It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man City, One hand on the PL Title :D

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well as a Manchester City fan I have experienced the lows (more of them) and the highs (not as many) but now after the game on sunday which we beat Newcastle Utd 0-2 (two goals from the amazing Yaya Toure) and on level points with Manchester utd but with a better goal difference we have one more game next Sunday V QPR, If we win we win the title which we last won 44 years ago.
Having only drew once at home all season (won the rest) we are expected to thrash QPR even though they need a point to stay in the PL.
Next Sunday will be a party day for me I expect to be bladdered and very happy.
But its not over till the fat lass sings so fingers crossed
When we beat the Reds (1-6)I posted a fanzone vid which was funny so here is the same fan doing fanzone v Newcastle

Take it! Take it! Take it....(He wore the dress for a Charity which the newcastle fan was helping)

The futures bright,the future is blue

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Walter is my favorite fanzone commentator ever..too bad he's a Man City fan...
Gooner for life...TAKE IT TAKE IT TAKE IT!!!!!!!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
NA NA NAAAA!

it was so nice watching this with united fans

So much anger!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Well you deserve it mate,the way that Utd have thrown away their points advantage,we don't deserve anything this season.Still one more game to go so you never know!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nake13

Yup going to be crapping myself on Sunday, I want to say good luck to you but I don't want to jinx MCFC

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
So the Premiership is basically won by the team with the most money. Not sure I could take too much satisfaction from buying trophies.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Heard it all before blah blah blah, its been that way for 20 years more or less, more money = better players.
But you still have to gel and play the game so do I care we spent big to catch up to the big 4? nah do I fick.
Anyone would have loved to be bought by our shiek but he bought us so nah nah na na naaaaa

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Well, I really don't like Manchester United... but then again, I dislike Manchester City by far more

I'm usually an Arsenal fan but I think for one day only I can live with being a QPR fan.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Lol

I do hope you get a top 4 place cos I like Arsenal (fast becoming our feeder club)
at least you hate Scum Utd

Question for you do you think RVP will be wearing blue next season?
edit on 8-5-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Question for you do you think RVP will be wearing blue next season?

God I hope not, lol. Jeez, they've already taken Nasri and Clichy, why can't they just leave us alone already?

But na, In all honesty though I do think he'll stay. If he goes to City, which are the only contenders as far as I'm concerned, then he knows he's not going to get as much game time because.. well, let's face it, he just won't. There's plenty of competition there and with Arsenal he's guarantee'd to play every single game. He's also guarantee'd a new strike partner in Podolski, and them two together really could be a force in the premier league, something he'll undoubtedly know. I imagine Chamberlain will get a lot more game time this year as well and I think we all know already just how well he works with RVP.

It all comes down to the chairman really. If he's willing to spent a lot of money per week to keep him here then I think he'll stay. If he wants to be tight and give him a contract similar to what he's on now then I think he'll still accept but I think the offers for him will come flying in still. And RVP is a proven goalscorer in the premier league, he's worth big money right now. And what's the chairman going to do? Reject a 20, maybe even a 30 million + offer? No chance.

We need to spend this year, and we do need new players in a lot of positions I think. The right back, the left back, the center backs, we need need midfielders as well and even a more experienced goalkeeper in my opinion.. lord knows how we are where we are, in fact I know why.. It's largely down to RVP. He deserves a lot of credit for this season. It was his break out season and It happened right when we needed it too. Hopefully he'll be there next year and hopefully we'll be a bit more of a force with some new players and also with the return of Wilshere..
edit on 8-5-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well played City, thought you'd choked. But an amazing clawback in added time.

Season litterally went down to the last seconds to decide who'd won the title. Nailbiting stuff. And massive lols at the pictures from ManU with all their glum little faces

Now I just need Chel$ea to loose, so Spurs can qualify for the CL.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
WE WON!!!!!

In what fashion was that!!! Greatest game of football ever!!!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Boo Hoo Iam feeling amazing

The emotions in that match was asounding, Iam drunk and more happy than I have been in a while

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yeah I Googled. So no matter what Man U does later Man C gets the Cup? Does that come down to wins vs points? Because if Man U wins they will have the same points. A tie breaker so to speak.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

No dude Manchester city won the PL

We had to beat QPR and at 90:00 we were down 1-2 but the Edin Dzeko scored and then at 93:20 Sergio Aguero scored the winner to make it 3-2 to city and that means we won the PL

In the last few mins we came back from behind to win the PL
D

Chuffed I am

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Congratulations, you deserved it in the end. Good to see City fans so happy for a change.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

So that's different than the FA Cup?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Yup ....we won the FA cup last year but now we have won the top spot of english footie

The futures bright the futures blue

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

OK, please explain to this Canuck the difference between the Premiership and the FA Cup.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

The Premier League is played over the course of several months and consists of 38 games against all other teams in the league (home and away).

The FA Cup is a seperate cup competition that is open to all other English Leagues to participate in and is a knock-out competition.

There is also the Carling Cup which is a similar (although less valued) competition.

edit on 13/5/2012 by LiveForever8 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join