It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the best water for consumption?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Reverse osmosis?

What is it people. I know reverse osmosis is good , but how good...

Let's here what you guys drink? Any bottled waters make the list?

Fluoride free preferred.

edit on 7-5-2012 by yoyoyoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
apparently beer is absorbed faster than pure water
but generally the closer to H2O it is the better as the less crap the better

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Its M-water and its expensive.

Water in its most primitive state. I think the machine is about $300 for home. I know the prices are all over the board so shop hard and find the best deal.

www.astrologyzine.com...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Rain Water.

link   
reply to post by yoyoyoyo

RO is very good, but also generates a lot of waste water - and doesn't do much of anything for fluoride since the fluoride molecules are smaller than water molecules themselves, as I recall (or some such).

I'm a big fan of British Berkefeld filtration systems. Gravity-driven, I'm not aware of them wasting much water (if any), and they use very effective and durable diatomaceous earth filters:

Filter link 1

Filter link 2

They even have an additional filter you can purchase that supposedly reduces fluoride in water by about 95% - Filter link 3.

Go Berky!

EDIT:
You could also look into atmospheric water generators, which are basically dehumidifiers that pull water out of the air and collect it for drinking. I would assume it would be very clean and fluoride-free, but haven't ever really looked into them.

Wiki page on AWG.

Ecoloblue (brand) AWG website.
edit on 5/7/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm personally not that picky, I often filter my own water at home with a Pur filter system ( usually twice ) .. the problem with filtered water, or even bottled water.. is that you lose a lot of the minerals that are beneficial..

It may sound silly but I also keep a stock of pedialyte powdered drink packets .. EXTREMELY good for hydration and replenishing electrolytes.. far better than any of the leading sports drinks, and many times better than water alone.. very good if you're out hiking or camping to keep with you.

But as far as filtering goes..I like my Pur filter over Brita .. and I will often double filter the water.. I personally notice a taste improvement ..

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

$300 that's not much, Do you use it?

I'm interested. It sounds good too me, I mean with the little I know...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Distilled water would be the best. Most of our minerals are indeed found in vegetables. Go for a water without fluor and with as less dry residue as possible (

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Berkey is good at .5 micron.

I would go with monolithic brand at .2 micron myself. Much cheaper as well.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Haven't heard of Monolithic, will have to check them out - thanks.

Do you happen to have a link, or is it the one you posted above and just not looking obvious to me?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

RO does remove fluoride. But depending on the quality of the membrane it might leave trace amounts of fluoride and minerals in your water. RO is probably 90%-95% effective, again depending on the quality of the membrane.

Distilled is the best for pure water.

Some people will tell you RO and distilled are no good because they lack minerals, this is nonsense. If you are eating a good diet you don't need to rely on your water for iron, magnesium, sodium, etc..

edit on 7-5-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
A good reverse osmosis system will take out most fluoride but it also takes out most of the minerals in the water as well.

Reverse Osmosis Filtration
This is used to purify several types of bottled water (not all), so some bottled waters are unfluoridated. Reverse osmosis systems are generally unaffordable for personal use.

Activated Alumina Defluoridation Filter
These filters are used in locales where fluorosis is prevalent. They are relatively expensive (lowest price I saw was $30/filter) and require frequent replacement, but do offer an option for home water filtration.

Distillation Filtration
There are commercially available distillation filters that can be purchased to remove fluoride from water. On a related note: When looking at bottled water, keep in mind that 'distilled water' does not imply that a product is suitable for drinking water and other undesirable impurities may be present.

This Does NOT Remove Fluoride

Brita, Pur, and most other filters.
Some websites about fluoride removal state otherwise, but I checked the product descriptions on the companies' websites to confirm that fluoride is left in the water.

Boiling Water
This will concentrate the fluoride rather than reduce it.

Freezing Water
Freezing water does not affect the concentration of fluoride.

Steps to Reduce Fluoride Exposure

Don't take fluoride supplements.

Read labels on bottled beverages.
Unless they are made using distilled or reverse-osmosis water, they are probably made with fluoridated public water.

Consider using unfluoridated toothpaste.

Avoid drinking black or red tea.
There are many health benefits associated with chemical compounds found in tea, but this may be a beverage to avoid if you need to reduce your fluorine intake. Black and red tea come from two different types of plants, but both leaves naturally contain high amounts of fluorine.

Be wary of tinned fish and canned food items.
Fluoride may be used as a preservative.

Avoid black or red rock salt or items containing black or red rock salt.

Avoid using chewing tobacco.

Avoid long term use of medication that contains fluorine.
Certain antidepressants and medications for osteoporosis contain fluorine

edit on 7-5-2012 by YourDreamsCanceled because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Some people will tell you RO and distilled are no good because they lack minerals, this is nonsense. If you are eating a good diet you don't need to rely on your water for iron, magnesium, sodium, etc.

You answered my question for me. My family drinks RO water exclusively and maybe once or twice a month we may be forced to drink tap water. We eat a balanced diet so I am not worried too much about mineral loss etc. I would rather deal with that than have to deal with fluoride issues from tap water or debilitating issues from bottled/spring water..

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by yoyoyoyo

Nothing but distilled water and pure grain alcohol. to preserved your precious bodily fluids and keep you Purity of Essence
POE

Per: Col. Jack Ripper

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
without any doubts the best form of water comes from organically grown fruits and veggies. Juice them for a great water source.
Solid carbon block water filtration is really good as it gets all the crap out like chlorine and leaves all the minerals.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

RO does remove fluoride. But depending on the quality of the membrane it might leave trace amounts of fluoride and minerals in your water. RO is probably 90%-95% effective, again depending on the quality of the membrane.

Distilled is the best for pure water.

Some people will tell you RO and distilled are no good because they lack minerals, this is nonsense. If you are eating a good diet you don't need to rely on your water for iron, magnesium, sodium, etc..

Ah, thanks TinkerHaus - my bad there.

Will generally agree on the distilled water, but given the poor diets a good many in the US likely have, I would say magnesium supplementation at least is good...apparently anywhere from 57-80% in the US are deficient due to our soil now also being pretty much wiped out of Mg, and deficiency is (supposedly) linked to a whole range of pretty damned negative effects. Be sure to balance with calcium and potassium as they all affect levels of the other and need to be balanced.

Then again, none of that really deals much with getting it from water in the first place...so consider that a side note due to my recent personal journeys.

Thanks again.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
So RO water and M water are the two suggestions that have come thus far...

Is there any bottled waters anyone can recommend? Or any other recommendations in general?

Thanks ahead!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Apparantly demineralized water actually leaches minerals out
something to do with electrolytic balance I think
best to have redundant sources any how I would guess

there are new gravity filters that take out arsenic and the flouride too
I have them for my aqua rain

eta
along with the ceramic filters containing silver I keep a couple one once coins in the bottom of my gravity fed
edit on 7-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

What brand are you using, Please share brand names mi amigos.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I like my Aqua Rain
but it has some plastic parts like the tap

I might consider a Propur in the future because they are all stainless I think.
I have two filter outfit which is rather large like a corn pot
I also note its a good Idea to have travel sized filters too for the bugout bag

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join