It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the Christians of ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by HeFrippedMeOff
Jesus puts all other names to shame, seriously.

Well, Hispanics seem to think so. I like the name Logan myself.

touche

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

A true heart of unbelief is just that. Why mock Him if you don't believe? Why be hurt emotionally by the fake?
Why do you mock gods you don't believe in? How am I hurt emotionally?

Why contend for truth according to you when truth apart from God is just knowledge that perishes in the grave?
Because I like truth. Why is that a problem?

Why does it matter to you whether or not anyone believes in something fake when isn't real and thus doesn't matter?
It does matter. Because of people with your beliefs, homosexuals who love each other can't marry. Because of people with your beliefs, funerals are picketed with hatefulness. Because of people with your beliefs, scientific research has been hindered...such as stem cell research.

I propose that you wouldn't mock him, or contend with believers, or really even care one way or the other if you didn't know deep down that God is real.
Wrong, as I showed with my previous answer.

That isn't what I asked. Isn't it foolish to deride those who believe while calling out to the same God in unbelief lest you be a liar and didn't really ask him for His spirit?
Because I am told that if I did that, he would respond. I wanted to see if it was true, as I am in search of truth.

Allah and God are not synonyms. I don't believe in the teachings of Islam. I believe Jesus and he is why this isn't foolishness.
Fair enough.

The idea is that you believe God doesn't exist, that doesn't mean that He doesn't. You are actually mocking God, the one, who does exist which makes it foolishness.
Show me that he exists. Just because you do believe it doesn't make it so. The same with all other beliefs in gods.

Again, like I say, I'm not making fun of false gods that can't hear, don't see, don't speak, and have no power. I address them for what they truly are in the light of Word of God.
And maybe that's how I feel about your god?

Catholicism is hardly definitive of all of Christianity. And too, there is no sword or gun to their heads this day. They can choose freely. And again, the crusades were hardly the beginning of the spread of faith in Jesus Christ throughout all the world.
That is true, I grant you that. Christianity has become more civilized. Islam is still not as civilized, but maybe some day?

What majority?
The catholic majority.

The word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Quick question, if you didn't have a bible, what would you know of your god?
edit on 11-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Why do you mock gods you don't believe in? How am I hurt emotionally?

Mocking Gods or pointing out errors. Just telling the truth

Because I like truth. Why is that a problem?

You dont know the truth, yours is a faith in believing somebody has the truth.
This site tells everyone the truth is perverted, thats the truth

It does matter. Because of people with your beliefs, homosexuals who love each other can't marry. Because of people with your beliefs, funerals are picketed with hatefulness. Because of people with your beliefs, scientific research has been hindered...such as stem cell research.

And you prefer death, we argue against Gay marriage and you contend for killing babys for stem cells. Sure is a civilised world isnt it.
Just because its in the womb you suggest its non human. Its because of your non belief Stalin Mao and Pol Pot killed millions. Humanity has no value for human life and you grizzle about gay marriage.
Christians and Christianity have furthered pure science, not speculative science, to deny the worth of Christian scientists is pure ignorance or a blatant lie.
That statement of yours above is funny if not disgusting

Wrong, as I showed with my previous answer.

God wont be mocked is akin to saying at the time of judgement the ledger will be balanced. The passage in context Gal 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

Because I am told that if I did that, he would respond. I wanted to see if it was true, as I am in search of truth.

God can see your heart and motives, He placed them their. Only He can see the truth.

Fair enough.

Do you understand the Old Testament is not Christian doctrine as easily?

Show me that he exists. Just because you do believe it doesn't make it so. The same with all other beliefs in gods.

Christians dont show you God reveals himself, Ephesians; 1

And maybe that's how I feel about your god?
Well I will pray Gods revelation on your life.

That is true, I grant you that. Christianity has become more civilized. Islam is still not as civilized, but maybe some day?

Some would argue the world is more civilised because of Christianity. Gender equality, ended slavery the list is extensive. Every Western culture was founded on Christian principles, they have been perverted now.

The catholic majority.

Dont they deserve to be held responsible, are you denying a fair comment in regards to their position?

Nothing and your point is???
edit on 11-5-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Only Christians are against gay marriage? I don't think so. And the Westboro Baptist Church is the only church I have ever heard of in my life that does that. And from what I've seen the WBC is a cult for the Phelps family. Not only are you using the guilt by association fallacy, but you're using the extreme rare exception to the rule to try and define the rule. And lastly, what you said isn't true. We sure support adult stem cell research, not embryonic. And to date no one has been cured by embryonic stem cells, but people have been helped for over a decade by adult stem cells.

You're just flinging poo and hoping something sticks.

edit on 11-5-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

The catholic majority.

We would have had the majority if they hadn't murdered between 18 - 40 million Protestants in the Dark Ages.

Just sayin.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
This site tells everyone the truth is perverted, thats the truth.
I would agree. I've often asked myself, "If I am given truth, how would I know it is indeed the truth?"

And you prefer death, we argue against Gay marriage and you contend for killing babys for stem cells. Sure is a civilised world isnt it.
You don't have to kill babies for stem cells.

Just because its in the womb you suggest its non human. Its because of your non belief Stalin Mao and Pol Pot killed millions.
No sir. Those people were assholes, that's why they killed millions. Do I need to go into how people of your beliefs have killed?

Humanity has no value for human life and you grizzle about gay marriage.
Nope, stem cell research is for helping human lives.

Christians and Christianity have furthered pure science, not speculative science, to deny the worth of Christian scientists is pure ignorance or a blatant lie.
Can you give an example?

God wont be mocked is akin to saying at the time of judgement the ledger will be balanced. The passage in context Gal 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Hey, don't get your panties in a wad. Your god can take care of himself, and I will get what I deserve for making fun. You know, kind of like those 42 young boys who were making fun of Elisha, and their fitting punishment was for him to call out two female bears to eat them. I've been made fun of a lot, and never have I desired to kill those people. But, like I said, I will get what I deserve....because I do deserve it.

God can see your heart and motives, He placed them their. Only He can see the truth.
I fully understand that. I wonder if he has like a faith-o-meter? So, when people pray to him, he doesn't respond until their faith reaches the desired level on his meter? I wonder if their faith almost gets to that point, and he's like "Come on! Just a little more faith and I can act.....awwwwwwww you gave up."

I understand that you worship the same god of the O.T., who doesn't change.

Oh, of course. Do you know why they don't show us? I think I do.

I appreciate that. That would be cool.

Some would argue the world is more civilised because of Christianity. Gender equality, ended slavery the list is extensive.
Gender equality? Have you read the of the gender equality in the O.T. and N.T.? Ended slavery? Christians of the U.S. were the ones who had slaves! The more civilized Northern U.S., who isn't as christian as the Southern U.S., ended slavery when they defeated the South.

Every Western culture was founded on Christian principles, they have been perverted now.
Actually, many of the founding fathers of the U.S. were deists. They founded our country on the freedom of religion, meaning they could worship however they wanted, to whomever they wanted.

Dont they deserve to be held responsible, are you denying a fair comment in regards to their position?
Wait, what are you saying is their position?

That was my point.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

This site tells everyone the truth is perverted, thats the truth.
I would agree. I've often asked myself, "If I am given truth, how would I know it is indeed the truth?"

You don't have to kill babies for stem cells. But now that you brought up dead babbys, what if the baby dies in the mother's womb under natural causes, and the parents give permission to use the baby for stem cell research? Would that be ok?

Just because its in the womb you suggest its non human. Its because of your non belief Stalin Mao and Pol Pot killed millions.
No sir. Those people were assholes, that's why they killed millions. Do I need to go into how people of your beliefs have killed?

Humanity has no value for human life and you grizzle about gay marriage.
Nope, stem cell research is for helping human lives.

Can you give an example?

Hey, don't get your panties in a wad. Your god can take care of himself, and I will get what I deserve for making fun. You know, kind of like those 42 young boys who were making fun of Elisha, and their fitting punishment was for him to call out two female bears to eat them (p.s. How did NONE of those 42 not escape?). I've been made fun of a lot, and never have I desired to kill those people. But, like I said, I will get what I deserve....because I do deserve it.

I fully understand that. I wonder if he has like a faith-o-meter? So, when people pray to him, he doesn't respond until their faith reaches the desired level on his meter? I wonder if their faith almost gets to that point, and he's like "Come on! Just a little more faith and I can act.....awwwwwwww you gave up."

I understand that you worship the same god of the O.T., who doesn't change.

Oh, of course. Do you know why they don't show us? I think I do.

I appreciate that. That would be cool.

Some would argue the world is more civilised because of Christianity. Gender equality, ended slavery the list is extensive.
Gender equality? Have you read the of the gender equality in the O.T. and N.T.? Ended slavery? Christians of the U.S. were the ones who had slaves! The more civilized Northern U.S., who isn't as christian as the Southern U.S., ended slavery when they defeated the South.

Every Western culture was founded on Christian principles, they have been perverted now.
Actually, many of the founding fathers of the U.S. were deists. They founded our country on the freedom of religion, meaning they could worship however they wanted, to whomever they wanted.

Wait, what are you saying is their position?

That was my point.
edit on 12-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

The idea is that you believe God doesn't exist, that doesn't mean that He doesn't. You are actually mocking God, the one, who does exist which makes it foolishness.

Jesus makes it so.

Time and again I've said that history, logic, and science all point, as they should, to real undeniable truth.
1. Historically, it isn't disputed that Jesus really lived and has really made an impact on the world.
2. Logically, being a live dog is better than a dead lion which speaks to #3 and that is...
3. Natural science dictates self preservation while attempting to maximize pleasure and minimize pain.

Not just 12, but hundreds maybe even thousands continued on living in Faith in defiance of the Roman empire unto horrible tortures and deaths. But Why? For a dead man who was stolen from a grave or maybe was even still in the grave for all they knew?
Hardly. Jesus, after the 3rd day, rose from the dead walking and showing himself to his followers for 40 days afterward until his ascension.

Jesus makes it so.

The word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
edit on 11-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

I suppose I would only know what people told me. Then it would be up to me to determine how truthful that message is/was. Nevertheless, we have Christ and the gospel of his life. Thanks be to God for how infinite His love is for and to us. Jesus is our good news and he is by whom we receive the spirit that doesn't get weighed down with the briars of this world like gay marriage, and embryonic stem cell research.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
There is an old saying that even a watch that does not work is definitely right twice a day.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join