It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Beams

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

Well you did take it to 'conspiracy theories' plural. "....why most conspiracy theories are pointing toward malicious action."

Casting doubt into people minds is a skill many people have honed to a fine degree. There'll never be a 100% proven case. I guess that's why it has been said "Thou shalt not judge." Keep an open mind and you'll never be mistaken.

As for where I'm going with this. I have no fixed destination. I just found the video and started the thread a minute later. I find it interesting that so many people report having only recently noticed these shadows. Could there be some recent addition to the jet fuel that has increased the shadowing effect?

When seen clearly these shadows have the appearance of black beams travelling far into the distance. Not the sort of thing that would be missed easily. I'd be interested to see photographs from the 70's and 80's showing the same thing.

So often the explanation is simple but unexpected. Example. On windswept islands off the Scottish coast loose rocks can be found along the cliff tops. Sometimes after severe storms these rocks have moved a short way inland. The grass-free spot where the rock used to sit can be clearly seen. These rocks are too large to have been moved by the wind alone. It was a friend of my fathers who solved this mystery for the scientific community. I'm sure the locals have known this for thousands of years. My fathers friend stayed on the cliff top making observations during a severe storm. The turf layer is bound firmly together by the grass roots. When a strong gust hits the layer of turf lifts up off the edge of the cliff and the rocks slide downhill. The turf settles back down and there you have it. A mystery with a simple explanation.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Stop Press!!
This just in from the videographer.

"Thank you! I missed one yesterday 5/06/2012 that was so dark it cast a shadow on Mt.Clemins. I will be watching today with camera ready ."

A black beam that cast a shadow?

Time for some crude ad hom attacks.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I get black beams in my kitchen when I burn stuff

In the video you can see this type of shadow is only visible edge on.

The shadows in the OP are pretty cool. It's also quite hard to figure out exactly what it going on. The sun is lined up with them, but it's on the other side of the sky, so it looks like it is not.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kester

Yeah, global dimming isn't a conspiracy theory

www.pbs.org...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kester

So what is it supposed to be? A shadow that casts a shadow? I've seen what you're calling black beams but they have been within a slightly expanding chemtrail (on its' way to becoming a jet exhaust cloud.) The shadow, if that's what it is, is like a straight line...not the usual thing for shadows on clouds or shadows from clouds. The shapes are usually much less defined. Also is there a picture somewhere of this shadow casting a shadow?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
reply to post by Kester

So what is it supposed to be? A shadow that casts a shadow? I've seen what you're calling black beams but they have been within a slightly expanding chemtrail (on its' way to becoming a jet exhaust cloud.) The shadow, if that's what it is, is like a straight line...not the usual thing for shadows on clouds or shadows from clouds. The shapes are usually much less defined. Also is there a picture somewhere of this shadow casting a shadow?

Shadows obviously don't cast shadows, what people might be seeing is either the hill through the shadowed volume of air, or the intersection of the shadow and the ground, both seen here:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

No picture available of the shadow/beam casting a shadow. Just the recent statement from the witness.

The beam I saw that caused me to start my thread www.abovetopsecret.com... was one of the strangest things I've ever seen. It had the appearance of a huge black beam stretching far into the distance ahead of a short trail with no plane in sight.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kester
The beam I saw that caused me to start my thread www.abovetopsecret.com... was one of the strangest things I've ever seen. It had the appearance of a huge black beam stretching far into the distance ahead of a short trail with no plane in sight.

It's very unintuitive how you get these black beams from the contrails. It's a very unnatural looking thing. You are looking at a three dimensional slab of darkened sky edge on, and it looks two dimensional like a shadow, so your mind has a hard time comprehending it. It took me a while.

See the type 3 shadow here:
contrailscience.com...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Pay close attention. These are CONTRAIL SHADOWS.

Contrail, not chemtrail. Contrail. Shadows.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kester

Oh, you're back?

This has to be one of the most ridiculous claims, of all the invalid "complaints" yet (on this "topic"):

My main concern is the theft of light carried out by air travellers. ....(snip).... I live on the ground and I object to air travellers stealing my light.

It's just so absurd, not sure whether to laugh, or suggest someone seek medical attention.

Take a look at any number of photos of the Earth, taken from space. Then, count the actual percentage of Earth's surface area that is "affected" by contrails.

Or, come out to Los Angeles. Very infrequent instances of contrails, here.

edit on Mon 7 May 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kester

I was able to talk to a few people who have seen these besides me. Not to say anything against The Shadow explanations and pictures but graphic arts are making things so real these days and I've been given fake pictures a couple of times on ATS in rebuttal so I'm cautious.

The one I saw was within a diffusing chemtrail - in other words there was no pencil line to cast the pencil line shadow. So unless there's a time warp with the shadow - I don't think it was a shadow. I have only seen the horizontal ones, not the vertical so can't speak to that and one of the people I spoke to had seen a vertical one but without any shadow on the ground. In other words the shadow began and ended in the sky. Another person has seen them but only when the sun is behind clouds (when there normally wouldn't be a shadow) and to them it looked like an extension of the chemtrail. Another person said they show up when it gets overcast and are difficult to see in direct sunlight.

There's quite a lot of difference between cirrus from jet exhaust and natural cirrus so hard to rule out if the way they cast shadows would be different too. Interesting thread and so is the other one you linked.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
Another person has seen them but only when the sun is behind clouds (when there normally wouldn't be a shadow) and to them it looked like an extension of the chemtrail. Another person said they show up when it gets overcast and are difficult to see in direct sunlight.

The sun being behind clouds for you does not mean the sun is behind clouds for the region of air that is in shadows from the contrail.

There's quite a lot of difference between cirrus from jet exhaust and natural cirrus so hard to rule out if the way they cast shadows would be different too. Interesting thread and so is the other one you linked.

They are both clouds. They cast shadows in exactly the same way (they block some of the light from the sun). The main difference is that contrails are long thing straight lines, which is why they cast these shape of shadows.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kester

Yes I did say "theories". But I was referring to the multiple "theories" about chemtrails specifically. Like theories on what the chemicals actually are, and their purpose.

So are you saying that despite tons of evidence pointing to these just being shadows you are still convinced that their is something irregular about them. I am just trying to understand because your going off topic again.

edit on 8-5-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join