It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is a fraud, a wolf in sheeps clothing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by spire

Look, I agree with your assumption. It is long over due. But consider history. When was the last time the US revolted over the assassination of someone? Even Lincoln right after the civil war. If there was ever an unstable period in out history, that was it. But nothing.

Look outside our borders. In 2010 a plane load of Poland's most important people to include their President crashed in Russia. Nothing. Sure, it is easy to say it was pilot error or an accident. I have a bridge for sale too.

Look what has happened worldwide in the last few decades. There have been many mass protests and civil wars. How many have turned out a plus for the average Joe? What is the percentage? Slim pickings. Why?

Even on ATS I hate to sound conspiratorial, but why is it so hard to change course?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

he keeps conspiracy theorists and other people who are sick of both democrats and republicans distracted.

Why does he need to distract if he is the one being ignored?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I disagree.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Apparently you're not the brightest bulb in the box. We can forgive you for that, there are plenty of stupid people, it might not even be your fault, but why do idiots think that corporations will spend billions of dollars to prevent him from ever winning. They do NOT want him. He will not help them. He is against picking sides and corporate friends, wake the hell up.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

What do the corporations in America want more than anything? Deregulation.

I don't think this is true at all! If they wanted deregulation then wouldn't they lobby the government for it? Or bribe people for it?

They LOVE regulation, they just don't want it to apply to them! That's why they have corporations classed as a person! So the owners or CEO's can't be held accountable personally! Or very rarely at least. Regulation makes it near on impossible for the little guy to get a footing! Try opening up a restaurant or something similar. You need all kinds of licenses and insurance etc...

There is a possibility as to why Ron Paul is there (if we're going down the conspiratorial route). Perhaps he is there to get elected and then bring in his libertarian agendas (I want to go even further than Ron Paul, voluntarism), then when everyone is poor or on a low wage people won't wait long enough for things to settle and balance out they will just cry because their "entitlements" are gone! Then the good old state will step in once again to save everyone and give them "free stuff" again. But of-course this "free stuff" is not free! The bill is merely passed on to future generations! !5 trillion+ is the debt now? When to people envision this debt to be paid off exactly? Not in our lifetime! So who will pay it?

Future generations will be enslaved because of our "entitlement" and libertarianism and voluntarism/anarchism will be set back for another 100 or so years! All that people will need to say is, "anarchism? libertarianism? voluntarism? Don't you guys remember RON PAUL? Everyone was starving and poor!"

Now don't get me wrong Ron Paul is right on so many things! I love him! But then he thinks that the states should have all the powers he deems it immoral for the FEDS to have! lol... In reality he is somewhat of a hypocrite! Feds shouldn't tell you what to do with your own body! The states should!

Voluntarism is the only way to have a lasting peaceful society!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by headorheart
I was actually thinking about this earlier with the recent turn of events. What if this is actually what TPTB wanted all along? Is this their way of tricking the people into thinking they won? To be honest though, I agree with Paul's stands and ideas. So if I'm being fooled, I'm quite alright with it.

While I'd like to agree with you. Tell that to the people who voted for Obama because he said he'd bring the troops home. Or because he said he would shut down Guantanamo bay? Or because he said he wouldn't renew the Patriot Act? I could keep going.

The point is just because one says it, doesn't mean he will go through with it. Just as Obama was spitting campaign rhetoric, Paul too could be spewing points that he knows the voters want to hear (not my belief, just a thought.)

Hypothetically he could get into office and pull a complete 180. Even if he did not live up to what he said he would do, the die hard followers would still defend him. Just like in our current situation.

Politicians are politicians for a reason, am I right??

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Allegory of Illumination

uh, no. How often do you find a politician that bends for nobody, rejects special interests/lobbyists and has a consistent track record of doing what he says and saying what he does?

Maybe you haven't watched this yet:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Allegory of Illumination

Watch the video posted above my post. It's really not likely that someone could spout wjatbthe voters want to heat without going back on their word for over 20 years... It's never been done. So the chances are in our favor that he's the real deal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join