It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Engineers launch artificial earthquakes at 'hospital'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I know you lot love your HAARP conspiracies.

Engineers in California have unleashed high-intensity artificial earthquakes on a five-storey building packed with medical equipment. The mock hospital has been built on a giant "shake table" which can subject the building to movements similar to real earthquakes.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Seems like a good way to test the resilience of buildings in earthquake prone areas. The US should help developing countries round the world with this model.

This at least adds credence to the theory that artificial earthquakes can be created by man. I'm still not convinced by some of the stories that it was used for this earthquake here and this earthquake there, still I am open to being convinced with some reasoned argument backed by solid evidence.

Thoughts?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I suggest you read your article again.

In the second sentence, we're told that the mock-up hospital was built on a specifically designed platform that can simulate earthquakes by shaking back and forth. How that even remotely adds credibility to things like HAARP is beyond me. Are the continental plates now resting on giant wobbly tables that were created by man?
edit on 7/5/2012 by Henduluin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Henduluin

Indeed, I heard they were.

MUST READ BETTER.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Henduluin

How that even remotely adds credibility to things like HAARP is beyond me.

I was thinking the exact same thing, there's nothing special about what they did.

PS - Coooooooooooool avatar.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Alrite, alrite point made.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
quakes created by man is far beyond theory already,

its been confirmed by USGS that fracking can and has artificially created/triggered 'small' earthquakes

and that the second phase of fracking where waster is pumped into the excavation, creates/triggers larger quakes.

www.ewg.org...

April 2012 Washington, D.C. – A U.S. Geological Survey research team has linked oil and natural gas drilling operations to a series of recent earthquakes from Alabama to the Northern Rockies. According to the study led by USGS geophysicist William Ellsworth, the spike in earthquakes since 2001 near oil and gas extraction operations is “almost certainly man-made.” The research team cites underground injection of drilling wastewater as a possible cause.

“With gasoline prices at $4 a gallon, there’s pressure to rush ahead with drilling, but the USGS report is another piece of evidence that shows we have to proceed carefully,” said Dusty Horwitt, Senior Counsel and chief natural resources analyst at Environmental Working Group. “We can’t afford multi-million-dollar water pollution cleanups or earthquakes that could pose risks to homes and health.”

The USGS study, published by the Seismological Society of America, will be presented at the group’s meeting April 17-19 in San Diego.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Fracking has also caused small earthquakes in the UK, yet the government has continued to give it the green light.

It is "highly probable" that shale gas test drilling triggered earth tremors in Lancashire, a study has found. But the report, commissioned by energy firm Cuadrilla, also said Fracking 'likely cause' of quakesthe quakes were due to an "unusual combination of geology at the well site". It said conditions which caused the minor earthquakes were "unlikely to occur again". Protesters opposed to fracking, a gas extraction method, said the report "did not inspire confidence".

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
I know you lot love your HAARP conspiracies.

Engineers in California have unleashed high-intensity artificial earthquakes on a five-storey building packed with medical equipment. The mock hospital has been built on a giant "shake table" which can subject the building to movements similar to real earthquakes.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Seems like a good way to test the resilience of buildings in earthquake prone areas. The US should help developing countries round the world with this model.

This at least adds credence to the theory that artificial earthquakes can be created by man. I'm still not convinced by some of the stories that it was used for this earthquake here and this earthquake there, still I am open to being convinced with some reasoned argument backed by solid evidence.

Thoughts?

Here is one in Japan

No HAARP not quite what you thought

Smaller scale one are used to test structural fixings on connections of buildings/bridges etc.

edit on 8-5-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join