It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% Microbial life 100% Intelligent life 90% Alien Visitation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think it's obvious that life exists on other planets and visitation is just slightly less obvious but still very apparent.

The universe is fined tuned to produce stars, moons, comets and life. This fine tuning either comes from a Creator or because we're one of many parallel universes. Whatever the case may be, it's obvious that the universe produces life. The universe works in a cycle. Stars form, planets begin to form as they orbit the star and many of these planets also have moons.

It's a process that occurs over and over and over again and either the planets produce life or life forms outside of planets inside of comets or meteors.

I think one of the mistakes we make is we talk about the "right condition" for life. There is no right condition and this points to life forming outside of planets and then when life seeds the planet via a comet, meteor or some other means, it begins to adapt to it's environment. Look at the recent discovery on Titan that could point to methane based life.

I believe that life isn't based on the right conditions of chemistry but life is a matter of entropy and information. Comets and the Moon are perfect incubators for life because of the low entropy. Inside a comet can reach temperatures of -193 degrees F. On the moon temperatures can reach to -358 degrees F. It's also no surprise that amino acids have been found on both the moon and comets.

So the universe should be teeming with microbial life. You should also find an abundance of intelligent life. Again, the universe works in cycles and life is apart of that cycle.

People want to act like the universe came together through random events. It didn't, it has to do with entropy and information so the universe will produce life just like it produces stars, comets, moons and planets.

When it comes to alien visitation, I'm 100% convinced that visitation has occurred, I'm just not sure if other evolved intelligent beings have visited us or is it interdimensional beings.
edit on 7-5-2012 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2012 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
97% of all statistics are made up...

On topic: I'm more in tune to believe in physical beings vs. the inter-dimensional types that we are hearing more and more about.

I just struggle with the idea of being able to transcend the physical realm...this is why I have a very hard time believing in time-travel.

S&F for an interesting look and well written thread on the topic.
edit on 5/7/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I just struggle with the idea of being able to transcend the physical realm...this is why I have a very hard time believing in time-travel.

Maybe THAT is the "oh no! the world is not flat" or "oh no! the earth is not the center" knowledge that we will perceive... It must be something really hard to believe and Physical aliens aren't that hard for ppl in general (IMO).

Quantum physics point more and more to that kind of truth.. this is a fact
edit on 7-5-2012 by quelmarth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Seriously, using 100% in the thread title is a sollid indicator that the thread is anything but.

Originally posted by neoholographic
I think it's obvious that life exists on other planets and visitation is just slightly less obvious but still very apparent.

No, its not obvious that life exists on other planets and that visitation here is "very" apparent. Unless of course your sitting on some evidence the rest of us have not yet seen? The current amount of evidence and the people involved in parroting that evidence all over the internet are not enough to make it "very" apparent to me and many others. But then again, by saying that I'm considered a debunker with some sort of coordinated agenda or something.....that's the safety blanket many alien believers wrap themselves up in when they are challenged with someone who doesn't swallow their line of thinking 100%.

The universe is fined tuned to produce stars, moons, comets and life. This fine tuning either comes from a Creator or because we're one of many parallel universes.

So your so keen about life the universe and everything that you can narrow down this "fine tuning" to only two possible causes? Amazing.

So the universe should be teeming with microbial life. You should also find an abundance of intelligent life. Again, the universe works in cycles and life is apart of that cycle.

While I don't share you views on life forming in the vacuum of space off-planet, I do think that there is microbial life from rocks blasted off of planets floating around out there. But I don't think that even one in a million space rocks you find will have microbial anything on it. The universe is so very very big, and life is so very very small.

People want to act like the universe came together through random events. It didn't, it has to do with entropy and information so the universe will produce life just like it produces stars, comets, moons and planets.

Agreed.

When it comes to alien visitation, I'm 100% convinced that visitation has occurred, I'm just not sure if other evolved intelligent beings have visited us or is it interdimensional beings.

No big deal, you just have a much lower standard of evidence to believe in something so astonishing than a lot of other people. in some ways I'm jealous of you, I wish I could fall for the sheer amount of crap that comes with this territory enough to believe in aliens visiting here 100% like you. Life would be so much more exciting if i has less standards like many demonstrate around here on a daily basis.
edit on 7-5-2012 by gameisupman because: incorrect quoting brackets

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
100% convinced is a pretty strong statement in regards to visitation, but in your topic it sounds like you said 90% .. change of heart?

Personally I believe with the scale of the universe, the idea that there is life out there ( intelligent or otherwise ) is almost certain.. I don't agree however that we've been visited.. it's entirely possible, but again - with the scale of the universe.. who's to say we've even been a blip on someone's radar? there's certainly not proof of that being true .. many people just have a very low standard for what is considered evidence.. they will believe anything because it supports their desire for it to be true.

I worry about what might happen the day we're discovered.. I tend to hope it would be peaceful, but it might also be horrible...

Anyway - well written.. I agree with gist of it for sure... just perhaps not the "This fine tuning either comes from a Creator or because we're one of many parallel universes." bit so much.
edit on 5/7/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gameisupman

Your last paragraph speaks for itself.

No big deal, you just have a much lower standard of evidence to believe in something so astonishing than a lot of other people. in some ways I'm jealous of you, I wish I could fall for the sheer amount of crap that comes with this territory enough to believe in aliens visiting here 100% like you. Life would be so much more exciting if i has less standards like many demonstrate around here on a daily basis.

Why is life on other planets so astonishing? Have you been reading the news lately?

Life on other planets would be astonishing 60 years ago. If they announced that life exists on other planets today, most people will give a collective "Meh."

The reason this is the case is because there's much more information today. We have building blocks of life found in Comets, extremophiles, liquid water found outside of earth, exoplanets, signatures of life along with police officers, scientist, astronauts talking about alien visitation.

Stephen Hawking talked about aliens existing and it was all over the news. This would be like Einstein saying they exist years ago. So today we just have more information and people are becoming more interconnected through the internet and the global economy. I don't think it would be "astonishing" that life exists outside of earth.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I should have clarified this better. I explained it at the end of the post.

I'm convinced Visitation has occurred, I'm just not sure if it's other intelligent beings that evolved to be a technological species advanced enough to visit earth or it's interdimensional beings. Maybe it's both. This is why some U.F.O.'s crash and leave trace evidence. Because of Extraterrestrial error. This is versus some U.F.O.'s that seem to defy the laws of physics and these may be interdimensional.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive
97% of all statistics are made up...

On topic: I'm more in tune to believe in physical beings vs. the inter-dimensional types that we are hearing more and more about.

S&F for an interesting look and well written thread on the topic.
edit on 5/7/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

I believe time travel is possible, as is interdimensional travel, from my own experiences. Perhaps there is a unifying force that explains this is possible that current scientific thinking in it's photon / light based explorations have yet to realise.

edit on 7-5-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Prove it. Show me an example of alien life. Love to see it. Don't show me statistics. Life is not a statistic, you know. It's a thing. Go ahead.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Prove it. Show me an example of alien life. Love to see it. Don't show me statistics. Life is not a statistic, you know. It's a thing. Go ahead.

To all intents and purposes, all life on Earth is 'alien' in origin and it is possible that humanity / infinite species are all 'alien', either that developed here from extraterrestrial seed / spore / genetics etc or specifically placed here. There are infinite possibilities. Humanity should see further than the science constraint of ''if you can't see it or if it's not yet known than how could it be'' blindness. Would the average human have believed the internet if asked about it just 59 years ago?
edit on 7-5-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
I believe time travel is possible, as is interdimensional travel, from my own experiences. Perhaps there is a unifying force that explains this is possible that current scientific thinking in it's photon / light based explorations have yet to realise.

I'll definitely keep an open mind, as it's never been disproven by any means. That and I would love for it to be true.

I would love to hear more about your experiences if it doesn't derail the OPs thread. More-so it sounds like it might compliment it.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

To all extents and purposes all life on Earth is 'alien' in origin and it is possible that humanity / infinite species are all 'alien', either that developed here from extraterrestrial seed / spore / genetics etc or specifically placed here.

Maybe it's "possible." Are you going to show me some statistics, or quotes from famous scientists? Because they are a very poor substitute for an actual sample/example of alien life. In fact, statistics are a bunch of numbers and quotes are just opinions. They're nothing at all like alien life. Look at your keyboard. That's a real thing. That's not a statistic. Show me an alien life that has those simple characteristics. Existence.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive

I'll definitely keep an open mind, as it's never been disproven by any means. That and I would love for it to be true.

I would love to hear more about your experiences if it doesn't derail the OPs thread. More-so it sounds like it might compliment it.

Whilst I would very much like to have complete proof that I have time travelled, I have experienced something on a few occasions that I would only describe as such, literally being in another time, there were other people and everything correct for the period. Also from experiences I would describe as dimensional, whether from general acquisition / seeking truth or from some energy, literally experiencing direct telepathy and feeling anothers pain the exact moment they did and to other such things that feels like being in a heightened dimension where a literal, very visual 'portal' opened and gave free flow of information and dimensional 'knowing'.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

It's funny how statistics don't matter when it goes against a person's belief system. We use statistics everyday in helpful ways. For instance, the reason Bayer Aspirin can connect aspirin to heart attack prevention and the reason Doctors give you aspirin if you go to the hospital with chest pains, is because of statistics. Also the effect size for Psi is bigger than the effect size for aspirin. Of course the hundreds of studies carried out on Psi effects will not matter because statistics only matter based on a person's belief system.

So we can say if more cars drive on the streets everyday, it increases the odds that there will be an accident, but if you say that there's billions of stars, planets that go through the same cycle that the odds of life on other planets increase, then you belong in the nut house according to pseudoskeptics.

You also take into account extremophiles, liquid water found outside of earth, exoplanets and more and again, you must be crazy to even think that there's life on other planets.

Also, there hasn't been any special ingredient found on earth that can never happen anywhere else in the universe. Even though theirs billions of stars and billions of planets that go through the same cycle as earth, there must be some secret ingredient that can never be repeated anywhere else in the universe.

At the end of the day, Life on other planets is an obvious truth. If people want to stick their heads in the sand and live in the Dark Ages, that's fine.

new topics

top topics

join