It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims allowed to practice necrophilia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Muslims allowed to practice necrophilia

www.theweek.co.uk

A DRAFT Egyptian law that would allow a husband to have sex with the corpse of his wife up to six hours after her death

Read more: www.theweek.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I for one felt nauseous reading that article. Personally i know that there are many moderate muslims out there who think this whole thing is sick and are fighting to make sure that this does not become law in Egypt. It just makes you wonder about how mentally disturbed some of the hard liners are that they would resort to such clearly horrific acts.

www.theweek.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
This is a pretty old(in internet time) topic.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Although this story is horrifically sick and disturbing, it is just a law.

It does not mean, that every man must go and have sex with a dead body now ffs.

Like the article says, there are many opposing it, and it does not matter if it becomes a law or not. Those that did it before will continue, those who did not, still will not. It does not force them to do it.

It is down to some individuals who choose to do this.

I personally feel this is a slant againts muslims, by making it sound like they all do this.

vvv

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Some people will believe anything, no matter how absurd.

According to the editor of the website, the story is a hoax.

EDITOR'S NOTE, 3 MAY: Since this story was published, initial claims that it was a hoax have been borne out. Al Arabiya has quoted a number of denials by Egyptian MPs, and Samy Mahran, Secretary General of Parliament, said: "I have never heard of anything in this regard."

edit on 7-5-2012 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

EDITOR'S NOTE, 3 MAY: Since this story was published, initial claims that it was a hoax have been borne out. Al Arabiya has quoted a number of denials by Egyptian MPs, and Samy Mahran, Secretary General of Parliament, said: "I have never heard of anything in this regard."

According to the editor of the website, the story is a hoax.

Nice, thanks for finding this.

Like I said in my post, this sounds like another story to make the Muslim;s out to be "monsters" and "disgusting" in the eyes of the west.

Pathetic attempt at doing that. I am frankly disgusted.

vvv

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Perhaps you should read the comments again slowly, that way you will pick up where i clearly stated that i know many of the moderates who are good people and would not even consider this type of act. I am questioning the mental health of the those who take part and who are pushing to make it law.

Oh and if you read between the lines above you might find a subtle slant towards you.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Utopian

Nice try mate.

Making your threads name "Muslims allowed to practice necrophilia" is the first thing that catched the eye.

Now, if someone is browsing over the thread titles, in new topics, and sees this, what do you think they will think? Especially those allready influenced by the medias view of Muslims in general?

It is designed to cast them in a bad light. That is the fact here.

Now since its been pointed out, that it might indeed be BS, I feel the thread should go to the hoax bin.

vvv

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Cheers for finding that, i suppose i should of continued reading the editors notes. It does seem like tabloid journalism though not to remove and article that is clearly a hoax. These type of things get emotions running high, and the sanctity of life and the respect for the dead are issues that should not be used to sell papers or for someones entertainment

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

"Making your threads name "Muslims allowed to practice necrophilia" is the first thing that catched the eye."

No comment !

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
This is a pretty old(in internet time) topic.

And already outed as a HOAX

2nd

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Based on Quran, Islamic law clearly indicated that mortal/physical activities between husband and wife ceases when either one is dead.

It's not about a Muslim being moderate or not. This is either a hoax or a matter of corrupted government going way too overboard and the mainstream media spin propaganda to smear Islam. This did not happened when Mubarak was still in control.
edit on 5/7/2012 by wisdomnotemotion because: better remarks

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

Are you saying that even though Egypt attempting to make this law is a hoax, Sharia law does in fact permit sexual intercourse with the corpse of ones spouse ?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Utopian

your title is misleading as it leads us to believe that ALL muslims can have sex with ANY dead person (this is what "necrophilia" implies) while in fact this is about a draft of law that was proposed in Egypt that would allow people to have sex with their dead partner a last time.

Furthermore, some claim this to be a hoax. I didn't research that last one so I just mention it.

Don't get me wrong, I think this idea is just "sick", and heaps of "muslims" do think more or less the same.
But it also annoys me that people are so careless in "reporting", using titles that draw attention, even if they are simply misleading.

this has already been discussed on ATS

no star, no flag

edit on 7-5-2012 by NeverSleepingEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Covered here

Thread closed.

top topics

join