It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think the End-Times are here - Get this album !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I really enjoyed this artist when he first started making music in the early 90's.

I recently came across his Best of Album and thought I would buy it as a trip down memory lane.

Holy Guacamole ! How relevant are his lyrics right now. I can't get them out of my head. He released this album just before the 08 crash and all the tracks on here seem to be coming true - right now as we speak.

The Album is "Sixteen Easy Tunes for the End Times" - The artist is SNOG (David Thrussell). The music is eclectic but mostly electronica fused with dance. Check out these vids

Lyrics -
When the working day is done I refuse to belong to anyone.
And at night when I try to sleep, I hear the howls of commerce in my dreams.
Somehow, someone, somewhere, owns everything I do.
Somehow, someone, somewhere, owns all of me and owns all of you.
There's no charge, there's no crime, but we're all doing time.
To be honest, there's not much that I can do but to sing a bad ballad for you.
I could suggest sabotage, but success might prove a mirage.
Cause somehow, someone, somewhere...

Lyrics -
In the United States of Unreality
The people come second to the property
The king won't move 'til the order is given
And your life is spent....well, how you're livin?

And we live in fear of this naive giant
And we drown in the ocean of blood
he's spilt
And we cry for the crimes of the naive giant
But we know that he never, ever will

I will give my soul ever so gladly
To my luscious king and his country
I will donate my mind for the greater good
To sink the debt, well, if I could

And the earth is filled
With the people you've killed
Yeah, this earth is filled
With the bodies you've killed

Before I sign off, I would like to qualify one important thing - I don't think the world is going to end this year, next year or any time soon. My spiritual work has led me to the conclusion that life in this Earth reality is going to change dramatically in the next few years. You will see Karma being released like never before - it's going to be quite a show, so buckle up people.

Peace Out

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

Wow thanks dude. I'll def check out more of it. I listened to the Ballad and it's pretty much exactly the style I'm into right now. Reminds me of Nine Inch Nails mixed with Pucifer.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Snog is Australian growler David Thrussell, a man with serious doubts about capitalism, religion, and organizations in general, and a delightful inability to settle down in a single musical style. That inability is clearly evident on this best-of, 16 Easy Tunes for the End Times, that covers almost 15 years of output under the Snog moniker. Musically, it touches on everything from old-school jackboot industrial sounds to electro-funk and even country; lyrically, the song titles say it all: "The Human Germ," "Hey, Christian God," "Corporate Slave," "Dear Valued Customer," "Real Wise Yuppie" — you get the idea. At his best, such as on the minimalist industrial thud of "Cliché" and the invigoratingly funky "Real Estate Man," Thrussell gracefully blends harangue and pleasure; at his worst, as on "The Human Germ" and "Real Wise Yuppie," he combines plodding, pedestrian music with cookie-cutter misanthropy to create songs that are both condescending and uninteresting. But then he brings in those subtle country elements, and you start wondering whether maybe you missed something before.

join