It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pacific ring of fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
i hope you mad americans will heed this some shape, but i got a bad feeling that you guys will get hit by something big! i been looking at rsoe and everything that is relavant in that area, im no expert but i got a bad feeling that you guys are going to get hit big time by a earthquake!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by vister74
i hope you mad americans will heed this some shape, but i got a bad feeling that you guys will get hit by something big! i been looking at rsoe and everything that is relavant in that area, im no expert but i got a bad feeling that you guys are going to get hit big time by a earthquake!

Yeah we figured that...but when 100 years...three days...?? been in CA most of my life, granny long dead used to say "yup we are in for the BIG ONE.!"

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Looks fine to me,

But I can't predict earthquakes

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
If it happens, then it happens - be prepared!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by vister74

Thanks! What would we do without another prediction?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

That's how I felt in Alaska.
No use worrying about it until something happens. Otherwise you would be freaked out all of the time.

Just have a plan on where to go after, is about all one can do.
The #1 rule was go uphill.

OP, I hope you are wrong.
Peace out!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It could be California's turn or maybe not.... What I find fascinating is every Californian/West Coast person that I personally know doesn't carry walking shoes or a kit in their car. Nor do they have a "just in case" supply at home. I know this is off topic but I just wonder. Are there Californian's or West Coast people out there that carry a supplies daily just in case?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Going to the Oregon Coast and Northern Cali for a couple of weeks in July, have already been wondering if there might be a good Cascadia quake. However, if I worried about that and radiation, I wouldn't leave my house. If my number's up, it's up, and at least I'll have camping supplies with me

Seriously, though, just a feeling, but I think if one is going to happen, it'll be around Oregon. Oregon scientists were "warning" about the quake going in the relatively near future, as it's long overdue. The fault has had some decent activity in the past year. That's just my opinion, however. Still doesn't change my love for the land there and hopefully my trip will be lovely and will go off without a hitch

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

I am sure you will have a lovely time. At least you know of the dangers in the area. I was talking to some people from OR and I mentioned earthquakes. All laughed at me and one even said, "well we had months warning when Mt St Helens blew". I didn't bother to explain St Helen's and an earthquake are different.

If you get a chance to go to Mt St Helens- go! It is amazing!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
It could be California's turn or maybe not.... What I find fascinating is every Californian/West Coast person that I personally know doesn't carry walking shoes or a kit in their car. Nor do they have a "just in case" supply at home. I know this is off topic but I just wonder. Are there Californian's or West Coast people out there that carry a supplies daily just in case?

We do keep bug out kit in the vehicles and one major one by the door. it is just that there are so may scenarios that it could take.

We are only a mile from the ocean and we are in a low lying area that has swamp all the way to us. if there was the big off shore underwater slide that has happened off our shore in ancient times as they say ...over due...then we have about 5 minuets and there is no UP hill that close. BYE

The roads out are prone to slides even without a big quake so I figure they would be blocked.

If there were a break in the San Andrea's all the way to us it could take many forms, our mobile could fall off the foundation, it could cause a wave. If there were a huge quake in Wa state could cause a wave and we may have time to get to high ground. We can't afford to move and my husband works down in the harbor Brookings 30 mins from home.
To many ifs to worry over and it could be long after we are gone like my Granny.

My daughter lives right by Mt lassen CA my sister lives right by an active volcano in Ak. My son is near Yellowstone...really where is 'safe". Oregon was 2/3 built by one lava flow it is nothing but volcanos. The new underwater one off Bandon Or erupted in April again.
edit on 7-5-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by vister74

Ok you got me reading again...now i feel like I am living in front of a cocked pistol and a finger is on the hair trigger!! little touch of it below!

en.wikipedia.org...

Recent findings concluded the Cascadia subduction zone was more hazardous than previously suggested. The feared next major earthquake has some geologists predicting a 10% to 14% probability that the Cascadia Subduction Zone will produce an event of magnitude 9 or higher in the next 50 years;[14] however, the most recent studies suggest that this risk could be as high as 37% for earthquakes of magnitude 8 or higher.[15][16]

Geologists and civil engineers have broadly determined that the Pacific Northwest region is not well prepared for such a colossal earthquake. The tsunami produced may reach heights of approximately 30 meters (100 ft).[17]The earthquake is expected to be similar to the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami, as the rupture is expected to be as long as the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

reply to post by mountaingirl1111

I am sure you will have a lovely time. At least you know of the dangers in the area. I was talking to some people from OR and I mentioned earthquakes. All laughed at me and one even said, "well we had months warning when Mt St Helens blew". I didn't bother to explain St Helen's and an earthquake are different.

If you get a chance to go to Mt St Helens- go! It is amazing!

Hi, Aunt B
Yeah, had to giggle at that. Been to Oregon a few times before, but this will be the first time we'll be going to MSH! I love driving west on 84 when you start to be able to see Mt. Hood on the left and Mt. St. Helens on the right.... been wanting to go. Buying one of the America the Beautiful NP passes for the trip since we'll be going to a few... can't wait

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I live on the west coast. I have an emergency kit in my house and car, but I dont live near a major city, so i'm not very concerned with an earthquake. I've been in a few.

Most people seem to think that 'the big one' will rip all of california apart. Thats pretty unlikely. Most destruction in an earthquake happens if its in or near a big city, and building collapse. If yr out in the country, theres not a lot of sky scrapers of fill-land that will collapse.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

My family isn't as ready as they should be, mostly because I think when it comes to the food supplies they'd rather dip into the "backup" than go shopping for more when we get low. That bottled water doesn't last forever but they're sure going to miss it when SHTF and we don't have any!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Can you actually tell us what your seeing and what brought you to the fact that they are going to have "The Big One"?

RSOE is showing the standard amount of small quakes Cali would get? I don't see what else you would be seeing to come up with this big warning to get the hell outtta there you crazy americans!

p.s. Americans, i don't think your crazy, i think you're lovely and cuddly

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cjdust

oh ok then dont worry everybody! its just me being silly about the little quakes you CRAZY MOTHER F......... americans have along the californian coast! no serious i havent seen any other data other than rsoe but all that activity going on surely its an indicator of a serious cataclismic event on the horizon?
or has this been a regular occurance since recording began? or is it me just being a CRAZY MOTHER F......?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

No... California is looking pretty normal actually. But I can see how it might look alarming to somebody who doesn't normally monitor the activity in the area. We can't even feel any of these hundreds of shakers below a 4.0. As another poster said, I'm more concerned about Cascadia and the Oregon coast, though right now it isn't presenting anything TOO alarming either.

top topics

join