It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP executive member asks for RNC Chair's resignation for violating rule 11. Ron Paul compensated?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by therealdemoboy

My biggest problem is their hypocritical stance of trying to "game" the system to elect RP, while bashing anyone else who is doing the same. It's politics, expect everyone to look for anything that helps their cause, just dont complain when your side is doing the same thing. It's what irks me about Democrats and Republicans, they constantly complain about others and then turn a blind eye to their side.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

cant say im surprised. what do you expect from these clowns.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pistolerooo
I never believed Ron Paul could win the nomination. Ron Paul was running a terrible 4th before people started dropping out. Romney was getting the majority of the Delegate and Caucus votes so everyone except Paul dropped out. Now, with the use of obscure tricks and and arcane rules, the Paul supporters NOW believe Ron Paul will WIN the nomination. That pretty sums up the Ron Paul Campaign, right? I heard yesterday that Paul's Campaign was going to try to get delegate wins in 5 states so Ron Paul would be able to have a place or speak or otherwise maintain some sort of importance at the RNC Convention. So, are you pushing for a win or a negotiated surrender, at the convention? What's the plan then? Think you can get the VP slot for Paul? Maybe, you can sell Paul for Secretary of Defense or Secretary of State? The problem is that Paul burned ALL of his bridges and he stated this was his last go at President, think Romney is going to give Paul a place in the next government? What do you think you will come away with? Based on what I've seen I really don't see your benefit to Romney, at all. The amount of votes that you would bring to a negotiation (based of Paul's previous showings) would not be considered a "big stick" so there is a chance that all you will end up with a long ride home.
You Ron Paul-bots can pile on now, make me sound like I don't know what I talking about and make yourself sound real smart. I do hope that there is someone who will comment about my observations and the questions I've asked.

1) take the straw polls with a grain of salt... they are easily manipulated
2) Ron Paul isn't using obscure tricks or arcane rules... this is how the delegate process works, plain and simple.
3) Ron Paul doesn't need to negotiate for any speaking roles... Just winning majority delegates from 5 state guarantees him speaking time as a nominee for the RNC
4) I seriously doubt Paul will be offered VP. After 30 years of maintaining his positions on a Constitutional Republic, I seriously doubt he's going to sell out and take a position that will have no real power to change anything. More likely, he'll continue spreading his ideas without needing any position in the upcoming administration.
5) There is no way Romney is going to beat Obama. The RNC knows this. Hell, Romney couldn't beat McCain for the 2008 nomination. The RNCs plan is to let Obama get a 2nd term and come in in 2016 and take over.

edit on 9-5-2012 by kalisdad because: spelling

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by therealdemoboy

My biggest problem is their hypocritical stance of trying to "game" the system to elect RP, while bashing anyone else who is doing the same. It's politics, expect everyone to look for anything that helps their cause, just dont complain when your side is doing the same thing. It's what irks me about Democrats and Republicans, they constantly complain about others and then turn a blind eye to their side.

You don't seem to understand the difference.

Ron Paul is using the rules of the delegate process. Whomever is passig out false slates in Nevada is breaking the rules. The RNC endorsing Ronmey when there are still multiple candidates for the nomination is against the rules. Huge difference.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
People don't seem to understand...
We are not a Democracy!

ETA

The United States of America (commonly abbreviated to the United States, the U.S., the USA, America, and the States) is a federal constitutional republic

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9-5-2012 by kalisdad because: source

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
According to the RNC party chaiman:

“Governor Romney’s strong performance and delegate count at this stage of the primary process has made him our party’s presumptive nominee,”

Let's see how that works in society:

1.) The Baseball commissioner today announced that once a team has a 6 run lead, the game will be declared over.

2.) The Olympic committee has announced that once a runner has a big lead in any race, the race will be declared over.

3.) The organizers of all marathons have announced that once a person has a lead at the 25 mile marker, that runner will be declared a winner.

You can add your own scenarios......

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

The headline was a no-brainer. After all, Dewey was the presumptive winner. Who actually turned out to be the real winner was a secondary consideration.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Originally posted by Aleister
reply to post by eLPresidente

The GOP leadership at the RNC isn't even trying to hide their connections to Romney anymore, even while the race to the nomination is ongoing and getting pretty interesting. The GOP has little sense of fairness, and the person that spoke up as a lone voice will undoubtedly find his influence in the party very diminished and his role in future decisions undercut at every turn. Welcome to the real GOP, where unity is everything and dissent is just a way of saying unrequited fairness.

Except the old timers, the ones you call the "GOP leadership" are getting kicked out to the left and right, soon the entire "GOP" will consist mostly of the Ron Paul people, the "New Timers". The GOP will be assimilated into the grand movement that will revolutionize not only the U.S, but the world. The Ron Paul revolution.

Indeed those old buzzards are having less and less of a say already, what they think matters little, they can not withstand the tides of change that are upon us all, lest they be digested and spat out like the old turds that they are.
edit on 7-5-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

That's what happened in my state, and the old timers are pissed.

We didn't write rules, but we are following them.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It looks, sounds, looks, and tastes like a Cover my own A&S over this whole RP deal...

If one of the clan in the RNC gets caught, they are all like vultures, and will turn on each other to separate the affected part from the whole (IMO)..

They have absolutely no moral conduct, or boundaries they use or believe in, in fact the entire GOP system, is very much like an old school "Mafia" club, where those of lower rank or even higher rank, will be made an "example" of if they try and drag the others down with them (RP never has taken a "taste" of it BTW), I mean lets face it..

When one is caught red-handed (which the only golden rule of the Mafia is "Don't ever get caught") then the rest of the cartel, will immediately redact his membership into the club, and to prevent him from ever wanting to squeal out the others, they make it happen in such a way with the courts, that if he pushes it, goes public, then there is a huge 6.8ft, 500 pound all muscle dude in prison called "tiny" with a third sock and shoe used to cover himself up, waiting for him in the jail (plus all his holdings will be removed from his family as well. making the remaining family members ward of the Mafia themselves, which keeps them inline every week for their pay, and are now servants of the Mafia lords themselves, as they are stripped of any status title holding they had prior to their head of the households failing "not to get caught")..

Ruthless world the government is nowadays, and the GOP, RNC, DNC are no different then another branch of the Mafia cartels we have now instead of "true" representative of the people they are "suppose" to represent and "serve"..

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join