have caught the bomb...

Body scanners may have missed the bomb...

But the MOST accurate, LEAST intrusive, and LEAST expensive way to find bombs and weapons is sniffer dogs!!!

Constructive Solutions: TSA, Full-body Scanners, and "Grope-downs"


• Train and utilize massive amounts of Detection/Sniffer Dogs. All of those TSA agents getting off on frisking people can now have a specialized dog to play with instead! And if the cost is too high, I think Homeland Security can make it happen... I mean, every policy is in the "best intrest and security" for us.... right?
But the detection dogs are awesome! They can smell all categories of explosives and even firearms! Sniffer dogs can find any kind of drugs too. The dogs can even smell large amounts of DVDs and CDs used in bootlegging. Dogs can even smell for large amounts of cash currency, that would help crackdown on counterfeiting and laundering. These dogs are so great they can even smell for cancers and other diseases. Dogs are perfect sniffers, we bred them that way for hunting animals and even finding little mushrooms in the ground!


edit on 5/7/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Why can we not have a discussion about terrorism on ATS without claiming it’s all a false flag and the government are behind everything. Terrorism exists, 9/11 happened and a terrorist network known as Al-Qa’ida were responsible.

Lets stop talking about terrorism in terms of the conspiracy fantasy world and lets discuss it in the real world.

This is getting so frustrating, why OP, Why do you think this is a false flag what evidence do you have that this was a attempted false flag that the CIA stopped because they like to shoot themselves in the foot like that.





Ok, lets discuss it in the real world.

Do you think that this is the ONLY threat that the agencies have uncovered in the past 2-3 years? Or do you think there are others? And if you believe this is the ONLY threat that has been uncovered, really?

No, they (TPTB) only release these types of news snippets at TIMED intervals, and for a reason. Otherwise, they either release ALL the news or NONE of the news.

Right?

I have no proof. I am speculating. Which, is what 99.9999% of the threads on ATS are -- SPECULATION



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack
 


Please tell me you don’t honestly believe that there are tens of thousands of people now across America that are now planning on cancelling their holidays because of this thwarted attack. If you do you really are just playing into all the American stereotypes us Europeans hold about Americans.



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I predict that in the near future, the TSA will want to touch “your junk man”.
edit on 7-5-2012 by IndieA because: sp



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
If this was a false-flag, the agenda may be to introduce even more intrusive "security" protocols and infringement upon privacy and liberty.

Metal detectors might not have caught the bomb...

Body scanners may have missed the bomb...

But the MOST accurate, LEAST intrusive, and LEAST expensive way to find bombs and weapons is sniffer dogs!!!

Constructive Solutions: TSA, Full-body Scanners, and "Grope-downs"


• Train and utilize massive amounts of Detection/Sniffer Dogs. All of those TSA agents getting off on frisking people can now have a specialized dog to play with instead! And if the cost is too high, I think Homeland Security can make it happen... I mean, every policy is in the "best intrest and security" for us.... right?
But the detection dogs are awesome! They can smell all categories of explosives and even firearms! Sniffer dogs can find any kind of drugs too. The dogs can even smell large amounts of DVDs and CDs used in bootlegging. Dogs can even smell for large amounts of cash currency, that would help crackdown on counterfeiting and laundering. These dogs are so great they can even smell for cancers and other diseases. Dogs are perfect sniffers, we bred them that way for hunting animals and even finding little mushrooms in the ground!


edit on 5/7/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)


I would agree with you, but the furthering of the intrusive detection systems is just a few news stories away. Isn't that what usually happens?

Cause ---> Effect

Reason ---> Excuse

Liberties ---> Lessened



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
false flag events now especially encompass/entail..

Zion-American occult illuminati ritual sacrifices staged so as to blame on another national/religious for the damage, loss of lifer, and destruction

apparently, Mideasterns and muslims continue to be the scapegoat since Israel's inception over Palestine some 63 years ago, 9/11 some 11 years ago... and apparently as long as sheople buy into and put up with this zion/illumicorp governments' ruthless blatant nonsense.



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by phantomjack
 


Please tell me you don’t honestly believe that there are tens of thousands of people now across America that are now planning on cancelling their holidays because of this thwarted attack. If you do you really are just playing into all the American stereotypes us Europeans hold about Americans.



Not at all. Tens of thousands? No. A couple hundred? Maybe.

I am not that delusional.

But I ask that since this is a fresh news release, lets see how far it goes in the MSM and then decide whether my suspicions are correct or not.

I predict the story will catch wings, and then spread. If you remember, the original underwear bomber story caused a slow down in flying. Major? NO. Noticeable? Yes.

Its too early to call.

But did you see the movie, Act of Valor? The terrorist found a new method of making exploding vests, which were undetectable.

This is what this news story reminded me of.
edit on 7-5-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719
 




Wouldn't the government want this to be exploited through every media outlet if it were in fact a false flag?
So far this is all I've heard of it.


It's all over the news.

Notice how they assure us that there was never any danger.

Maybe that’s because there was never any bomb or it was a fake bomb probably made by a government, likely ours.

The timing is perfect.
edit on 7-5-2012 by IndieA because: addition



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I feel 105% safer..




The would-be suicide bomber, based in Yemen, had not yet picked a target or bought a plane ticket when the CIA stepped in and seized the bomb, officials said. It's not immediately clear what happened to the alleged bomber.


I'll tell you what happen to the guy...

Its not good..

Or he did not exist..

Who knows..
edit on 7-5-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)





new topics

top topics



 
18
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join