It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 high-tech ways the federal government is spying on private citizens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

They save the contents and look for patterns. Really,the Facebook thing is also looking mainly for patterns, patterns in who you know, who knows you.

The Army uses this (they use Facebook as a seed) to develop relationship graphs between people. You can get a ton of metadata that way.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by janejing89
I really think the US government or any other government does not have the right to use some methods which violate citizens' privacy,such as the use of spy gear to spy on citizens.

What have you got to hide? probably plenty otherwise you would not be worried.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm

Number One and Four are the scariest to me. They are reading all our e-mails, and our ISP's are going to keep tabs on every site we visit. It isn't bad enough that Google monitors every search we conduct, but now even if you go directly to a site, your ISP will report you if the site is on a list?

This is just crazy, for get about freedom, forget about privacy.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

not sure what's so scary about this..

Bush said they've been doing this 10yrs before he was in office and then when he was put to the ropes about sniffing email and such .. I knew it was going on back in the mid-late 90's .. but we should have suspected this from the book/movie 1984... but we don't listen to that crap any more.. it's ALL syfy !

edit on 8-5-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by finemanm

Number One and Four are the scariest to me. They are reading all our e-mails, and our ISP's are going to keep tabs on every site we visit. It isn't bad enough that Google monitors every search we conduct, but now even if you go directly to a site, your ISP will report you if the site is on a list?

This is just crazy, for get about freedom, forget about privacy.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

not sure what's so scary about this..

Bush said they've been doing this 10yrs before he was in office and then when he was put to the ropes about sniffing email and such .. I knew it was going on back in the mid-late 90's .. but we should have suspected this from the book/movie 1984... but we don't listen to that crap any more.. it's ALL syfy !

If you were tasked with ensuring the safety of the citizens of your country you would not think twice before requesting to read a suspects Email

top topics

<< 1   >>

join