It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US- CIA Thwarts New Al Qaqida underwear bomb plot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

US- CIA Thwarts New Al Qaqida underwear bomb plot

www.wcpo.com

WASHINGTON - The CIA thwarted an ambitious plot by al-Qaida's affiliate in Yemen to destroy a U.S.-bound airliner using a bomb with a sophisticated new design around the one-year anniversary of the killing of Osama bin Laden, The Associated Press has learned.

The plot involved an upgrade of the underwear bomb that failed to detonate aboard a jetliner over Detroit on Christmas 2009. This new bomb was also designed to be used in a passenger's underwear, but this time al-Qaida developed a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well those wiley idiots are at it again!

Another attempt to attack us, I cannot wait for people to think the US was behind this attempt. But all it proves to me is that the terrorists are still trying to attack, and they are a threat. Never forget, they are the enemy.

Now I believe that if this attack succeeded, this would have been even worse for all of us. I hate think of an airplane blowing up in midair and the fallout politically, and everything else. More security would be in place, and Good Lord.

www.wcpo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
So now we have a second "underwear bomber". My only thought was, now the TSA is going to be extremely invasive. If we thought people were being violated before, we ain't seen nothing yet.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Good job by the CIA, but I can't help but feel that this could lead to cavity searches at airports.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Now the TSA will be granted even more powers to grope those private parts.

More desensitizing, demoralization and treatment like animals in store.

I don't buy this story one bit tho. If the first one were true, why try again? If it were false, why even attempt it at all this time?

Peace

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
OMFG give me a break please...

Don't forget now that the weather's getting nicer that we still have problems and enemies and they're called TERRORISTS and they're gonna get us at any time.... We owe everything to the TSA and intelligence agencies for keeping us safe!!!

/ sarcasm

Get real folks... 'terrorists' don't exist
Propaganda sure does however....

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Is the CIA certain it was not just another FBI fake bomb entrapment setup? Or could the CIA have learned that trick from the FBI? It seems to work well for them.
edit on 7-5-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JRedBeard

That’s it just burry your head under the duvet embrace your ignorance and hope the monsters in your closet go away…….
edit on 7-5-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

seems to me the propaganda machine is running out of ideas...

this is just beyond silly...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The would-be suicide bomber, based in Yemen, had not yet picked a target or bought his plane tickets when the CIA stepped in and seized the bomb, officials said. It's not immediately clear what happened to the alleged bomber.

Hmmm... that's interesting, if they claim it couldn't be detected by metal detectors, and that they don't know if a body scanner would pick it up... just how did the CIA pick up on this so quickly? And I think it's clear what happened to him, he was stripped of all rights to any sort of fair trial and is probably being tortured in some hell chamber as we speak.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
After all the admitted falseflags anyone who thinks this is a real bomb plot deserves a pair of this underwear
and a real detonator

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

The would-be suicide bomber, based in Yemen, had not yet picked a target or bought his plane tickets when the CIA stepped in and seized the bomb, officials said. It's not immediately clear what happened to the alleged bomber.

Hmmm... that's interesting, if they claim it couldn't be detected by metal detectors, and that they don't know if a body scanner would pick it up... just how did the CIA pick up on this so quickly? And I think it's clear what happened to him, he was stripped of all rights to any sort of fair trial and is probably being tortured in some hell chamber as we speak.
What I found odd was that some "terrorist" was "caught" with a bomb with no plan? They say he didn't have a ticket or target???? Does that sound odd?

I call BS. I say Obummer preached to a half empty stadium this weekend. He needs a kudos story to help him in the polls. I also believe it gives Cousin Janet another reason to violate Americans.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by JRedBeard

That’s it just burry your head under the duvet embrace your ignorance and hope the monsters in your closet go away…….
edit on 7-5-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

He has a point Al Qaqida doesn't exist.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
First, my 100th Post! YAY!

Secondly, it is hard to tell as of now if this is for more propaganda and taking away of our rights. Or is it an actual terrorist.

The Alphabet gangs can most definitely fake something like this no problem, but the terrorists do have good reason to hate US. Hell a lot of citizens of this country can't stand our government. I know we don't kill our officials over it but we seem more peaceful towards each other, surprisingly, considering what we demand and force upon other nations.

I'll wait for more information before I jump to conclusions, both are possible.
edit on 7-5-2012 by AudioGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

They say he didn't have a ticket or target???? Does that sound odd

Yes it does sound odd now that you mention it. He was just sort of winging it.
Sounds like some slap bang terrorism to me.

edit: although it would make him unpredictable I guess
edit on 7-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Well if this thread is going to continue on the assumption that Al-Qa’ida does not exist then there is not much point in me continuing to contribute.

Have fun entertaining each other

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

It seems like they are the Walmart of terrorist organizations
their could be dozens of terrorist groups, depending on your definition, but seems like the MSM and our government stay to the One big terrorist group ordeal.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
When are people going to wake up and finally realize that there are people in the world who wants to kill Americans they have been doing it for a very long time.

Long before Obama long before Bush and long before Clinton they have been at war for decades America woke up to that fact then went back to sleep.

From the Lockerbie to the Uss Cole to the first world trade center attack and all parts in between and yes this is going to lead to more evasive TSA tactics.

The old saying is it only takes 1 time to get it right and sooner or later they are going to they are already experimenting with body bombs surgically implanted.

The future doesn't look to bright and the TSA will get more stupid.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Another posted here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-5-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Okay I'll bite...

Obviously autonomous psychopaths exist... see some of the school shootings and maybe the Norway massacre
And obviously organized crime exists, historically and currently.

But here's the thing... these Al-Qa’ida headlines are strait out of hollywood.
How come this sophisticated organized crime/political group hasn't laid off they're aviation and transportation division? Obviously it's a dead horse and an uphill battle... It seems like Al-Qa'ida needs a new creative director....

Look, I've never met a terrorist. I don't know anyone who has. 9/11 is full of holes and lies. The track record of this group has left me unimpressed and I don't think any of these half-assed 'terrorist' activities warrant the gross inflation of security protocols or wars abroad.

I'll give a crap about 'terrorists' when my neighbors and I have to shoot at one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join