It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: British Hostage Appears in New Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Reports just coming in that Al-Jazeera is in posession of a new video reportedly containing the British hostage Ken Bigley in a cage. The nature of this video is unknown and we'll work to bring you it ASAP

British hostage Ken Bigley has appeared in a new video according to Al-Jazeera. In the tape it is reported that Bigleyrenews his appeals to British Prime Minister Tony Blair to meet the kidnappers demands. An Islamic website posted claims that Mr Bigley would be released which were met with hope by his family who are now very much outspoken against Prime Minister Blair

The difficulty is that we are trying to make contact with this particular group, because these are outside people, they are not Iraqis

Tony Blair

SkyNews
Mr Bigley was kidnapped in Baghdad on September 16 with two Americans, Eugene Armstrong and Jack Hensley, both of whom were murdered.

But the website claimed the terrorists were going to free the 62-year-old in order to "humiliate" the British Government.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The emergence of this new video brings hope to all those waiting for the news about Mr Bigley. His local community has been watching with baited breath for the past 2 weeks waiting for a resolution to come. This may signal a new era in hostage taking where hostages are detained and released to highlight the complete lack of power a Government has over its citizens.

BBC News
Paul Bigley told the Times that although his brother had been taken hostage by a different extremist group to that of the Italians - who he said must have been to "hell and back" - their release still gave the family fresh hope.

He said: "I realise that their kidnappers are a different kettle of fish to those holding my brother, but they are still baddies."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Related News Links
The Guardian
The Scotsman
Bloomberg
Reuters
Ireland Online

[edit on 29-9-2004 by John bull 1]

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Lets hope this is true.

The brother of British hostage Kenneth Bigley today claimed to have received written confirmation that the 62-year-old engineer is alive and could soon follow the two Italian aid workers to freedom.

Paul Bigley said the translation of a communique posted on a Arabic website had left him 90% sure that the contents were true, and its "bottom line" was that his brother would be released.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Sanc'.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I think they will release him now. Just to show how powerless the Blair Government is over citizens held hostage in foreign countries.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I think they will release him now.

- I hope you are right.

Just to show how powerless the Blair Government is over citizens held hostage in foreign countries.

- .....I suppose that may be the intention but when it comes down to it er.... yeah.... and....what?

Is that supposed to be news to anyone? It's just another further indication that Iraq is a basket case and is hardly going to 'prove' anything almost everyone knows already.

I really just don't see what they think they are now achieving with these hostage takings.

Other than providing curious folks with the 'opportunity' to see - for real - some poor soul get their head cut off on video via the net and inflame opinion against them what possible 'result' can there be that they would want?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
    I think they will release him now. Just to show how powerless the Blair Government is over citizens held hostage in foreign countries.

Releasing him or not, B-liar is powerless never the less. he couldn't do anything to them before he won't do anything now. the real question here what brings these 'contractors' to iraq in the first place, only their greed on making money on the expense of dead iraqi families/citizens. . . didn't they report some contractor supervised/implicated in the abuse scandal of Abu Ghraib!

top topics

join