It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 Terrorists on trial. Do you want Justice or Revenge?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jlm912

I'm totally with you on this one.
Where is the proof on any of this ?

19 Hijackers
Bin Laden
Iraq
Afghanistan
Tortured prisoners in Guantanamo

All accused.
None have been found guilty........yet.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
To the Tenth Power said everything I could have in this thread. Everything I want to say but somehow cannot manage the right words. He (or she I do not know) said it right.

I cannot explain.I just tried, and I cannot explain... the tenth power said it right.... this is all...

everything that has happened is wrong on every level of wrong. I was born into it, lived every day of my life through it. Everything that has happened is pure evil.

I am not a terrorist. So I can stand and say, everything was wrong. While holding my head up high.
edit on 7-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
reply to post by jlm912

Just checked the new topics page first headline was about al-queida trying to use underwater bombs against us, we stopped them...this time. Let's see means,check. Motive,check.Opportunity check. STILL trying to kill us?check.

Still creating false-flags........check.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

OK I had to give you a star for that one.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Forgive me. I was only trying to follow your logic displayed here. I do humbly thank you for your intention of defending my rights, though, but I think you're illusioned if you fought in the wars of the past decade thinking you were truly defending my rights. Just my opinion, and in light of my previous disrespect I don't expect you respect it.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

reply to post by lambros56

OK I had to give you a star for that one.

Thanks man.......you got one back !

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jlm912

Believe me that thought has crossed my mind,not at the time, but in retrospect. When i enlisted Desert Shield was still months away. And even I have to ask myself whether what I want is justice or revenge.Or if in this case they may be one in the same. I guess the real question is intent.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
How about justice for those who were beheaded,raped,murdered,acid thrown in their faces,stoned to death.

Mercy and compassion only go so far until you reach karmic justice.

Bad things happens to good people but those are not good people they are the most vile evil men that has ever lived on the face of this earth.

Justice!

Revenge is nothing more than an eye or an eye a tooth for a tooth and I think we have all had enough of religion to last us a life time.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Every country has a tiger's tail. Pull it enough times it will bite back. Although we consider these men fanatics and terrorists, their beliefs no matter how extreme is their way of life. The U.S. needs to start listening to Ron Paul and take his foreign policy seriously. He's the only government insider that has watched and listened to U.S. foreign positioning in the middle east from current to past administrations. He's the only government official who is speaking the truth about why we are creating so many enemies overseas.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I think that Ron Paul would definitly want justice and not revenge. All politics aside he just radiates kindness and wisdom. Personally I may lean toward Revenge but thinking about what Ron Paul would do makes me want to re-think my position. WWRPD?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I would let them go,

Not that I think they actually did it, or at least not willfully.

But if they did they have justification. We have been bombing them for decades killing millions of innocent people.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

Did you just say they have justification for the 9/11 attacks? Really?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Tell that to the antelope that gets eaten by the lion. The difference between man and beast is that we have a conceptual ability to impose a belief of right or wrong o questions of survival. Westerners have been brainwashed into thinking that we can discuss our way out of every dilema. Mao had it right. Power comes out of the barrel of a gun. More importantly it falls to those who are more willing to use the gun to achieve their aims. No amount of wishing will change that until man evolves beyond and intellectual self deception is NOT evolution. I seriously we will ever reach the point where the strong will not devour the weak.

reply to post by The_Oracle

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
That is one of the most absurd canards ever foisted on a sucker world. Do you seriously believe Hitler would not have overrun Russia in WWII if Russia had not replied with violence? How many Carthaginians do you see in the world today? Want to know why? Because the Romans used violence to end their threat. The list is endless. Sometimes violence does result in a violent reaction to violence but to make a blanket statement like yours is the worst sort of delusion thinking.

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by abe froman

Violence only begets more violence. And who do you think stands more to lose ? They are fanatics, those who potentially might avenge them could do even more damage.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
A littel revenge would be just. What more do you want to prove their guilt? A signed confession? They bragged about it/ Good enough for me.

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I'll take A please.

Firstly, Justice for those who tortured these men ( I don't care what you think about them, NOBODY deserves water boarding or any other sensory deprevation treatment, it's a mindset no better than your enemie's)

Secondly, Justice for those people who can actually be proven to have had a hand in these ordeals, not just suspected and then tortued into confession.

As for revenge? No, not really. Will their deaths end terrorism? Will it provide closure to those who lost people on 9/11?

Probably not. This whole thing is a dog and pony show anyway.

~Tenth

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
They laugh at your you and think you're weak as you bleed for them. As OBL said, people bet on the strong horse. Your beliefs encourage them and egg them on toward more violence because they think you're too weak to react. Winning hearts and minds is easy when you have them by the balls. Like it or not our squeamishness encourages them. Look about you. Fear of muslim violence has lead to extreme restrictions on free speech in Europe. Grow and face the world as it is, not as you would like to it be in your your comfortable western dream world. I lived in parts of the world where violence is the only thing that settles anything. THAT my sensitive friend is how much of the world lives.

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

reply to post by tothetenthpower

So punish the jailers for torturing the murderers? That doesn't make sense. Thats like the burgler who sues the owner of the home he broke into because he slipped on a rollerskate while breaking in.

What? No No, it's not like that.

You can't compare a break in, to torture. That's an international crime, and the people who said that it was a good idea, and authorized it, should be brought to the Hague, and put on trial, for War Crimes.

Do you really think you can claim the moral high ground when you engage in the same kind of despicable acts as your enemy?

You think that helps the situation? Or does it only encourage further enemies?

I think it's the last one.

~Tenth

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
"They think you're weak as you bleed for them" is my new favorite quote.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pacific_waters

You are soooooooooooo right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I believe in fight fire with fire. Best line in The Untouchables- If he pulls a knife, you pull a gun. If he sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. Despite what your kind heart would believe, this is all these animals understand.

That sort of egotistical behaviour is why America is becoming a Nazi state.

An eye for an eye would leave the world blind.

The more you kill the more they become martyrs

The only way by winning is by talking, listening and understanding.

Because spending billions on weapons is only making foreign investors rich when it could be used for securing a future for your country
edit on 8-5-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by definity

You just cannot accept that this is an enemy that WILL NOT NEGOTIATE.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join