It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the Christians of ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81

Originally posted by HeFrippedMeOff
"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you," Jesus promises.

Turn to Christ and believe, my friend. Ask of Jesus.

No one is answering, or does this verse only apply to those who believe first?

I went seeking and found the opposite.

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways."

Question is, do you really believe or in your heart of hearts or is this all just a mockery to you?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday

Originally posted by HeFrippedMeOff...
I think it is important to remember that "...the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ."

Just wondering if you think you "have the mind of Christ". If every Christian "has the mind of Christ" what does that say about "the mind of Christ"?

The point as one may ascertain from the rest of my post is that Christ has made his mind known. If we therefore judge according to the Word of God, it is no longer we who judge but God himself.

That's the problem with taking quotes from the Bible as assumptions and deriving things - you get these kinds of absurd conclusions. If your reasoning was correct, then you've proved Paul was wrong (proof by counter example).

edit on 9-5-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

Perhaps explain what you mean.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I think it is important to remember that "...the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ."

Just wondering if you think you "have the mind of Christ". If every Christian "has the mind of Christ" what does that say about "the mind of Christ"?

The point as one may ascertain from the rest of my post is that Christ has made his mind known. If we therefore judge according to the Word of God, it is no longer we who judge but God himself.

That's the problem with taking quotes from the Bible as assumptions and deriving things - you get these kinds of absurd conclusions. If your reasoning was correct, then you've proved Paul was wrong (proof by counter example).

Well, you begin with Paul's words: "But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ."

Then you seem to reason that Christians should judge the behaviour of others, because "it is no longer we who judge but God himself".

So where is the evidence of this superior Christian spiritual judgement?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways."

Ask in faith brother, and believe. Do not doubt.

I responded to this before by saying: "I can't, I don't have the spirit and can't understand that stuff nor spiritually discern it. It's foolishness to me. This is what the bible says about people like me. We are simply doomed.

Again, I can't do that. It's foolishness.

If I just "believe with all my heart" I'm setting up myself for confirmation bias.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Well, you begin with Paul's words: "But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ."

Then you seem to reason that Christians should judge the behaviour of others, because "it is no longer we who judge but God himself".

So where is the evidence of this superior Christian spiritual judgement?

Jesus.

We should judge ourselves according to the Word of God (Jesus) which ultimately edifies us inside according to the spirit of a man being made psychologically and spiritually at peace with ourselves, and our God by grace through faith. Outside we are edified with an increase in the quality of/in the physical and social aspects of our lives i.e. we overcome the materialism of this world and exercise self-control over our fleshly lusts that lead us into sin. As I mentioned before, the male vessel is not chemically made for the receiving of semen and such receiving becomes a very real medical issue (quality of the physical) when we are led about by our lusts and not by the Spirit of the One who created us to do His good will and made his mind known through Jesus Christ His Son.

On that note, according to the mind of Christ Jesus we judge ourselves. And when we see our brothers and sisters engaging in sin we speak up in an effort to help them overcome sin rather than to live and wallow in it. It is effectual, fervant, and loving in our eyes and to gain a brother or sister is a special and wonderful thing but many see this as pushing our faith down their throats, being intolerant, and "judging/condemning people" but truly this is not the case. However, what has become the case is that too many are defining their existence and very beingness based on sin rather than on God which would make since when Christians are accused of condemning the person when it is only the sin that is condemned and that by the very Word of God, Jesus.

Simply, I am concerned with our spiritual and physical well-being as a Christian and a degreed Psychologist but those defining themselves by this world will obviously feel attacked and act according to the lack of emotional self-actualization.

The world hates us but greater is he that is in us than he that is in the world and this too we know because of the mind and Spirit of Christ Jesus.

Christ is our foundation and when we express His Word, His mind to a lost and dying world it then is no longer we who speak but the Spirit of God through us which means you can contend, accuse, and condemn us all day long but if Christ be with us then who can be against us? Again, if our words are actually the Word then it is no longer we who you contend with but God himself.

Jesus, the Word of God, is not just the evidence but is himself the superior Spiritual judge having been sent from the Father having possessed and kept the Holy Spirit without sin even unto the day of his slaughter, his resurrection, even unto this very day.

And while it is still called "Today," harden not your heart brother but turn to God in Spirit and truth. The burden of this world we often carry on our shoulders in self-righteousness is far heavier than the lite/light load of trusting in the righteousness and grace of our Father, God.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Ask in faith brother, and believe. Do not doubt.

I responded to this before by saying: "I can't, I don't have the spirit and can't understand that stuff nor spiritually discern it. It's foolishness to me. This is what the bible says about people like me. We are simply doomed.

Again, I can't do that. It's foolishness.

If I just "believe with all my heart" I'm setting up myself for confirmation bias.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

Be not deceived, God is not mocked. It is not God's will that any should perish but that all should have everlasting life through Jesus Christ our Lord. The way has been made and it is straight. If the cross is foolishness to you then calling on the air in the name of a God you don't believe in and/or trust will hardly do any good but know that just like in the wilderness, there were those who could not enter into the promised land. It wasn't because God wasn't willing, and not because He didn't make the way, but because of their unbelief we see that they could not enter.

God has not condemned you brother. He spared not His own son for both you and me. If we are to be condemned and separated from the love of our Father it is because we have judged ourselves to be in unbelief refusing the life and faith of our savior Jesus the Christ of God.

As a matter of logic, live men don't die for dead men. As a matter of natural science, we seek to preserve our own life and to maximize pleasure while minimizing pain.

The question thus becomes why, against all logic and science, would so many subject themselves to slavery and sacrifice their lives unto such heinous deaths as burning, crucifixion, tarring, beheading, and being fed to starved animals for faith in just a man who never rose from the grave?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

The question thus becomes why, against all logic and science, would so many subject themselves to slavery and sacrifice their lives unto such heinous deaths as burning, crucifixion, tarring, beheading, and being fed to starved animals for faith in just a man who never rose from the grave?

I too have wondered at this for many years now. This strange obsession with death and sex is akin to a mental illness in some cases, and is illogical even in normal conversation. I have even heard some say they are happy to be a slave to "Jesus", whoever, and whatever that is, I have yet to see it fully defined and examined. They will ask if you "know the Lord". They will gladly inform you that you need to be "saved". When asked, "saved from what", the immediate response is, "Hell".
One parrots the others, all dress and talk alike, and all walk around like they have some kind of big secret that the rest us do not have. Well, some of us have exposed those secrets, and shown Christianity for what it really entails....
Will they ever wake up? I certainly hope so.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Be not deceived, God is not mocked.
Then how is he mocked all the time?

If the cross is foolishness to you then calling on the air in the name of a God you don't believe in and/or trust will hardly do any good but know that just like in the wilderness, there were those who could not enter into the promised land. It wasn't because God wasn't willing, and not because He didn't make the way, but because of their unbelief we see that they could not enter.
I'm just going by what the scripture says. I don't have the spirit so I can't do those things you said. How does this god expect me to when he said himself that I can't?

Good question. Did those things really happen? If so, how do you know?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I too have wondered at this for many years now. This strange obsession with death and sex is akin to a mental illness in some cases, and is illogical even in normal conversation.

Acceptance of death is an important part of growth for us all and the discussion, I feel, is more than necessary and logical although regardless of acceptance it will come.

Sexual obsession is also at root, I believe, instinctual for survival and part of the neurochemical process involved in growth and development therefor logical to be discussed in normal conversation. What I find illogical and perhaps even "mental" is forming one's foundation of human beingness and existence upon such a thing as sexuality. Certainly we are more and worth infinitely more than sexuality, imo.

I have even heard some say they are happy to be a slave to "Jesus", whoever, and whatever that is, I have yet to see it fully defined and examined.

Certainly none of us are perfect but it is not one's own righteousness that the slaves of Jesus trust in, rather it is the grace of God and righteousness of Jesus to which they would be holding. There is no law against that which is good, therefore to be a slave to the Holy Spirit is more so freedom than bondage whereas slavery to death, money, government, or even self is a far heavier burden. Nonetheless, I find we are all slave to something and that to be an inescapable reality.

They will ask if you "know the Lord". They will gladly inform you that you need to be "saved". When asked, "saved from what", the immediate response is, "Hell". One parrots the others, all dress and talk alike, and all walk around like they have some kind of big secret that the rest us do not have. Well, some of us have exposed those secrets, and shown Christianity for what it really entails....
Will they ever wake up? I certainly hope so.

I can understand that when there is simple straightforward conversation as portrayed, misunderstandings can occur according to semantics but of a truth, sin has separates us from the Father and the wages of sin is death. "Hell" or "eternal separation from the Father" is something from which we do need salvation but this would only make since to someone who is convinced of sin in their own spirit.

As far as dressing and talking and walking around with big secrets that others don't have, human nature is just that way and this is not exclusive to just Christians although our big secret is such because the mystery of Christ is the simplicity and people like to make things more complicated than they really are.

I don't doubt there are many who are led astray by the doctrines of men that corrupt the simplicity but along with everyone else with eyes wide shut, one day every eye will see and every knee will bow. On the other hand, if you are talking about Christians waking up to the fact that Jesus isn't Lord and savior, the Christ of God, then I would ask, what hope is there to be awakened to when death is all that is certain?

edit on 10-5-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Be not deceived, God is not mocked.
Then how is he mocked all the time?

We count the long suffering of our Father as righteousness towards us who are sinners. Every sin any of us commit could be perceived as mocking God but, in the flesh, people mock others for falsities, mishaps, and the such. However, God is not mocked because He is neither wrong nor is there anything false in Him. So although we may perceive Him being mocked, of a truth, what we are doing is acting out our rebellion in childishness and sin.

Simplistically, we don't mock people for being right and that is why God is not mocked. He is not wrong and and our human perceptions don't change that even when cry out against Him.

If the cross is foolishness to you then calling on the air in the name of a God you don't believe in and/or trust will hardly do any good but know that just like in the wilderness, there were those who could not enter into the promised land. It wasn't because God wasn't willing, and not because He didn't make the way, but because of their unbelief we see that they could not enter.
I'm just going by what the scripture says. I don't have the spirit so I can't do those things you said. How does this god expect me to when he said himself that I can't?

Ask him for it and believe. Trust in him. He is faithful and righteous to give to us according to His will and we know His will is that none should perish. God wants you. Jesus wants you. I want you but the decision for a relationship is only one sided until you stop condemning and separating yourself from the love of our father in unbelief.

Good question. Did those things really happen? If so, how do you know?

Faith in Christ has prevailed for 2000 years not because of might and conquest but because of the spirit of power that changes men's hearts. The historical record is littered with the truth in this matter if one would but search beginning with the Caesars of Rome.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

However, God is not mocked because He is neither wrong nor is there anything false in Him. So although we may perceive Him being mocked, of a truth, what we are doing is acting out our rebellion in childishness and sin.
...and when your god is mocked, why do you feel the need to stick up for him and say, "God is not mocked,"? Isn't he big enough to handle it himself? Why does he need you to try?

Ask him for it and believe. Trust in him. He is faithful and righteous to give to us according to His will and we know His will is that none should perish. God wants you. Jesus wants you. I want you but the decision for a relationship is only one sided until you stop condemning and separating yourself from the love of our father in unbelief.
Again, why would I do that if I don't have a spirit that helps me understand those things. Why would I do something that is foolish in my eyes? You keep telling me to just do it, but it is foolishness. So, why would I do it?

Faith in Christ has prevailed for 2000 years not because of might and conquest but because of the spirit of power that changes men's hearts. The historical record is littered with the truth in this matter if one would but search beginning with the Caesars of Rome.
Faith in Hindu gods has prevailed longer than that. How did faith in christ spread through out the world? By the tip of a sword.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

However, God is not mocked because He is neither wrong nor is there anything false in Him. So although we may perceive Him being mocked, of a truth, what we are doing is acting out our rebellion in childishness and sin.
...and when your god is mocked, why do you feel the need to stick up for him and say, "God is not mocked,"? Isn't he big enough to handle it himself? Why does he need you to try?

God wants us to share the good news and that's all I really am doing. You don't have to mock God if you want to hear from him, just believe and ask with a true heart.

Again, why would I do that if I don't have a spirit that helps me understand those things. Why would I do something that is foolish in my eyes? You keep telling me to just do it, but it is foolishness. So, why would I do it?
Is more foolish to mock a God you don't believe in or ask God for His Holy Spirit to understand and believe unto faith?

Faith in Hindu gods has prevailed longer than that. How did faith in christ spread through out the world? By the tip of a sword.

Worshiping gods other than God is as old as the first son of the first man. Plus there is a huge difference between believing in a made up god to serve yourself and believing in the One, true and living God who raised his son from the dead.

Nevertheless, Christianity spread because the disciples and apostles obeyed and went out preaching and teaching. The crusades came long after and were hardly a Christian event. Christ didn't die for us to wield weapons, killing people for faith or to conquer Jerusalem. We are not Islam. Evidently the men of the crusades followed someone other than Christ, perhaps the doctrines of men if you will but we know what Christ taught and anyone with half a brain would recognize the crusades for what they were and were not.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Worshiping gods other than God is as old as the first son of the first man. Plus there is a huge difference between believing in a made up god to serve yourself and believing in the One, true and living God who raised his son from the dead.

So you are going to judge others, telling them that their god is made up? What a crock of smelly stuff! The one true and living god? Yeah right. I don't buy the whole resurrection thing either.

The fire in the sky wizard of the old testament knew he had competition. He wasn't the only badass in town. I'm going with the Ancient Alien theory here and declaring that your god as well as Krishna, Quetzalcoatl, Thor and Zeus, all took the red eye out of town, and are long gone, not to be heard from again. Probably banished for mischief by the PTB!
edit on 10-5-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
There's one thing I've learned about christianity, religion and people. If a person is not grounded in the truth of their belief ,anything that contradicts their belief will be met with ridicule and skepticism.

edit on 10-5-2012 by tangerine1962 because: incorrect spelling.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

God wants us to share the good news and that's all I really am doing. You don't have to mock God if you want to hear from him, just believe and ask with a true heart.
What if I don't believe, but have a true heart in my unbelief?

Is more foolish to mock a God you don't believe in or ask God for His Holy Spirit to understand and believe unto faith?
It is more foolish to ask your god in faith to believe. Why would he want people to do that? Would it be foolish for me to ask Allah in faith to help me believe? If not, why isn't it foolish to ask your god? There's nothing foolish about mocking things that don't exist. If you think it is, then speak to those christians who mock all other gods in the same manner yours is mocked.

Isn't it foolish to mock those gods you don't believe in?

Nevertheless, Christianity spread because the disciples and apostles obeyed and went out preaching and teaching. The crusades came long after and were hardly a Christian event. Christ didn't die for us to wield weapons, killing people for faith or to conquer Jerusalem. We are not Islam.
South America would not be a Catholic majority had they not been forced to believe, or die. I imagine many Catholic countries wouldn't either.

Evidently the men of the crusades followed someone other than Christ, perhaps the doctrines of men if you will but we know what Christ taught and anyone with half a brain would recognize the crusades for what they were and were not.
And with that you insult a majority of christians.
edit on 10-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Go read Ephesians 1, Hydroman. Its not about free will. You are correct.

Christians should not stick up for God, He doesnt need our help. That doesnt stop our human nature desiring ourselves to do it though

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
Christians should not stick up for God, He doesnt need our help. That doesnt stop our human nature desiring ourselves to do it though
Yeah, I get that.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

So you are going to judge others, telling them that their god is made up?

Isn't that what the rest of your post is doing to our Father and Savior?

And seriously, if by the Word of God I judge then it is not I but God Himself who judges so if God says He is One and doesn't want us to worship false idols that neither speak nor hear then get over it or take it up with Him. Jesus puts all other names to shame, seriously.

P.S. I got a good chuckle when you mentioned TPTB banishing the gods. Truly, thanks for the laugh. I needed it.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Jesus puts all other names to shame, seriously.

Well, Hispanics seem to think so. I like the name Logan myself.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

What if I don't believe, but have a true heart in my unbelief?

A true heart of unbelief is just that. Why mock Him if you don't believe? Why be hurt emotionally by the fake? Why contend for truth according to you when truth apart from God is just knowledge that perishes in the grave?

Why does it matter to you whether or not anyone believes in something fake when isn't real and thus doesn't matter?

I propose that you wouldn't mock him, or contend with believers, or really even care one way or the other if you didn't know deep down that God is real.

You may not have the spirit of belief but that doesn't mean you can't sincerely ask God for it.

It is more foolish to ask your god in faith to believe.

That isn't what I asked. Isn't it foolish to deride those who believer while calling out to the same God in unbelief lest you be a liar and didn't really ask him for His spirit?

Would it be foolish for me to ask Allah in faith to help me believe? If not, why isn't it foolish to ask your god?

Allah and God are not synonyms. I don't believe in the teachings of Islam. I believe Jesus and he is why this isn't foolishness.

There's nothing foolish about mocking things that don't exist. If you think it is, then speak to those christians who mock all other gods in the same manner yours is mocked.

The idea is that you believe God doesn't exist, that doesn't mean that He doesn't. You are actually mocking God, the one, who does exist which makes it foolishness.

I'm not particularly in the habit of making fun of other gods but I do find it amusing how people will stand on and defend the foundations of their faith even when cracks are exposed by the truth and Words of Jesus. I don't find it funny that people choose to build their houses on sand if you know what I mean.

Isn't it foolish to mock those gods you don't believe in?

Again, like I say, I'm not making fun of false gods that can't hear, don't see, don't speak, and have no power. I address them for what they truly are in the light of Word of God.

Nevertheless, Christianity spread because the disciples and apostles obeyed and went out preaching and teaching. The crusades came long after and were hardly a Christian event. Christ didn't die for us to wield weapons, killing people for faith or to conquer Jerusalem. We are not Islam.
South America would not be a Catholic majority had they not been forced to believe, or die. I imagine many Catholic countries wouldn't either.

Catholicism is hardly definitive of all of Christianity. And too, there is no sword or gun to their heads this day. They can choose freely. And again, the crusades were hardly the beginning of the spread of faith in Jesus Christ throughout all the world.

Evidently the men of the crusades followed someone other than Christ, perhaps the doctrines of men if you will but we know what Christ taught and anyone with half a brain would recognize the crusades for what they were and were not.
And with that you insult a majority of christians.
edit on 10-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

What majority? The majority who would exercise power over the earth by sword and might against the very Word of God and Jesus? The majority who refuse history and truth so they can serve their selfish desires?........ I care not because what I said was the truth. I'm not here to prick your ears with sweet words that cater to your or their selfish desires regardless of what you/they call themselves. The word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
edit on 11-5-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join