It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Teacher Appreciation Week in NC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

This week is the official Teacher Appreciation Week in North Carolina. If you have a child in school, take a moment to write a thank you note to the teacher. You don't need to buy gifts (honestly, I've got so many teacher mugs I could open my own gift shop) but a heartfelt letter is perfect.

I know a lot of folks on ATS probably feel that our education system is the root of all evil. I wouldn't necessarily disagree with that assessment. It is true that public education in the US needs a major overhaul. And we all know there is corruption at the highest and lowest levels of education. In the past week alone, I read some horrific stories on ATS concerning how children were treated by administrators, teachers, and the school system in general. I don't want to detract from those very valid concerns.

However, teaching is one of those jobs where people don't understand the complexity and difficulty involved. Same with many jobs out there (personally, I don't know how waiters and waitresses manage to do their jobs. I could not do it, I would forget an order or spill a tray or something within the first hour). So if your child is blessed to have a competent teacher this year, a quick note of thanks would be greatly appreciated.

Have a happy teacer appreciation week!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Well, at least one person read it.

Sigh.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Teachers do a lot of good. If it were not for teachers there would be no schools let along home schools because the entire education system is the product of when - a long time ago, someone, somewhere, decided it would be a good idea to share knowledge.

Even Alexander the Great had a teacher. True fact.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I read it.

Nice to see CA was 26th
And DC was 30th
Pretty amazing California is smarter than DC... and so is Louisiana, Mississippi even. New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and West Virginia, Alaska, Tennessee and Michigan were smarter than D.C. kids too!

Am I wrong in noticing that most of the 4th graders in states previously allied with the Confederacy test higher than the "Union" states?

Really, West Virginia 4th graders test smarter than D.C.?

edit on 5/8/2012 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

top topics

join