It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US- CIA Thwarts New Al Qaqida underwear bomb plot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Now the TSA will be granted even more powers to grope those private parts.

Not likely.

First - this came from a foreign country. Second - this proves what I've been saying all along: The key to security is not to build an "impenetrable wall" - but to have a very effective reaction force with the ability to take proactive security measures.

The "naked scans" and other such technologies have been shown to have little/no effect on airline security, and the cost afforded these measures will soon be drawn into scrutiny.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
What's with people wanting to bomb the USA with explosives in their underwear?

Maybe that's why TSA has to do a full body pat down.

If I were a terrorist, I'd be hiding the explosives in my zimmer frame and pretend to be an old person. That way, when you get searched by TSA, you can raise bloody hell in the US media.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
You know some rich people on the upper floors of the NYC trading floors are laughing all the way to the bank while making fun of us being humiliated.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The CIA puts another underwear bomber on a plane.
How many sheeple are going to go for this again.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
How much you wanna bet that the underwear and supplies were provided by the feds and that this guy had mental issues.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I think GW said it right

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

politicalhumor.about.com...

well you can infer the intelligence of the target oddience if this wouldn't fool George the second time around
edit on 7-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

You were right, it has just been released that the guy was originally a CIA op. Once again the brains at ATS hit the nail on the head.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
^^^^^^^^ nice...

And if you're the type that has the need to dig for his bones, here's a good starter article on what a fake Al Qaeda is...

Fake Al Qaeda

I, on the other hand, always get this feeling like I've been there, read that, and generally take for granted my knowledge that most of the crap fed to us from the officials is a load of malarkey... So, my apologies if my posts are backwards in that I start with the conclusion and end with the primer.

ETA quote from the article:

"The truth is, there is no Islamic army or terrorist group called Al Qaida. And any informed intelligence officer knows this. But there is a propaganda campaign to make the public believe in the presence of an identified entity representing the 'devil' only in order to drive the TV watcher to accept a unified international leadership for a war against terrorism. The country behind this propaganda is the US . . ." -- Pierre-Henri Bunel

edit on 9-5-2012 by JRedBeard because: .

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
"Breaking News- underwear bomber thwarted"!!! It was nothing at all like the original breaking news. I was amazed as the news continued to role out. The initial reports sounded that danger was afoot. Nope, just the MSM misreporting & the gov't playing games hoping we will bite. I am sure we have all heard the story of the boy that cried wolf, what happens if something does need to be taken seriously. The public is becoming programed and it is very scary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join