It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Stop or just random coincidence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I've just had a rather unnerving experience. I live just off of a main road, where there are two bus routes that use that road, a school on the other side and a group of shops just around the corner, so it is always relatively busy.

At approximately 2pm I was in the bathroom and the window was open. I noticed that i couldn't hear anything at all. Not as in my hearing went bad, just there was no sounds coming from outside. I went to front door and for about 2 minutes as i was looking out there was not one person walking past, not one car / bus / truck driving past. Not one sound came from the school and did not notice any birds or planes flying over (I live under the Heathrow holding pattern). The silence was literally deafening as i'm so use to hearing just the sounds of car's going past.

Then after about 2 minutes there was a sudden rush of traffic coming from both ways and then noticed the sounds coming back, was quite random. Now I don't know if this could be some kind of time slip / stop or just a strange old coincidence.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
One morning i woke up at 6:30am and walked out of my room into the kitchen (like a 5 second walk) and when i looked at the clock in the kitchen i was suprised to see my family in there and it was much brighter that it usually was a that hour of the morning. I looked at the clock on the microwave and it said 7:20am. Immediately i went back into my room to check if my clock was wrong in any way, and it too said 7:20. I know i did get up at 6:30 because i got up to turn off my alarm clock and then walked into the kitchen (i checked that the alarm clock was also set to 6:30 not 7:20). I have never been able to explain this and it has never happened again. Another strange thing also happened that day as i was leaving the house. While walking out to the car i heard a car coming up the street and saw it drive up but when it went behind the fence (so i couldn't see it) it didn't come out the other side. Puzzled by where the car had gone i walked out to the road where i could see behind the fence and there was no car. I thought this was very strange, but nothing like this has ever happened to me before then or since. I thought i'd share this experience because it is similar to the original post.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Personally, I don't believe in coincidence.
Still, both of you have had interesting experiences, and thank you for sharing them!

So, would you say that what has happened has given you insight as to the nature of space-time as fluid, or do you believe it to be constant with occasional wormholes?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Is it possible that we could almost be a Dummy Kind of toy for another greater race. And they come in and can control us without us even knowing. We were under control and when we regain control people tell us we did something and we make up something in our mids of why we did it but it was really because of something else. HENCE, have you ever met someone that FLIPS out over everything little or big, what if that wasn't there fault and something just comes in and takes control maybe because there master likes to have alittle more fun than your master. Or suppose Saddam Husein had a master that was just plain krazy..... They can control our minds. And if you lose your mind you have nothing. THE MIND IS A VALUABLE THING THAT MOST PEOPLE DO NOT USE 20% of ... Just think about it ... Scientist know we can only use aproximately 20% of your brain. And there are "Phenomenons" going on all the time like that girl that can see XRAYS ... What if everyone can do that just have to learn how. Not so much in physical but mental capacaties. .... Hence Dea Jah Veaux ... Not sure if that is how you spell that . Please .. Someone Give me some insight on this.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
Is it possible that we could almost be a Dummy Kind of toy for another greater race. And they come in and can control us without us even knowing. We were under control and when we regain control people tell us we did something and we make up something in our mids of why we did it but it was really because of something else. HENCE, have you ever met someone that FLIPS out over everything little or big, what if that wasn't there fault and something just comes in and takes control maybe because there master likes to have alittle more fun than your master. Or suppose Saddam Husein had a master that was just plain krazy..... They can control our minds. And if you lose your mind you have nothing. THE MIND IS A VALUABLE THING THAT MOST PEOPLE DO NOT USE 20% of ... Just think about it ... Scientist know we can only use aproximately 20% of your brain. And there are "Phenomenons" going on all the time like that girl that can see XRAYS ... What if everyone can do that just have to learn how. Not so much in physical but mental capacaties. .... Hence Dea Jah Veaux ... Not sure if that is how you spell that . Please .. Someone Give me some insight on this.

I dont wanna be rude, and I see your points, but please explain what it has to do with time.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
dont know about any time slipping or such but been more then one time that i was driving along a highway and see a car comming up behind me and look again after a minit or so and theres no CAR anymore .
on the interstate highway theres no way for a car to turn off without you knowing it and the few times I noticed this was way between exits.
O and I have seen the disspering car trick that goes behind? or into the wall? lol once or twice as well .
Even stranger once or twice wiffeee was with me and I say hay look at the car and she sees no car.
Personly Though i think time slippige is real .anyone here rember being in school and the 45 minit class taking 3 hours lol.
or how about wood shop class taking 3 minits.
Once I went into deltia sleep and slept for 9 hours but it seemed like minits even though i was rested .
Ps deltia sleep is the deepest slowest brain wave acctivity that a person can have and all kinds of weird things can happen when your in deltia .
But its extreamly hard to get there.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
____| ! |_____________.............
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ [CAR]
______________________ .......... .
.......XXXXXXXXXXX............................
.......(Xs are a wall)............................
....................0 < Standing here..........

were you standing at the 0 and the car made a right turn onto another road, or perhaps a driveway???

[edit on 29-9-2004 by TreyFlipAWS]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Bet55,making a point, you just copied and pasted that from another thread you have.

I think it just happened. Maybe there was something going on at the end of the street, everything happens for a reason.

top topics

join