It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the death-wish Russian teenagers "Skywalkers".

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

I agree about it being much higher back then. I'd seen a documentary on the Hoover dam where they said there was absolutely no way there were bodies inside the concrete. It's not that fact that floored me..it was the reason. It was not, as they explained, that recovering the body meant much to anyone...it was that a body in the concrete would create a bubble over time and weaken the structure. That, they explained, was the reason no one was left after falling. Another segment had a worker describing a co-worker falling to his death right in front of him on the Dam and the foreman telling him to return to work or there were more outside the gate to replace him too.
Different times...

Not so different for these kids tho... Maybe you're right. I'm thinking kids being kids though, extremely lucky while stupid could explain living this long while playing monkey. One thing might be worth checking though, if you have a friend who knows Russian. Maybe their local news would have had something? A couple of these show locations which definitely would have made news here if a few crazy kids went to the top of the Bay Bridge or the Golden Gate to snap a picture from the top?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm getting goosebumps and stomach sick ..

Somebody stop these kids before their parents cried.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Did I say they were doing that for fun?

And I'm sure the teens worked their way up to huge heights over time. I highly doubt they just randomly started climbing 500 feet into the air.

edit on 7-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I have no doubt in my mind its real... I've done things just as crazy but maybe not at that massive of a height but only because there was nothing quite that tall in my city. I don't know about these, but I was usually drunk and showing off. I still get almost panicky scared when I really sit and think back to some things I did because i realize just how close I've come to dying, and imagining a fall from that high is terrifying. Of course this was before everybody had cameras in their pocket. Not like I did it for that reason, anyway. And since we were probably tresspassing I doubt Id want it on youtube anyway. But who knows, at that age, maybe. If you doubt kids would really do tbis, I have to doubt whether you had a real childhood... Replicant!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

it has nothing to do with alcohol but it does have to do with youth .

i have worked in the construction industry all my working life and i had no problem working at heights until i reached my forties , i think that as you get older and wiser the more you consider the danger .
the things that i did in my youth i could never do now .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join