It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOHO down. "Emergency Sun Reacquisition" mode. Lost the Sun. Seismos down as well

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Hee hee, solar ham uses the same data so it was also not updating either however it appears that SOHO is now back up.

BUT that leaves the question HOW did it 'lose' the Sun; What ere they hiding while it was down since the UV etc shots to not show the same things; Why is the magnetosphere model gone; Why is possibly one of the most important volcanic seismos in the Cascades STILL down - VALT is still not up, TDH (Mount Hood) has gone down again, GPW (Glacier Peak) is down again as are RCM and RSC (Mt Rainier)

The most important volcanic seismos in the US apart from Jellystone are currently blind again. Seems that other seismos in the UW network such as OSD are also intermittent and not available today.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't any quake large enough to be of significance show up on numerous seismic posts all over the country/world? so I don't see the significance of one particular post being down when others are working fine...?

Also, with SOHO, it's a bit hard to hide something when you keep the SDO and STEREO satellites up and running, innit?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Funny...there's a front page post talking about an large unknown object being near the sun as well!

I'm up in the air on this either way, but a lot of funny coincidences lately

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Seeing comets making 30 degree turns and what looks like a "Klingon Ship" in a few shots would possibly raise concens that something is happening near our sun and wish to hide it until it's all clear..

I'd share the pics, but don't have any online photo storage site.. maybe in the future..

Just when I was intrigued with what I was finding..
edit on 8-5-2012 by Willbert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Seriously...

The Sun's fine.

Latest SDO image:

edit on 8/5/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Seriously... The Sun's fine.

It can't be fine.
I was looking at this thread, and figured out that an alien ship came up to the sun, stuck some kind of hose into it and sucked all of it up to use for fuel.

So now this thread says the sun disappeared, I'm kind of worried. It is sort of cold and dark here today.....

No really!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
It seems that SOHO has lost the Sun and has gone into reacquisition mode.

NOTE: LACK OF DATA UPDATES. SOHO went into "Emergency Sun Reacquisition" mode on Friday May 4, 2012, caused by a false trigger of the Coarse Sun Pointing Attitude Anomaly Dector. We are working on the recovery of the spacecraft to normal mode. Nominal science operations should be re-established in the next couple of days.

Source

But it is not just SOHO. Several of the Cascades seismograph stations have been very intermittent of late and current VALT - possibly the most important one on Mt St Helens - is still down after about 6 days.

I keep a record of many the Cascades seismograms which you can access from here

It just seems odd that these things are all down at the same time.

I assume that Coarse Sun Pointing Attitude Anomaly Dector.meant Detector, but what anomaly has thrown it off so it has lost it. Hell it is big enough!

Anyone have any idea how this SOHO stuff works? The seismos seem to be getting affected all at the same time - all the cascades ones go down at once until the past couple of days and now it is just VALT.

HAARP has been off line for ages today as well.

If this was a conspiracy site I would be saying "what are they covering up?". Oh wait it is. What are they covering up?

edit on 7/5/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

Wow, nice catch. I do hope it's nothing.... how strange for it all to be down at the same time? Fingers crossed, though ... was just saying in another thread yesterday that I bet that Oregon or near there will have a big quake in the near future, but I hope not, vacationing on the coast there and in northern california for a couple of weeks in July.

Thanks for posting

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

so I don't see the significance of one particular post being down when others are working fine...?

It is very significant because volcanic quakes are (a) not large and would not show on distant seismos and (b) any volcanic tremor will not show up at distance either, nor will HT. Since EVERY single one of the seismos around Mt Rainier are down for example so this is a problem.

Now it is possible that it is just the availability that is down, that is something I cannot tell.

Also, with SOHO, it's a bit hard to hide something when you keep the SDO and STEREO satellites up and running, innit?

SDO is not SOHO, neither is STEREO and they show different things. Perhaps you need to brush up on your siesmology and tecnical information?

edit on 8/5/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

By the way if you read SOHO is back up today so

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

The Cascades seismos are down again today - all of them. RER, RCM, RSC, TDH, VALT, JUN, OSD to mention just a few.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Any Idea why they would all be out? do they operate on the same sat? maybe the sat linked with SOHO took a hit from something. Asteroid maybe?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Im sure this timing is unrelated, But,.. the PLC's for three of the presses in our building all freaked out yesterday morning at the same time.. none of these are connected to the net. was kinda odd..
Maybe the photon belt were are entering is starting to mess with stuff

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

To be honest I don't know if they are satellite or microwave. I think it is possible they are microwave. What is so strange is that it is ONLY the volcano related ones that seem to be out. I would not have thought that Hood, Rainier and St Helens would be using the same micro wave because of the distance between them so maybe it is satellite. Actually hold on while I check something.

I'm back.

I just checked LKWY in Yellowstone since I know for certain that has a satellite link. That one is working fine.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Because they left me out and thought they would win. Dumbasses walk away from the Best they have every time and tell you to shut up and quit reading and quit watching television. Do you know how many times they have made it so I can't watch the news just because they know how much I can change your world. These people are the most worthless #s I have ever met. I mean you got Al Gore with my Nobel Peace prize. Steven Hawkings saying he's the one who changed physics bullshyt I changed physics.
edit on 8-5-2012 by Atisha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

i dont think its the sun we should be worrying about.its what was unleashed by it while soho was down.if you look at the stereo data the sun was very active during the time soho was down.seriously it looked as though a cme came off the sun in every direction.it kinda looked like one of those spiralling fireworks that spin in a cirlce.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

stuck some kind of hose into it and sucked all of it up to use for fuel.

Ah ha, now you have it. This explains why it is so cold and grey today and there is no Sun.

Obviously the images on the SDO and STEREO are just fakes.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

SDO and SOHO have a few similarities, the most significant for this thread, being that they both observe the sun from an earth perspective.

SDO also is 15 years more advanced than SOHO and sees the sun considerably better than SOHO ever could.

So whatever is meant to be hidden on SOHO, would have to be hidden on SDO too.

As for brushing up, I did say "correct me if I'm wrong" in regards to the seismic stuff.

No need for me to brush up on SOHO, SDO and STEREO though.

edit on 8/5/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

The Cascades seismos are down again today - all of them. RER, RCM, RSC, TDH, VALT, JUN, OSD to mention just a few.

What's very interesting about this is the fact that Mt. Rainier has been somewhat active in the past year or two. Wasn' t it a year or so ago that they had dangerous areas around the mountain in the winter because big chunks of its snowpack and glacial ice were falling or melting off? I'll have to find the link for that, I know I saw it before, but they weren't sure if it was just normal activity or not.

Anyway, do you think that any of those quakes off of the NW coast and the amount of seismicity that's been see in WA over the past 6-12 months could be an indicator that something might be going on below ground that's all connected or is it just coincidental?

ETA: Here's the link, found it:

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Yes Rainier is a very unstable mountain with a lot of crumbling rock. It is also a massive complex.

I doubt if anything will happen while the seismos are down, but these things can happen quite quickly abd to be blind over such a large area is not good.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

One all then I guess?

No offence intended.

The seismos are a worry. I really do hope they are still sending data. I can't get them through IRIS BUD, the SEED files are not available, so I am afraid that this probably indicates that they actually are down. Not sure how much storage is available on the dataloggers if this is the case. Hopefully lots!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

No offense taken.

Don't think there's a more knowledgable person round here when it comes to the science of earthquakeology.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join