It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 Terrorists on trial. Do you want Justice or Revenge?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
We see now as these terrorist leaders are on trial that they mock the court, thwart their own defense team, and even taunt the surviving family members of their innocent victims.Their leader even proudly brags about personnaly decapitating Daniel Pearl, an innocent journalist who never hurt anyone. Throughout the threads I've seen apologists still trying to place blame on others and on the other hand I see bloodlust. There are those who go so far as to see the defendents as the victim and others of us who would gladly play the role of executioner. Should we sentence these "men" to prison terms and show mercy or should we enact a horrible revenge just the way they would? Justice or Revenge?
edit on 7-5-2012 by abe froman because: Caliban

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Justice.. But I don't view justice as "mercy" .. I don't expect these criminals to end up in prison, I expect they will see the firing squad.. that is what I firmly expect will happen..

I debated briefly with you in the other thread mostly because you suggested they should have a contest and let the winner pull the trigger and get pay per-view rights.. I just found that a big distasteful as a human being is all.. I don't think we have to degrade ourselves to animals in the process..

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Feel free to quote the Koran, the Bible,or the Torah.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
Feel free to quote the Koran, the Bible,or the Torah.

I'm not religious, personally - so that won't be happening from me... I'm sure it's coming though.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I believe in fight fire with fire. Best line in The Untouchables- If he pulls a knife, you pull a gun. If he sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. Despite what your kind heart would believe, this is all these animals understand.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I don't think we have to degrade ourselves to animals in the process..

Animals don't do that, humans do.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Everyone needs to understand, they won't stop until we're all dead.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Justice or Revenge ?
How about just the Truth ?
Gee I thought this was America, innocent till proven guilty.
If it just comes down to justice or revenge, why are we even having a trail ?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Violence only begets more violence. And who do you think stands more to lose ? They are fanatics, those who potentially might avenge them could do even more damage.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

They have already admitted guilt,bragged about it,and shouted it from the rooftops. They are 100% guilty with an extra side of guilty sauce.

+7 more 
posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'll take A please.

Firstly, Justice for those who tortured these men ( I don't care what you think about them, NOBODY deserves water boarding or any other sensory deprevation treatment, it's a mindset no better than your enemie's)

Secondly, Justice for those people who can actually be proven to have had a hand in these ordeals, not just suspected and then tortued into confession.

As for revenge? No, not really. Will their deaths end terrorism? Will it provide closure to those who lost people on 9/11?

Probably not. This whole thing is a dog and pony show anyway.

~Tenth

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Those that would avenge them will attack us regardless. Those that would avenge them are also the ones that would avenge Bin laden. and how's that working out?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

So punish the jailers for torturing the murderers? That doesn't make sense. Thats like the burgler who sues the owner of the home he broke into because he slipped on a rollerskate while breaking in.

+1 more 
posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

So punish the jailers for torturing the murderers? That doesn't make sense. Thats like the burgler who sues the owner of the home he broke into because he slipped on a rollerskate while breaking in.

What? No No, it's not like that.

You can't compare a break in, to torture. That's an international crime, and the people who said that it was a good idea, and authorized it, should be brought to the Hague, and put on trial, for War Crimes.

Do you really think you can claim the moral high ground when you engage in the same kind of despicable acts as your enemy?

You think that helps the situation? Or does it only encourage further enemies?

I think it's the last one.

~Tenth

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Those that would avenge them will attack us regardless.

That's what a lot of people don't get. They view the West as all powerful and radical Muslims as some sort of passive group pushed this way and that by the West.

In fact, radical Islam has it's own aggressive agenda and had one for last 1,300 years.

Conquests of Early radical Muslims

Conquests of later radical Muslims

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
A lie detector is not admissable in Americas courts why is a confession by water boarding.
America should lead by example not fear.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

“Revenge is an act of passion; vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; crimes are avenged.”
-Samuel Johnson

Yeah, revenge. These bastards deserve to die.
-beezzer

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I can see this slowly spiraling off the root topic and out of control.. which might have been the intent for the post in the first place? I'd hope not.

Justice vs. Revenge.. it's pretty easy for someone to look at this thread with the emotions of what happened, but it's bigger than that .. Is revenge over justice ever the right option? .. and if it is, just imagine that kind of world where laws don't matter anymore because vigilante justice is the way.. It's not that way for a reason.. We are a civilized society where that kind of stupidity is not the law of the land.
edit on 5/7/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

You want to put Donald Rumsfeld on trial for war crimes? Get in line.

I am not claiming any moral high ground, morals are for peacetime.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Sometimes we play Devil's advocate, sometimes we really mean it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join