It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP executive member asks for RNC Chair's resignation for violating rule 11. Ron Paul compensated?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+68 more 
posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Interesting turn of events, is the national GOP doing this to save face or are there actually moral human beings sitting at the GOP executive board? I guess we'll never know but it is a decent piece of news despite all of the fraud the GOP has been connected to in the 2012 election season.

www.pr.com...

“Due to violation of the RNC's Rule #11, I call for Chairman Reince Priebus to resign immediately. It is un-American and beneath the standards established by the Republican Party to violate this rule. It is unethical to support a single Republican Presidential candidate (Mitt Romney) while other Republican candidates remain in the race.

"Further, I call upon Mitt Romney to denounce this behavior and ask that the RNC repair the breach of trust by including the other remaining Republican Presidential candidate, Dr. Ron Paul, in any dispensation of funds, effort and labor.
It would benefit all Americans if Mitt Romney would further clarify the fact that 2 candidates remain if he challenged Dr. Ron Paul to a debate."

edit on 7-5-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/5/2012 by Sauron because: internal quote tags to external quote tags

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Nice! You know, I fell into a bit of a malase about RP when I saw the press just cut him from all coverage...because I know that the people aren't awake enough to withstand the onslaught of silence which the MSM has now done unabashedly.

I'm just getting really excited with what I see happening now. You know, Dr. Paul is just so smart, that guy is truly brilliant (let's just say he's no George Bush!). I just think this guy is too quick for them...I hope.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Here's what happened:

This call for resignation is based upon statements released by the RNC on 4/25/12 that said,

“Governor Romney’s strong performance and delegate count at this stage of the primary process has made him our party’s presumptive nominee,” Mr. Priebus said. “In order to maximize our efforts I have directed my staff at the R.N.C. to open lines of communication with the Romney campaign.”

and

“It’s my intention to have a seamless and complete merger between the presumptive nominee and the Republican National Committee,” Mr. Priebus said. “That means political, communications, fund-raising, research and the chairman’s office, along with the governor’s main operational team, are completely merged.”

Completely merged...
as if we didn't know that already. Notice how he speaks in past tense.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Im a troll im a troll You knew I was a comin !!!!!! Nah,,CHECK THIS OUT. ALL RON PAUL FANS, IN YOUR SPARE TIME ( I know most of you do this) write a thank you letter thanking that person for the exposure they give Dr Paul and for the fair shake , people like: Rachael Maddow ,Cavuto, Ben swann, John Stewart and whoever you can think of, copy and past if you must. I wrote my senator today thanking him. There are plenty of others, even Palin.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

The GOP leadership at the RNC isn't even trying to hide their connections to Romney anymore, even while the race to the nomination is ongoing and getting pretty interesting. The GOP has little sense of fairness, and the person that spoke up as a lone voice will undoubtedly find his influence in the party very diminished and his role in future decisions undercut at every turn. Welcome to the real GOP, where unity is everything and dissent is just a way of saying unrequited fairness.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

The GOP leadership at the RNC isn't even trying to hide their connections to Romney anymore, even while the race to the nomination is ongoing and getting pretty interesting. The GOP has little sense of fairness, and the person that spoke up as a lone voice will undoubtedly find his influence in the party very diminished and his role in future decisions undercut at every turn. Welcome to the real GOP, where unity is everything and dissent is just a way of saying unrequited fairness.

Except the old timers, the ones you call the "GOP leadership" are getting kicked out to the left and right, soon the entire "GOP" will consist mostly of the Ron Paul people, the "New Timers". The GOP will be assimilated into the grand movement that will revolutionize not only the U.S, but the world. The Ron Paul revolution.

Indeed those old buzzards are having less and less of a say already, what they think matters little, they can not withstand the tides of change that are upon us all, lest they be digested and spat out like the old turds that they are.
edit on 7-5-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Thanks for posting OP.

Well it's about time. I didn't know the GOP rules, but I found it odd that the RNC threw everything behind Romney the day Gingrich suspended - while Paul was still in the race. (Fox titled the interview "Building a road to the White House for Romney").

Priebus explained the merging of the RNC & Romney camp, & explained:
- Romney went to the RNC to meet that morning
- They'd been planning the merger for a couple of weeks
- RNC is not only endorsing, but throwing all it's resources, time & money to make sure Romney becomes the next Pres
- Job of the RNC is to put lead on the target & put an army on the ground to make sure it happens
- Says neither group (Romney or RNC) is in charge - it's a merger, working together

link to interview

On another note: Fox actually announced today that Paul tied Romney's delegates.
edit on 7-5-2012 by AtlasShrugging because: danged keyboard can't spell

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Now if we could just get a Ron Paul supporter in to take his place...

... to much to hope for?

ETA, keep up the great work, really appreciate all you do on ATS and for Ron Paul.
edit on 8-5-2012 by pianopraze because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Let's see what happens. Maybe a RP supporter will get the seat.

The more of this news comes out... the more optimistic I get.

And im highly optimistic at this point.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Regardless of the outcome of this situation, or others, the RNC in August is going to be smashing.

Ron Paul deserves an equal chance, like everyone else. I thought we didn't discriminate in the US?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BBobb

Nice! You know, I fell into a bit of a malase about RP when I saw the press just cut him from all coverage...because I know that the people aren't awake enough to withstand the onslaught of silence which the MSM has now done unabashedly.

I'm just getting really excited with what I see happening now. You know, Dr. Paul is just so smart, that guy is truly brilliant (let's just say he's no George Bush!). I just think this guy is too quick for them...I hope.

The 'Voters News Service' replaced the "News Voting Service". This is a slight of hand they always use, name something similar so that the average joe doesn't know they are different. The Voting news service counted the election votes and was reputable and independent (allegedly). The 'Voters News Service' is the current group of media corporations that are owned by none other than Rothschild.

What they are doing is called Voting fraud.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
what great news to go to sleep on. THanks OP, now I can rest happy tonight

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Finally ron paul may be able to force the media to cover him. Given his blatant success throughout the nation.

The media is a strong beast to overcome, as illustrated in this well made report, good graphics and if you watch it to the end... a twist.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Now if we could just get a Ron Paul supporter in to take his place...

... to much to hope for?

ETA, keep up the great work, really appreciate all you do on ATS and for Ron Paul.
edit on 8-5-2012 by pianopraze because: (no reason given)

How about just a good old fashion American Public supporter?
How about someone that is just fair and supportive of all canidates?
That would be nice enough.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Perhaps those at the top see their own demise and are trying to play nice with the Ron Paul supporters.

That was just a theory but those in power will do anything to stay in power.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Depends...if the RNC chairman is selected by the executive board then not a chance. If the RNC chairman is nominated and voted on my delegates at the RNC, that is where things will get interesting.

But it is all based on if the Chairman will actually resign, he might though since he just got called out.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Wow, this is disgusting.

America's election process looks just as corrupt as a third world dictatorship...

The RNC should be ashamed...and the journalists from the MSM involved in this should be stripped of their post-secondary diplomas and forced to find new jobs for failing to uphold the moral ethics of their profession...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I'm not a Ron Paul supporter, and would choose Romney over him, but I will say this. When Obama ran and promised change I knew he was a fraud, and believe I have been proven right. I think Ron Paul is genuine, I will give him that.

On that note, there is basically zero chance he gets the nomination, but the RNC should still be treating it as a two horse race. However, many of you are pushing for his supporters to basically go against the wishes of the voters in order to get your way. I don't dislike Ron Paul, his supporters tend to disgust me.
edit on 8-5-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Read as if spoken by George Herbert Walker Bush

"It would not be prudent for the American people to carry on a flirtation with a candidate who has stated publicly on network television that the CIA, one of the most important institutions safeguarding the security of this nation, has trafficked drugs into this country. That is an outrageous statement. I won't dignify it with a response except to say that over my dead body . . . I have a 2 trillion dollar war chest . . . if anybody thinks that they can drag me into a courthouse in this country on that charge . . . that God damned Hinckley didn't spend enough time at the range . . . Barbara, get me a scotch, dammit!"
edit on 8-5-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join