It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple sequel to '1984' commercial featured Steve Jobs as FDR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Wow. This is quite an interesting find. Only after the death of Steve Jobs does this surface?

Craig Elliott, who worked at Apple from 1985 to 1996, says he has "never seen (the film) anywhere else" and that there has been "no additional circulation" as far as he knows.

The 8-and-a-half-minute video, called “1944,” is a continuation of the concept used for the now iconic 1984 “Big Brother” ad that aired during the Super Bowl. While IBM remains the enemy, this followup film takes place during World War II -- making it a prequel of sorts.

From the video description...

EXCLUSIVE: Watch Steve Jobs play FDR in Apple's long-lost takeoff on famous '1984' Macintosh TV commercial As seen on: www.networkworld.com...

This was the commercial that introduced the Apple Macintosh Computer to the world.

Article Source

Original Source

ETA: I thought I put this in "chit-chat". Mods, please move if necessary. Thanks!
edit on 5/7/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Lot of history in that. I love it when they say, "We don't talk about 3." meaning, for you youngsters, the sequel to the Apple ][, the Apple ///, which was an abysmal failure.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Lot of history in that. I love it when they say, "We don't talk about 3." meaning, for you youngsters, the sequel to the Apple ][, the Apple ///, which was an abysmal failure.

I also basked in the history. What a fun way to motivate employees.

I still have my Apple II. The only thing that ever gets loaded is Oregon Trail. I keep it and my Commodore for nostalgic reasons.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This was the first time I have seen that 1944 video for Mac against the enemy that was IBM. From a marketing standpoint I have to agree with the sense that by using such an event as World War II, which had been the crucible America emerged out of as a superpower, Apple was sending the message that a new day was coming.

IBM had long been the solidified company. So well were its foundations that I have heard of agreements between the company and Nazi Germany (see: www.ibmandtheholocaust.com... among others). This ad is a piece of advertising history in itself.

new topics

top topics

join